Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Should I paint the rocker panels (see pic below)?
Yes
53.85%
No
46.15%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Now My Order - Comments Welcome

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 05:25 PM
blk on blk
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

The roof should come with natural brown color to go with interior from what I recall.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:29 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

That's what I thought also, until I was told here that is it "definitely greyish black Alcantara". The dealer hasn't confirmed one way or the other yet.

Dan, was your headliner alcantara? If so, what color?
Old 01-25-2008, 05:45 PM
MartyB
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FWIW, the Porsche car configurator builds it with a black headliner.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:53 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by MartyB
FWIW, the Porsche car configurator builds it with a black headliner.
Kind of.

If you select Sand Beige, the liner is beige Alcantara.
If you select Natural Brown, the liner is dark grey/black Alcantara (can't tell exactly).
If you keep the Natural Brown interior and add the leather liner, the liner obviously becomes NB leather.
If you remove the leather liner, the liner is a tan'ish Alcantara.

So, even the configurator provides different "answers". Sometimes it is dark and sometimes it is tan'ish.

Go figure.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:11 PM
surfer
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

my 07 c2s came with adaptive sports seats. i thought for 2695 dollars that was a ridiculous option but i had no choice as i bought a 5 month old previously owned p-car. now that i'm using it i can't imagine not having them. the hip and lumbar bolstering provides excellent support to the sports seats. no one else is going to touch my car except possibly my father when i'm out of town so the memory function is not as key.

btw i'm in my 30s and i don't have degenerative disc disease.

i love the 19" classic wheels. easy to clean and enhances the red calipers. i have aluminum look door finishers and rear center console which provides a nice contrast but still is just plastic. i like your decision to go leather.

i like the metal door sill model insignia but would be fine with out it.

i'm sad mine didn't come with the pse

bose is good. i'm getting the ipod adaptor installed when i get my laser jammer.

btw, i used to live in birmingham when i was doing my training. right on old woodward south of 16 mile don't miss those michigan winters at all.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:16 PM
Sunshine
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, PSE is great. When I want to hear my car I just press the button and I'm driving a beast. I think that Ruby Red is gorgeous and considering all the luxurious leather options you might as well paint the rockers and coat them with a clear bra type protection.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:22 PM
Hauser_III
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're looking to trim fat, I'd delete the parking assist, since I'm not crazy about the four little circles that it's going to put in your rear bumper.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:56 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by InTheAir
Boy, I wish I could get a straight answer on this (not an issue with you, but with Porsche).

So, Muss, are you saying that you have Natural Brown full leather interior with a tan'ish Alcantara roofliner and did not need any special ordering to get it done?

Do you have any pictures to share?

Honestly, if I don't have to, that roofliner will not be leather!
Here we go
Attached Images  
Old 01-25-2008, 06:59 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Thanks!!!!!
Old 01-25-2008, 10:44 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 135 Posts

that's not natural brown is it? Way too light for natural brown. (post #98) so the headliner is whatever it is.

no brown headliner in my cabrio,--the hardtop came with something that's black but not alcantera.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:00 AM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Received 682 Likes on 347 Posts

Very nice spec (and to the guy who said "too much stitching"? You can never have too much stitching!!). Anyway, I would also think about getting rid of the parking sensors and steering column leather. Your wife shouldn't be parking near anything anyway LOL!

The door finishers and gear lever trim (I have both) are very nice and help pull the interior together. Especially the gear lever trim. You'd be surprised how many of the TT owners ordered their cars not knowing this piece even existed until some of us got it. They are kicking themselves for not knowing about it.

You may have mentioned it somewhere but do you plan on keeping this car for a while? If so, GET IT EXACTLY AS YOU WANT. Don't let a few extra $$ get in the way (easy for me to say!).

If you can delete the steering column and parking sensors maybe consider the leather switch panel. Not sure how you feel about the silver/volcano plastic that is on the dash but may not be the best combo w/ a brown interior.

If you really want to go nuts how about the PCM in leather
Old 01-26-2008, 11:11 AM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Parking sensors are worth every penny if you street park regularly. Look at the cost of repainting the rear bumper and the cost of parking sensors and you will see why they are worth considering.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:42 AM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Received 682 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by Le Chef
Parking sensors are worth every penny if you street park regularly. Look at the cost of repainting the rear bumper and the cost of parking sensors and you will see why they are worth considering.
How about parking without hitting something LOL! It's not that hard.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:13 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by E55AMG
How about parking without hitting something LOL! It's not that hard.
Not for my wife.

I was thinking the sensors are cheap compared to the likely repair. Although I don't necessarily like the bumps on the bumper.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:19 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by E55AMG
The door finishers and gear lever trim (I have both) are very nice and help pull the interior together. Especially the gear lever trim. You'd be surprised how many of the TT owners ordered their cars not knowing this piece even existed until some of us got it. They are kicking themselves for not knowing about it.

You may have mentioned it somewhere but do you plan on keeping this car for a while? If so, GET IT EXACTLY AS YOU WANT. Don't let a few extra $$ get in the way (easy for me to say!).
That's my thought too. I plan to have this car for at least 5 years and perhaps more, so I don't want to wish I got something but didn't. Although, there are certainly things I could give up without much pain.

If you can delete the steering column and parking sensors maybe consider the leather switch panel. Not sure how you feel about the silver/volcano plastic that is on the dash but may not be the best combo w/ a brown interior.

If you really want to go nuts how about the PCM in leather
Now you're just making things expensive.

Quick Reply: Now My Order - Comments Welcome