Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New future driver (owner's son) here!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 12:43 PM
aashish84
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New future driver (owner's son) here!

Hello everyone. I have been reading these forums for the past 5-6 months now and I'm finally posting so I can get my post count up to 5 before my dad's 997 Carrera 4S coupe arrives sometime next month/early July. It is a May build and I'm crazy excited for it to come!!! Although it is his car, I will most likely be the weekend driver , as it is with all of his cars (i'm 23). I look forward to reading and posting more on these forums. On a side note, Porsche owners are real intellectuals, as I'm on 3 other forums for our other cars, and you guys and girls are the smartest bunch out there! It goes to show, your car does tell a lot about you. And one thing is definitely clear, although some of you may disagree time to time, you all are very passionate about Porsche. So without further ado, the options:

2007 997 Carrera 4S Coupe
Carrara White w/ Black interior
19" Sport Design Wheels
Tiptronic S (daily commute from NJ to Brooklyn)
Power Seat Package
Self Dimming Mirrors
Heated seats
3-spoke Multifunction Steering Wheel
Porsche Crests in Headrest
Illuminated Stainless Steel Door Sills
Navigation for PCM
Bose Package
CD Changer
(will add Color Crest Wheel caps and Clear Corners upon delivery)

If I was going to option the car, I would have changed/added a few options, especially Sport Exhaust and a manual and a convertible. But this is my father's car, and he is coming from a Benz CLK500, so he wanted to keep it as comfortable as possible while keeping the price low (he leases). So I look forward to your comments and I can't wait until we get the car!
Old 05-07-2007, 12:55 PM
crg1717
Advanced

A nice fathers day day gift would be to take him to the Porsche driving school in Alabama . It would also let you practice your skills on THEIR vehicles . Good Luck. crg
Old 05-07-2007, 06:18 PM
zicoramone
Aficionado
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome! 4s's are amazing...such a fat *** like every Porsche should be. Your father has good taste. White is the color to have. Congrats.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:24 AM
aashish84
Intermediate

Thanks! I do take some credit for the car, especially the color! I had to drag him out of the bmw and jaguar dealers to go test drive the porsche. After that drive, the car sold itself!!!
Old 05-08-2007, 01:28 PM
DennisVR
Intermediate

Originally Posted by aashish84
Thanks! I do take some credit for the car, especially the color! I had to drag him out of the bmw and jaguar dealers to go test drive the porsche. After that drive, the car sold itself!!!
hehe, good job

looking forward to see the pictures
Old 05-08-2007, 02:06 PM
rcg412
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 81 Posts

19" wheels from NJ to Brooklyn? Good luck.....
Old 05-08-2007, 02:44 PM
pl
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tiptronic S (daily commute from NJ to Brooklyn) ?
you know, one thing i like about high gas price, is the traffic is great!
i def. enjoy my daily commute from central NJ to exchange place/jersey city.
go check out www.nnjr-pca.com great local porsche owner club.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:10 PM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Congrats on your new weekend car.
Start working hard and you can have you're own.
From the time I was 15 I was shooting for my own Porsche by 30. I passed.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:34 AM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by ELUSIVE
Congrats on your new weekend car.
Start working hard and you can have you're own.
From the time I was 15 I was shooting for my own Porsche by 30. I passed.
Yup. My Porsche fun, at the rate I'm contributing, should have me in a boxster before then.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:49 AM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

Welcome to the forum! And thanks for the compliments! ;-)

That's a great thing, to have a 997 as a weekend driver. My dad was driving an old Simca 1301... and even if I had wanted, he would not have given it to me.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:13 AM
geof
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Warning: Allowing your Dad to buy a Porsche will result in you, years down the line, saying to yourself "I'm becoming like my Dad!!" during the years/months prior to making your own Porsche purchase.

I swear, if my Dad did not have that '74 911 and then that '86 911, which he and I drove up and down the East Coast, and which he let me drive on my own from DC to Vermont twice (or thrice?), I would NEVER even consider buying one. Heck I live in a city and walk to work! But, alas, I've got an "irresponsible" amount of cash earmarked for an "irresponsible" purchase soon...

No, I'm not becoming my Dad, dammit!
Old 05-09-2007, 10:21 AM
aashish84
Intermediate

Thanks for all the great responses. The truth is I look up to my dad, enough to want to follow in his footsteps! I plan on attending medical school soon and hopefully one day I will be as successful as he is today! I don't think I will be fortunate enough to have my own Porsche before I'm 25, or even 30, but one day! It's like that Porsche commercial that a member posted a link to on here a while back about the kid who rides his bike to the Porsche dealer and loves the new 997 and he says he'll be back in 20 years. That's me! I have loved these cars ever since I could pronounce Porsche and I still have my 959 poster hanging above my bed!

Even though we don't have ours yet, I already know this car is going to be more than a car, it's going to be an experience. There's that saying the journey is the destination; well I would not want to take the journey in any other car than a Porsche!
Old 05-09-2007, 03:08 PM
ChipAZ
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by geof
Warning: Allowing your Dad to buy a Porsche will result in you, years down the line, saying to yourself "I'm becoming like my Dad!!" during the years/months prior to making your own Porsche purchase.

I swear, if my Dad did not have that '74 911 and then that '86 911, which he and I drove up and down the East Coast, and which he let me drive on my own from DC to Vermont twice (or thrice?), I would NEVER even consider buying one. Heck I live in a city and walk to work! But, alas, I've got an "irresponsible" amount of cash earmarked for an "irresponsible" purchase soon...

No, I'm not becoming my Dad, dammit!

Yep, Thanks Dad for that 69 911S you bought. It started the addiction.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:42 PM
aashish84
Intermediate

Update: The car is in Baltimore (came across the pond on the Sirius highway) and is awaiting customs and inspections. I'm hoping we will have it within the next 2 weeks! I will definitely post pictures once we get the car. I already bought my matching Porsche Design driving sneakers. The obsession has begun gentlemen!
Old 06-04-2007, 04:03 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 135 Posts

I guess I'm a little 'out' of it, but to be driving your daddy's car at age 23 isn't what I would be posting notes about. Go earn your own livelihood and make your own way. I bought my first Porsche at 19. My first new 911 at 22. It was my money.

Quick Reply: New future driver (owner's son) here!