Sponsored by:

Emoticons

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 01:57 PM
draxa
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Emoticons

OK so this is really not specifically a 997-related topic but I feel I almost know you guys.......those 'others' on OT scare me.

Emoticons; d'you know when you child/wife/friend doesn't want to hear something you're saying, they stick a finger in each ear and go "ya,ya,ya,ya..." loudly?

Well, is there an emoticon that conveys that?

And if not, let's invent one!
Old 04-18-2008, 11:11 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by draxa
...I feel I almost know you guys.......those 'others' on OT scare me.
We do, do we, Drax? . .

Originally Posted by draxa
Emoticons; d'you know when you child/wife/friend doesn't want to hear something you're saying, they stick a finger in each ear and go "ya,ya,ya,ya..." loudly?
You find yourself in many arguments where you feel the need to do that, do you Drax?

I don't believe I've ever seen that emoticon before but you can do a google search for emoticons in general to see if you come across anything like that. The one I have seen is the "talk to the hand" one, which essentially conveys the same thing: Talk to the hand 'cuz I'm not listening to a word you're saying!

Are you planning on using that in OT as ammunition, eh Drax?

C'mon, put 'em up and fight like a man.

Old 04-18-2008, 12:30 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

Got to agree with the drax man...OT is a rough place. Ive been avoiding it myself lately. Theres some nasty sumbitches wandering those halls....both men and women.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:26 PM
draxa
Burning Brakes

I went there anyway......and LIVED!
Old 04-18-2008, 01:35 PM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by points
Got to agree with the drax man...OT is a rough place. Ive been avoiding it myself lately. Theres some nasty sumbitches wandering those halls....both men and women.
Point man, are you saying you got beat up by a GIRL???

Nahhh, not really a rough place at all if you're prepared to back up what you say. It only gets rough when people make BS statements that they can't back up with facts and then get called on it. That's what I like about OT, it helps weed out the BS so that statements supported by facts will remain standing. And that's the way it should be. But that's just for the controversial topics of discussion where it sometimes gets a little heated.

Now on the other hand there's a ton of light-hearted threads there that allows a noob to get familiar with the many different personalities there without fearing being drawn into a difference of opinion discussion. These lighter threads allow a noob to feel accepted and comfortable in this much more active, larger forum. There's a lot of playful fun there too that will have you busting a gut with laughter.

The best approach that works for me is to assume that everyone is being kind to you, and then treat them with the same respect you'd like to receive - the ol' Golden Rule. If you take the opposite approach you're bound to ruffle some feathers. If someone makes a good valid point, don't be afraid to compliment them on that. Bottom line, if you treat others with respect, others will likely treat you with respect. And if they don't, just continue to treat them respectfully and learn to rise above the fray.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:47 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by OCBen
Point man, are you saying you got beat up by a GIRL???

Yep....I got eaten alive! When sharks are circling in chummed waters dont go swimming.....at least thats what my old man told me.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:53 PM
OCBen
Banned

Let me guess, the Pirate Queen?

She's harmless, though she's a sharp cookie. And pretty funny too. Oh, and easy on the eyes too.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:14 PM
draxa
Burning Brakes

It's the guys with guns that terrify me.

And that dude in Canada - I think he's married to a Golden Retriever.

Quick Reply: Emoticons