Sponsored by:

What's with all the Hating?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 04:04 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dariof
Strangest phenomenon with me...It seems to be the pick-up trucks that want to race me. I can't for the life of me figure out why though. Off the line, on the freeways, doesn't matter where.

They have no chance, and I don't race them.
+1000% Dario. I encounter this with my Benz as well. Infact, I first noticed p/u drivers being obnoxious when I got my first motorcycle.

Then, when I had my own company- My company truck was a Ford F350. I'll never forget the first light I pulled up to; some dip**** in another p/u wanted to race. I was like "Are you kidding me? They're PICK UP TRUCKS you moron!"

Sorry, but me think's people who drive p/u's (for the most part- not all) have little ego's that need a hug.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:06 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Likemystoppie?
+1000% Dario. I encounter this with my Benz as well. Infact, I first noticed p/u drivers being obnoxious when I got my first motorcycle.

Then, when I had my own company- My company truck was a Ford F350. I'll never forget the first light I pulled up to; some dip**** in another p/u wanted to race. I was like "Are you kidding me? They're PICK UP TRUCKS you moron!"

Sorry, but me think's people who drive p/u's (for the most part- not all) have little ego's that need a hug.

Oddly enough, I have problems with pickup truck drivers too. Really weird.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:09 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by TD in DC
Oddly enough, I have problems with pickup truck drivers too. Really weird.
I'm not trying to be negative towards these people; but mid-westerners are obsessed with big trucks. No one buys STATION WAGONS; they think it's beneath them.

On the flip side; New England- if you pull up in a German station wagon; there's a generalization that you're wealthy=status symbol.

I just think pickup truck drivers have small wee wee's. (small brains too.)
Old 04-28-2008, 04:10 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Likemystoppie?
I'm not trying to be negative towards these people; but mid-westerners are obsessed with big trucks. No one buys STATION WAGONS; they think it's beneath them.

On the flip side; New England- if you pull up in a German station wagon; there's a generalization that you're wealthy=status symbol.

I just think pickup truck drivers have small wee wee's. (small brains too.)

The weird thing is that some of the trucks are really pretty fast . . . so light . . .
Old 04-28-2008, 04:10 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by VaSteve
You. Are a douche.

That, that's what I think.
OCBen a douche??? You sir know not who you tangle with.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:15 PM
eqs
Advanced

Points that's funny - good description. You guys are funny w/the pu type guy comments ..... but it's true.

You gotta love that Pcar in your driveway! We're sooo lucky.

Cheers
Old 04-28-2008, 04:34 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by points
Thats Mr Douche!
Old 04-28-2008, 04:42 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 229 Likes on 125 Posts

The bottom line here is not to let ANY of these people affect you. The best thing going is that we're the ones in the Porsches and don't have to make any sort of concessions to others. Garage queen? I turned 24K on my 06 this weekend. And I haven't been over 180 mph in less than two years...
Old 04-28-2008, 04:50 PM
}{arlequin
Pro

really? why? is he yet another self-appointed rennlist celebrity? hmm....never heard of him

btw, this whole thread kinda justifies why people say that w/ porsches, the ****** are on the inside.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:58 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by VaSteve
You. Are a douche.

That, that's what I think.
Name calling here can get you expelled. Ask me how I know.

But as for what you think, I couldn't give a rat's ***. And if you were able to comprehend my post (which would give some indication of your thinking capabilities) you would have known that by now.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:12 PM
}{arlequin
Pro

Originally Posted by OCBen
But as for what you think, I couldn't give a rat's ***. And if you were able to comprehend my post (which would give some indication of your thinking capabilities) you would have known that by now.
well... you did say:
So let others think what they may.
so i think this guy is doing just that.

what i got from comprehending your post is not that you "couldn't give a rat's ***", but rather that, occasionally, you like to rev the crap out of the car on the street. in 2nd gear. thus making lots of engine noise.

and you wonder why people are 'hating on you' on the streets. you're laughable.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:30 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by }{arlequin
well... you did say:

so i think this guy is doing just that.

what i got from comprehending your post is not that you "couldn't give a rat's ***", but rather that, occasionally, you like to rev the crap out of the car on the street. in 2nd gear. thus making lots of engine noise.

and you wonder why people are 'hating on you' on the streets. you're laughable.
Having tubi exhaust on my car I pray irritates the livin shtye out of you as I go by in second at 5500 rpms. I bought my car specifically to get under the skin of folks just like you. Go on hate me with a passion. This thread was all about folks like you. Sell your Porsche if you even own one. Trust me we wont miss you a tall!! Bet a buck your avatar is a photo of you. Says it all.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:31 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 220 Likes on 146 Posts

My sentiments exactly Bigs.

I for one enjoy opening up the 997 on the rare occasions I take it out on the road. I'm a very aggressive individual by nature and my driving is no different. To others I'm a daring risk taker, but I like to think of myself as a calculated risk taker. I suppose I'll mellow out with age, but so far all age has done is sharpen my calculations of risk analysis in an instant that allows me to go for it when the opportunity arises.

I seldom stay below the speed limit and on occasion enjoy blasting through the gears and easily topping over 100 mph on open stretches of urban pavement. I must admit that on more than one occasion I have taken up the challenge to a "contest of speed" and easily - and I might add gratifyingly - blown the doors off the challenger who wasn't aware of the power and speed of the 997S. These of course were calculated risks in open stretches of roadway where it was safe to do so. But I enjoy the thrill of risk taking. That's just me.

Do I sometimes **** off other drivers with my driving? I'm sure I do. But most of the time it's likely stemming from jealousy, and I really don't give a rat's *** what others think. But I do make a conscientious effort to be courteous and not deliberately cut someone off or do other rude forms of driving behavior. Road rage being what it is in the LA area, most of us who live here know better than to incite it. But that doesn't stop me from occasionally redlining in second gear, even if it appears to others I am showing off. I just love the sound of that sweet 3.8 when she screams - what can I say.

There is a certain advantage you have on the road when you're behind the wheel of a powerful sportscar. You know it. And others know it. And it's not just in speed, but in accident avoidance capability as well.

So let others think what they may. You bought a Porsche for its capability. Don't ever let others intimidate you into driving conservatively, and not enjoying what you paid for.
Your honesty is refreshing. I would be the last one in the world to criticize your driving habits because what you describe is the way I drove for around 20+ years. Now that I'm in my senior years, I have slowed down some but still push the twisties to the limit on occassion.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:43 PM
968PORSCHE
Instructor

I find it more fun to let some of these dorks charge in front of me. You can tell they are just driving at 9/10ths, using every inch of their lane and crossing the yellow line as well. I take this cue to stay as centered in my lane as possible just to emphasize how rediculous they are being. It is actually entertaining knowing the picture they are seeing in their rearview. You know they are watching. These people generally tire of this pretty quickly and let you by. Gratification is delayed, but it sure is funny watching them bite off more than they can chew.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:48 PM
}{arlequin
Pro

Having tubi exhaust on my car I pray irritates the livin shtye out of you as I go by in second at 5500 rpms. I bought my car specifically to get under the skin of folks just like you. Go on hate me with a passion. This thread was all about folks like you. Sell your Porsche if you even own one. Trust me we wont miss you a tall!! Bet a buck your avatar is a photo of you. Says it all.
that's cute. you're just a regular "i-have-a-loud-car-toughguy" w/ that cocoa top and ruffled (RUFFLED? are.you.serious??) leather option. who specc'd out your car, liberace? makassar is a pretty wood, i'll give you that, but otherwise you're just a small step away from having the quintessential hairdresser's car.

Quick Reply: What's with all the Hating?