Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   997 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum-113/)
-   -   OT - JohnD & Jen Appreciation (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/336629-ot-johnd-and-jen-appreciation.html)

Coochas 03-11-2007 01:14 PM

OT - JohnD & Jen Appreciation

Hi Everyone:

As you members may realize, the OT forum was closed by John D because of an apparent recent outbreak of nastiness. Personally, I spend most of my time here and not in OT but there have certainly been countless highly enjoyable threads in the OT that I have participated in over the years.

My reason for posting is not to ask John D to reopen the OT forum but rather to let him know how much we truly appreciate his and Jen's hard work in keeping Rennlist the fantastic site that it has become. It is be far my number one favorite place on the internet.

Have a look at the requirements to become a site sponsor in which John shows some numbers about the amount of traffic that goes through Rennlist every day: it is truly extraordinary.

So,....I ask of you, my fellow members and users, to use this thread as a place to thank John and Jen for their hard work and to let them know how much we appreciate this e-respite.

Please do not use this thread to discuss why or why not the OT was closed or whether it should be re-opened. Let's give thanks where thanks is due.

OCBen 03-11-2007 01:20 PM

See page 10 of this thread for Randy V's message:

https://rennlist.com/forums/off-topic/336340-ot-shut-down.html

Sounds like you might have missed the discussions that have been going on in other forums, Dave, but the consensus appears to be that many are not happy with the apparent capricious manner in the way things are being run.

mglobe 03-11-2007 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Coochas
Hi Everyone:

As you members may realize, the OT forum was closed by John D because of an apparent recent outbreak of nastiness. Personally, I spend most of my time here and not in OT but there have certainly been countless highly enjoyable threads in the OT that I have participated in over the years.

My reason for posting is not to ask John D to reopen the OT forum but rather to let him know how much we truly appreciate his and Jen's hard work in keeping Rennlist the fantastic site that it has become. It is be far my number one favorite place on the internet.

Have a look at the requirements to become a site sponsor in which John shows some numbers about the amount of traffic that goes through Rennlist every day: it is truly extraordinary.

So,....I ask of you, my fellow members and users, to use this thread as a place to thank John and Jen for their hard work and to let them know how much we appreciate this e-respite.

Please do not use this thread to discuss why or why not the OT was closed or whether it should be re-opened. Let's give thanks where thanks is due.

+1

DJF1 03-11-2007 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by OCBen
Dave, but the consensus appears to be that many are not happy with the apparent capricious manner in the way things are being run.

Capricious??? Well deserved IMO! Many of the people who protest on the 928 board are the offending parties. Just look at the response towards the end of the thread"If you dont like the OT stay the hell out"... Now that was a "mature" response...

How would you like it if your moderation after he banned you came back and made fun of you? Some people forget that behind keyboards there are real people. Some have thick skins some dont. But that is NOT the point here. The point that many fail to realize is that is there ANY need for Rennlist to have a section where its members are acting like 6 year olds in the sandbox? What is the benefit to the site and to all of us? The "roadfly"board used to be quite popular however it went down the tubes because it became the home of the immature and the retarded. Rennlist always had the reputation for a mature site providing the best technical information on Porsche's on the web. I personally dont want this site to have the same fate as roadfly just because some 16 year old wants to post a poll on masturbation and some idiot openly calles me a rat and is allowed to do so publicly.

The one thing that I would agree is to have the board open again with a moderator that will rule it with an iron feast. It needs that as its obvious that some "members"here they wont realize that their actions lead to this.

The bottom line is that it is in our best interest to protect the reputation of Rennlist as we all have to benefit from that. Besides some of the great people that I have met over the years, the amount of money I have saved on useless mods that are been sold in the market is enough to pay for the membership of my great great great grandchildren...

Coochas 03-11-2007 02:01 PM

Guys....I really didn't want this thread to debate what is going/has gone on.

This is only to express thanks for Rennlist. I would really hate to close this thread.

OCBen 03-11-2007 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by DJF1
The one thing that I would agree is to have the board open again with a moderator that will rule it with an iron feast. It needs that as its obvious that some "members"here they wont realize that their actions lead to this.

Fairness is all everyone really wants.

Define the strike zone and let every umpire try his best to call a good game.

Likemystoppie? 03-11-2007 02:35 PM

I for one want to Thank Jen and John..... That and I'm hoping they send me pictures of Portsmouth as I miss home more then I care to admit. :D

gravedgr 03-11-2007 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Coochas
Hi Everyone:

+1

Originally Posted by OCBen
See page 10 of this thread for Randy V's message:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336340

Sounds like you might have missed the discussions that have been going on in other forums, Dave, but the consensus appears to be that many are not happy with the apparent capricious manner in the way things are being run.

Ben - did you even bother to read Dave's comments about the use of this thread? If you have some bone to pick with the Rennlist staff, move it to your own thread.

OCBen 03-11-2007 03:57 PM

OT's back online.

Read John D's message.

Holli82 03-11-2007 06:52 PM

this by far the easiest site to navigate (good luck remembering a post you made on Rennteam) and there is a lot of good info here which saved me thousands of $$ on my purchase and my accessories.

john and jen :thumbup: thanks for all of the hard work putting this machine together.

Soulteacher 03-11-2007 11:45 PM

Dave, last week I renewed my membership for two years; I guess this is a measurable sign of my appreciation! Love Rennlist. Thanks, John and Jen!

Personally, I don't care about what's going on in the OT, as long as the 997 forum remains what it is: a great source for excellent Porsche-related information, provided by intelligent people who mostly (and successfully) strive to avoid the type of conflict we find in the OT.

gravedgr 03-12-2007 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Soulteacher
intelligent people who mostly (and successfully) strive to avoid the type of conflict we find in the OT.

For the longest time, I didn't know there was an OT. I think I've visited 3-5 times.

Blackness 03-12-2007 10:21 AM

Thanks for all your hard work John & Jen. You guys have to spend a ton of time with this site. Don't know how you do it. :cheers:

cvazquez 03-12-2007 10:38 AM

Kudos goes out to John & Jen for providing us with an extraordinary forum!

Cheers! :cheers:

gota911 03-12-2007 10:57 AM

John & Jenn - I spend 98% of my Porsche "on line" time on Rennlist, with the other 2% looking on ebay for Porsche stuff. Very well organized site, easy to navigate in and around. I really do appreciate the job both of you do here! :thumbup: