Sponsored by:

Pleasant surprise with my ordered car

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 01:11 PM
MartyB
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pleasant surprise with my ordered car

My C2S originally had a 3/3/08 build completion date, but my dealer informed me that it has now moved up to 2/28/08 - not much, but I was pleased to hear it. He also said it could change again and he has seen orders advance by as much as 14 days in the past, but that is an exception to the rule. I am told that paint schedules dictate completion dates more than anything else. Thought I would share this info with you guys waiting on cars.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:42 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by MartyB
My C2S originally had a 3/3/08 build completion date, but my dealer informed me that it has now moved up to 2/28/08 - not much, but I was pleased to hear it. He also said it could change again and he has seen orders advance by as much as 14 days in the past, but that is an exception to the rule. I am told that paint schedules dictate completion dates more than anything else. Thought I would share this info with you guys waiting on cars.

I heard that it really depends on how PAG moves the money they make from one building to the next. They need to make space for all that money ya know!!!

I kid I kid!!
Old 01-30-2008, 02:36 PM
Hauser_III
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 3 days is good, but do you have any idea what that would do to the shipping schedule? It may end up being completed 3 days earlier than scheduled, but still on the same boat that it would have been on. Or, if you're lucky, it ends up on an earlier boat.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:51 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Hauser_III
The 3 days is good, but do you have any idea what that would do to the shipping schedule? It may end up being completed 3 days earlier than scheduled, but still on the same boat that it would have been on. Or, if you're lucky, it ends up on an earlier boat.
That too is a craps shoot (sp?).

These boats go back and forth and their trip time is dependent on weather. I've been told that during the winter the trip can be up to about 16 days to go from port to Baltimore, but can get down to about 9 days in late Spring.

Then it depends on if they have enough cars on a truck before delivering to the dealer.

Oh well, I'll still take the 1 day that mine has moved up.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:59 PM
MartyB
Racer

It may end up being completed 3 days earlier than scheduled, but still on the same boat that it would have been on.
True that, but I figure an earlier completion date improves my chances of it getting across the pond quicker than would a later completion date. Also, if you guys didn't already know, Eric at bumperplugs.com publishes the shipping dates at about 3-4 weeks at a time. Just click on the links tab on his website.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:01 PM
MartyB
Racer

The 3 days is good . . .
Not to split hairs, but this is a leap year, so 4 days
Old 01-30-2008, 03:03 PM
Hauser_III
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MartyB
Not to split hairs, but this is a leap year, so 4 days

I'm going to have to stop changing my order, so that I can get to the point where it starts moving up the production chain.

"Hi, my name is Steve, and I'm an order-holic."
Old 01-30-2008, 03:32 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

I'm going to have to stop changing my order, so that I can get to the point where it starts moving up the production chain.

"Hi, my name is Steve, and I'm an order-holic."
LMAO!!!! funny stuff right there!!
Old 01-30-2008, 04:26 PM
cascade
Rennlist Member

I wonder if the weaker economy is responsible for the earlier build date? Porsche's first half (Aug - Jan)figures released a couple of days ago, showed 911 sales down 5.6% year over year.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:05 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by cascade
I wonder if the weaker economy is responsible for the earlier build date? Porsche's first half (Aug - Jan)figures released a couple of days ago, showed 911 sales down 5.6% year over year.
Not related.

We see production dates/finished production dates slide back and forth by +/- 15+ days.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:34 PM
MartyB
Racer

When my dealer told me mine was bumped up 4 days, he said another one of his orders was bumped back 2 days.

Quick Reply: Pleasant surprise with my ordered car