Sponsored by:

Another No Ticket Ticket

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 12:29 AM
WAC
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Another No Ticket Ticket

I was in a hurry today scrambling to take my son to my mother in laws and get to the bank by noon for Easter egg quarters when I saw the flashing lights...

After handing over the license and insurance card the officer told me how fast I was going and then said "It's a 2007 right?" "No, it's a 2006." "It's got a lot of yellow on it, looks great!" "Thanks!" "I've got a 2002 996, here's your warning ticket and be careful."

I've been stopped twice driving 911's and both times got a warning from very nice officers who were Porsche enthusiasts. The first time I was going over 100mph on the turnpike in a targa (just to check out the wind noise level).

What great luck! Best part of the whole experience today was listening to my 10 year old rat me out to everyone...
Old 03-23-2008, 01:24 AM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by WAC
I was in a hurry today scrambling to take my son to my mother in laws and get to the bank by noon for Easter egg quarters when I saw the flashing lights...

After handing over the license and insurance card the officer told me how fast I was going and then said "It's a 2007 right?" "No, it's a 2006." "It's got a lot of yellow on it, looks great!" "Thanks!" "I've got a 2002 996, here's your warning ticket and be careful."

I've been stopped twice driving 911's and both times got a warning from very nice officers who were Porsche enthusiasts. The first time I was going over 100mph on the turnpike in a targa (just to check out the wind noise level).

What great luck! Best part of the whole experience today was listening to my 10 year old rat me out to everyone...
OK, a little OT, but how was the wind noise in the Targa?
Old 03-23-2008, 01:32 AM
sclemmons
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Sounds like you need one of those hard wired V1's people are talking about. Maybe two if you keep the Targa.

So you have two of the 4WD drive 997's? Did you not test drive the 2WD?

BTW, where do you fit the spare? I would love to see a pic.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:33 AM
angelo1404
Shamwow!
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Count your blessings on that one, most officers wouldn't be that understanding...
Kids will rat you out everytime!
Old 03-23-2008, 08:25 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

You are very luck! 100MPH and over in some states you can be subject for arrest.

You don't have a good radar/laser detector yet? Shame on you, it should be an option from Porsche!

Whichever radar/laser detector you get V1, K-40 etc get it NOW!!!

Next time, you're luck may run out!

As for your son ratting you out, my Niece did the same to me one day.

Deanski
Old 03-23-2008, 10:55 AM
WAC
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The targa I was referring to was a 1987 model and at 100 mph it's pretty loud. That was in 2000 so I don't get stopped too much...

I don't have a radar detector because I found that I got more tickets with one than without one. Probably because I pushed it harder and was less vigilant and more reliant on the detector than paying close attention to who was around me. I have considered it though since my practically screams fast.

I generally drive pretty close to the speed limit, within 10 mph anyway, which in my area I find doesn't get you too much attention. The day I was going 100mph it was probably less than 2 minuted on a fairly open stretch of highway and no police around (other than the guy who stopped me !

I just thought it was amazing, and incredibly lucky, to get stopped twice by Porsche enthusiasts!

BTW I've been stopped two other times in the same period in my truck with no tickets given. But I was in the country, wearing camo on the way to go hunting...I guess I've just been lucky in who has stopped me !

Happy Easter!
Old 03-23-2008, 01:19 PM
wetstuff
Pro

.....maybe you're lucky they pay troopers pretty good in OK. I can imagine the ending of the same story with some county cop who bounces C&W bars on the weekend.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:23 PM
crux354
Track Day

Originally Posted by WAC

Had to share my 100mph story:
I was in my M3 (before purchasing my '05 C2s) on an on ramp to the NY state thruway at night being tailgated by a sedan so of course I had to distance myself from this guy and put my foot in it. I get onto the thruway and into the middle lane and slow down a little to about 90 -95 mph and here comes this guy in the fast lane at about 100mph when he's beside me, I look over and it's a trooper in a Crown Vic. he looks over at me turns on his dashboard lights, shakes his finger at me and takes off. I nearly pissed myself!
I was on a date at the time and she thought it was the funniest thing. I think it helped me get a second date.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:02 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by WAC

Know the Turner Turnpike well. My best was 162 mph in a 55.

:-)

(That was my 1981 Turbo-SC)
Old 03-24-2008, 09:52 PM
BlueJay73
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Know the Turner Turnpike well. My best was 162 mph in a 55.

So, how was jail?

Quick Reply: Another No Ticket Ticket