Sponsored by:

need body shop in Conn.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 01:39 PM
jcf7
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default need body shop in Conn.

I need to clean up my front end....chips, a million scrapes on the bottom, and so on. Can anyone recommend a great body shop in Connecticut?
thanks.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:46 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

There's only one choice - Automobile Associates of Canton on Albany Pike. Jim Newton's shop is simply the best, period. I've had work done there, as has my brother on Porsches, Ferraris, BMWs etc. His work is impeccable. He's restored 2 Manhattan trophy winners. Got to be one of the premier shops in the east.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:02 AM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Another place is the Black Horse Garage where we had the montly PCA meeting last night. Unbelievable what work they do on car restoration and refurbishment. And Automobile Assoiciates is an excellent choice as well. Hope this helps Carlos. How did you ever fix all of your early problems?

Jay
Old 01-24-2008, 01:36 PM
jcf7
Pro

Originally Posted by DJ23
Another place is the Black Horse Garage where we had the montly PCA meeting last night. Unbelievable what work they do on car restoration and refurbishment. And Automobile Assoiciates is an excellent choice as well. Hope this helps Carlos. How did you ever fix all of your early problems?

Jay
Hi Jay! I'm at 71k miles and have not had any problems for the last 30K or so. I worked with Porsche on the aggravation factor and we ended up “being friends”. In any case, the car has been great. My lease is up in May and I am not sure if I will trade in for a new one or buy this one. I still love every single mile I drive….obviously, with 71,000 miles.

How is your car after the fix from the accident?

Thanks for the body shop info. If I decide to keep it, I need to get the front end cleaned up a bit.

Best regards,
Old 01-24-2008, 01:37 PM
jcf7
Pro

Originally Posted by Phil G.
There's only one choice - Automobile Associates of Canton on Albany Pike. Jim Newton's shop is simply the best, period. I've had work done there, as has my brother on Porsches, Ferraris, BMWs etc. His work is impeccable. He's restored 2 Manhattan trophy winners. Got to be one of the premier shops in the east.
thanks Phil.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:53 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Carlos my car has been great. Not a problem. You wouldn't know that I had a fender bender if you looked at it. I just ordered Iforged Seneka wheels that I will have installed soon, and I'll take pics for all to see. Other than that everything has been great. Glad to hear that your car is doing well.

Jay
Old 01-24-2008, 09:24 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jcf7
thanks Phil.
Most welcome. If you use Jim's shop, let me know what you think of their work. You will not be disappointed. He's not cheap, but their work is the highest quality.

Quick Reply: need body shop in Conn.