Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Plans for a 997 S Gone...Arrrgghhh! Dream reluctantly put on hold.

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 03:55 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts

Why does she need a 7000lbs truck to get to a triathlon? You can just as easily slap a bike on the roof of a 911 and, though the mini is small, I'm pretty sure a swimming cap and sneakers will fit in the trunk.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:57 PM
MartyB
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OCBen
Nahhhh, you guys just haven't seen the best garage here in this forum.

Check out Mitch's garage. This is the one you should envy.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/268127-3m-night-at-my-place.html
Ben, the garage(s) I most envy on Rennlist are the one(s) that house this collection of cars. I understand there have been some adds and deletes, but WOW.

Old 04-22-2008, 03:59 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

Dude for the money you paid on your truck and your mini you could have bought a CPO's 996
and a cheaper truck AND got better gas mileage. Thats what I would do if I couldnt get a 997 right now.
I would get a used 911 (alot of these puppies are babied to the point where they are better now than off the showroom floor) and use that as a DD and wait for the "Dream 911"
Old 04-22-2008, 04:54 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by MartyB
Ben, the garage(s) I most envy on Rennlist are the one(s) that house this collection of cars. I understand there have been some adds and deletes, but WOW.
I was speaking of the 997 Forum, not all of Rennlist. Magwheel owns a CGT and frequents that forum.

But still, his garage is no better than mine. He doesn't even own a lift, from what I can see in the pics.

Mitch's garage is still by far the best I've ever seen anywhere. I still daydream when I see pics of his garage.

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-supercars-carrera-gt-918-960/266433-pics-of-my-cars-in-a-line-up.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/showpost...6&postcount=46
Old 04-22-2008, 05:20 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 135 Posts

Only the blue car is mine. Shot one day during a tech session in SB. I have a long way to go to get that heavily into Porsches! (but we can always try!)
Old 04-22-2008, 07:59 PM
phantomias33
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by OldGuy
Dude for the money you paid on your truck and your mini you could have bought a CPO's 996
and a cheaper truck AND got better gas mileage. Thats what I would do if I couldnt get a 997 right now.
I would get a used 911 (alot of these puppies are babied to the point where they are better now than off the showroom floor) and use that as a DD and wait for the "Dream 911"

There's a lot of car combinations that would work. There isn't a lot of logic about my car decisions when I think about it. No debt to pay down or anything like that. I guess I was just curious what some of the replies would be. Sometimes I just feel like I'm winning some abstract battle within myself by exercising self control. However, I'm definitely one for spending the money I work for because it does make all the effort and risk worth it.

OLDGUY - You in Ridgecrest? I'm here at China Lake for a couple weeks helping out with some Predator testing.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:04 AM
Moderato
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by phantomias33
Moderato- If the $100k is worth less in a few years, then I won't be posting in Rennlist, I'll be in therapy.
Good Luck!
Old 04-23-2008, 09:32 AM
wetstuff
Pro

Ben says - "Check out Mitch's garage. This is the one you should envy. " Not me! - looks too much like work. I see skinned knuckles. ...and MS13 tagging my security door in New Jersey.

In Dan's garage: I see .. all the cars are on the ground, ready to be detailed or driven to the Polo Club in S.B. ...a much different vision.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:38 AM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by wetstuff
Ben says - "Check out Mitch's garage. This is the one you should envy. " Not me! - looks too much like work. I see skinned knuckles.
Ahhh, sounds like you're clueless around tools then. You must be one of those girly men we keep hearing about who wouldn't know how to change a tire if his life depended on it.

I'd say everyone here - excluding you - would love to have a garage with a lift to change the oil, inspect the undercarriage, and clean and detail underneath for the sheer fun of it. And for polishing and detailing the sides there is no better way than to have the car lifted up so you can work without having to crouch down or sit on the ground. Oops, I said a bad word didnt' I? - Work!

Btw, sounds like you missed Edgy's post. The blue one is the only one that's his.

Last edited by OCBen; 04-23-2008 at 10:57 AM. Reason: typo
Old 04-23-2008, 10:48 AM
grizzy
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is the m5 still available?

Mike
Old 04-23-2008, 01:24 PM
wetstuff
Pro

Ben: You're the one using that old hair cream'd actor's image?! He pretended to be something he wasn't and later simply read from RW scripts handed to him - like the current incompetent.

I saw the post; understand Dan has only one car. I just don't get a boner when I see a Butler bldg. with a lift in it.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:17 PM
phantomias33
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by grizzy
is the m5 still available?

Mike
Yup.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:30 PM
OCBen
Banned

Ben: You're the one using that old hair cream'd actor's image?!
Old 04-25-2008, 07:46 PM
MHC2S
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Ben: You're the one using that old hair cream'd actor's image?! He pretended to be something he wasn't and later simply read from RW scripts handed to him - like the current incompetent.

I saw the post; understand Dan has only one car. I just don't get a boner when I see a Butler bldg. with a lift in it.
Sorry for this off topic stuff, but I've got to chime in here. Wetstuff my building is not some Butler building, but a concrete warehouse that I turned into my personal fun house. I did well over 200K in renovations It is in a very quiet residential/ light commercial neighborhood. I have a gated fence around the perimeter because I store trailers for both myself and my track buddies in the parking lot. The building has both heat and AC throughout, a full office, 2 bathrooms one for the shop and one for the office, a kitchen , media room with Satellite TV and sofa, Not to mention a full auto workshop with 3 phase electric, it has a lift, Kaeser air compressor with 4 air stations around the building , a water drainage system running through the center of the floor( So I can wash my cars in the middle of winter with hot water and the heat on) , I also have a welding station(both mig and tig) and a plasma cutter for some modification. Trust me most men that walk in here don't want to leave

Just to give you a glimpse here's a pic of my office, the second pic is my kitchen and media room off to the right. Strait ahead is the workshop.
Attached Images   

Last edited by MHC2S; 04-25-2008 at 08:02 PM.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:03 AM
str8line
Relevance Score TBD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MHC2S
Sorry for this off topic stuff, but I've got to chime in here. Wetstuff my building is not some Butler building, but a concrete warehouse that I turned into my personal fun house. I did well over 200K in renovations It is in a very quiet residential/ light commercial neighborhood. I have a gated fence around the perimeter because I store trailers for both myself and my track buddies in the parking lot. The building has both heat and AC throughout, a full office, 2 bathrooms one for the shop and one for the office, a kitchen , media room with Satellite TV and sofa, Not to mention a full auto workshop with 3 phase electric, it has a lift, Kaeser air compressor with 4 air stations around the building , a water drainage system running through the center of the floor( So I can wash my cars in the middle of winter with hot water and the heat on) , I also have a welding station(both mig and tig) and a plasma cutter for some modification. Trust me most men that walk in here don't want to leave

Just to give you a glimpse here's a pic of my office, the second pic is my kitchen and media room off to the right. Strait ahead is the workshop.

Respect. The man goes to great lengths to make Jersey bearable...

Quick Reply: Plans for a 997 S Gone...Arrrgghhh! Dream reluctantly put on hold.