Sponsored by:

PSM and PASM Failure

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 02:59 PM
ozcav
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PSM and PASM Failure

Every few days when I start up the car from cold I am getting warnings that PSM and PASM have failed. Generally, driving for a minute clears the warnings. Other times, turning off the car and restarting does the trick. But, not always. I have had it to the dealer twice for other reasons and of course the problem didn't occur then. Anyone have any idea what is going on and what the proper fix might be?
Old 10-03-2007, 04:16 PM
ChipAZ
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had that problem after having to jump start a 977 with a dead battery. The car always reboots itself usally after with all the electronics coming back on line when you start it a second time under the battery"s own power. At least for me.

That's not Quite what you asked but I hope it helps.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:53 PM
99firehawk
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

next time it happens take it to the dealer and dont let the shut if off till they read the fault, lights on theres a fault. im going to guess low battery casuing steering angle sensor initailation problems
Old 10-04-2007, 10:12 AM
ozcav
Instructor

Thanks. There was a new twist today - the menu functions can't be access by the control stalk and the blinkers don't work. Would this be a further manifestation of that issue? (I am in Houston so getting the Sonic owned dealers to call you back so you can actually schedule an appointment can take days and I tend to get time to see these things progress.)
Old 10-04-2007, 10:42 AM
V.A.G.
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 99firehawk
next time it happens take it to the dealer and dont let the shut if off till they read the fault, lights on theres a fault. im going to guess low battery casuing steering angle sensor initailation problems
2x Sounds like a low battery..
Old 10-04-2007, 11:10 AM
ChipAZ
Pro

Ditto. My cruise control would quit working to. Take it in.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:16 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 477 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by ozcav
Thanks. There was a new twist today - the menu functions can't be access by the control stalk and the blinkers don't work. Would this be a further manifestation of that issue? (I am in Houston so getting the Sonic owned dealers to call you back so you can actually schedule an appointment can take days and I tend to get time to see these things progress.)
If you can't get a service appt by simply picking up the phone x1, then you need to go somewhere else. That's ridiculous.
Definitely bring it in pronto.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:20 AM
ChipAZ
Pro

The dealer in ABQ, PHX would of said bring her on in. Given you a lonar. Not saying you have to go all the way there, but there is a difference in dealership caring about problems like that.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:35 AM
ozcav
Instructor

Originally Posted by Coochas
If you can't get a service appt by simply picking up the phone x1, then you need to go somewhere else. That's ridiculous.
Definitely bring it in pronto.
Agreed, but we don't have any dealer choices in Houston. With our BMW, we drive 30 miles out of the way to avoid this same chain of dealers for service. Don't have that option for the p-car.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:41 AM
NorthVan
Three Wheelin'

Default I had a similar problem

I lost all contols excpet for windshield washers. I took it to the dealer and they found that the battery was low, which in turn caused a few of the cars on board computers to brown out. The dealer reset all of the computers in the car and charged the battery.

I then bought the battery maintainer and haven't had a problem since.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:01 PM
ChipAZ
Pro

I don't want this to become a dealer bitch tread, but take the car there. Don't tell them your coming. Don't take no for a answer. Get hard. The Tucson dealer is lazy like that. I could go on with bitching tricks with these guys but you know what I mean.

I wouldn't own a Porsche if the only dealer in town was like that, use that line.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:16 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by V.A.G.
2x Sounds like a low battery..
Uhmmm.... what did you say??? Sorry, I was distracted by your avatar!

Quick Reply: PSM and PASM Failure