Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harsh ride and pounding ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 06:19 PM
Liva
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have paid more attention to what is goin on and i am starting to think that my shock mounts are loose or something is loose causing a clunking sound from the rear suspension. These noises are pretty loud and make it seem like the bump was a lot worse than it really is...when they put H&R lower springs on, is there anything that could have went wrong to cause this issue, i am not sure if it happened before the springs as i only put 150 miles on it before the springs went on
Old 10-29-2007, 11:52 PM
prwdmd
Intermediate

The 997 S comes standard with PASM which is an active suspension and does a fairly good job at smoothing out bumps. Unless they were optioned as such, most base 997's don't have PASM. The original poster's vehicle probably doesn't have PASM and therefore just passive suspension. I also agree with the previous responses about checking the tire pressure. My C2S is sensitive to even small changes in tire pressure.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:32 AM
Liva
Advanced

so i brought my car back to the place that installed my h&r lowering springs so they could check if anything was loose from the install...turns out my right rear shock has oil coming out of it and is blown...i am thinking about installing bilstein pss9's, does anyone know where i can get a good price on a set??
Old 11-01-2007, 03:46 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Liva
so i brought my car back to the place that installed my h&r lowering springs so they could check if anything was loose from the install...turns out my right rear shock has oil coming out of it and is blown...i am thinking about installing bilstein pss9's, does anyone know where i can get a good price on a set??
Normally, lowering/changing the springs will result in OEM blown struts. Installing the Bilstein with H&R springs will result in much better strut reliability.

You really have two options:

1_ Replace the blown strut, install the old OEM springs, and deal with the ride height

2_ Replace the (4) struts to Bilstein

Best of luck!

Quick Reply: Harsh ride and pounding ???