OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks Jon. 'Preciate it.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:30 AM
ThatOneGuy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any thoughts on Lemon-lawing the car? Perhaps just as leverage.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:43 AM
Carrera06997S
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny that I should see this post on here today. I am in Newport Beach with two of my daughters for a quick visit. We were out driving on the PCH in my rented Shelby Mustang convertible when I see the Porsche dealership. We go in because they do not have this much inventory in Nashville,TN at Throughbred Motors. I have been thinking about getting a GT3 and they have several on the lot. They happen to have an 08 in the show room that it the green M&M color for a cool $147,000.00. We are in Newport Beach. The sells man that I talked to was very nice. Sorry to hear about your bad experience with the service department. We have had similar problems in Nashville. Most people that I know there hate them. That is too bad. I hate going in there because the sales person makes you feel like it is a privileged for you to be there. Very snobbish! FYI, they did have a new GT2,talk about WOW!
Old 03-19-2008, 03:12 PM
bk12
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes....NPB Porsche....not so good imo.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:29 PM
Stephenkng
Racer

Ben, good to have you back.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:22 PM
Da Hapa
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigwave
Thanks I'll look into Circle Porsche. I am in San Clemente and Hoehn Motors in Carlsbad is closer. Does anyone have experience with them?
We live in Dana Point and are currently in the process of buying a new 2008 997S from Hoehn (scheduled to take delivery on 3/30).

So far the process has been outstanding. I can't speak to service, and I hope to not have any reason to for quite some time, but this whole buying process has been a joy.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:52 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Da Hapa
We live in Dana Point and are currently in the process of buying a new 2008 997S from Hoehn (scheduled to take delivery on 3/30).

So far the process has been outstanding. I can't speak to service, and I hope to not have any reason to for quite some time, but this whole buying process has been a joy.
We expect to see photos when you get the car.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:10 PM
Da Hapa
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by keninirvine
We expect to see photos when you get the car.
Looking forward to being able to do so.

We're planning on taking the train down on Sun. 3/30 and the dealership is picking us up at the train station to go through the car soup to nuts with us.

This is our first Porsche and the whole sales experience has exceeded even my highest expectations. I have my fingers crossed that this trend continues.
Old 03-22-2008, 12:42 AM
joninoc
Advanced

Stopped by Newport Beach Porsche today unannounced for a very minor service issue. They could not have been more pleasant. Had me in and out in about 15 minutes. They did not even write up a service invoice. Had a few laughs with the salesman about the M&M green GT3 mentioned above. When I came out the car was ready. Sorry to hear some of you had bad luck there.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:03 AM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by joninoc
Stopped by Newport Beach Porsche today unannounced for a very minor service issue. They could not have been more pleasant. Had me in and out in about 15 minutes. They did not even write up a service invoice. Had a few laughs with the salesman about the M&M green GT3 mentioned above. When I came out the car was ready. Sorry to hear some of you had bad luck there.
Jon: I wish they had been as accommodating with me recently. I called to ask if I could drop by to have the excess oil removed that they overfilled when they did my $800 oil change/service. Instead, they said I'd have to make an appointment, which I did, and then had to wait over an hour for the procedure which should have taken about 10 minutes. When I first got there, the service rep took a reading (which of course took about 5 minutes since the engine had just been turned off). Finally, the indicator showed 3/4 full. He smugly suggested that there was no problem. I said that for 2 months the car has consistently shown all bars whenever I checked. He said "we normally measure them warm, not cold". I said "try again". He took another reading and voila, full bars! So he had to reluctantly agree to proceed with draining some oil.

Glad your experience was better. Maybe you could PM the name of the person you deal with there.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:35 AM
joninoc
Advanced

No need to PM, don't know who helped me, but I spoke to a Dennis in the morning and he said to stop by anytime. It was my first visit.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:23 AM
brianh
Rennlist Member

I have experience with Hoehn Service in Carlsbad over many years. Never had a bad experience there. The service manager Matt Oberry (think that's his last name) is a standup guy.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:44 AM
Duane993
Racer

So far so good with Hoehn in Carlsbad.

Quick Reply: Terrible Service Newport Beach