Notices
997 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has the best looking 997?

 
Old 03-05-2007, 04:07 PM
  #16  
cvazquez
User
Thread Starter
 
cvazquez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,535
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by LERA GT2
Hope this is better. Need to practice for GT3 arrival!

YOU GOT IT... SWEET RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cvazquez is offline  
Old 03-05-2007, 04:34 PM
  #17  
Leader
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Leader's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,025
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

It's hard to resist getting in on a thread like this...
here's my S on the track in California...clean, Zaino'd, and dusted. Ten seconds later it didn't look this clean.


Last edited by Leader; 08-26-2008 at 06:55 PM.
Leader is offline  
Old 03-05-2007, 04:41 PM
  #18  
cvazquez
User
Thread Starter
 
cvazquez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,535
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

[QUOTE=Leader]It's hard to resist getting in on a thread like this...
here's my S on the track in California...clean, Zaino'd, and dusted. Ten seconds later it didn't look this clean.
QUOTE]

Smokin hot!
cvazquez is offline  
Old 03-05-2007, 04:48 PM
  #19  
Deanski
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Deanski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Norwalk,CT
Posts: 1,853
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Here ya go... Nothing like high reflections!!



Need a better camera!!

Deanski
Deanski is offline  
Old 03-05-2007, 04:57 PM
  #20  
cvazquez
User
Thread Starter
 
cvazquez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,535
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

She is gorgeous… love the aero go fast package... you must get a lot of rubber necking around town!
cvazquez is offline  
Old 03-05-2007, 05:02 PM
  #21  
JohnnyBahamas
Super User
 
JohnnyBahamas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,607
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

I love this Atlas Grey 4S... the standard GT silver of the Carrera sport rims sets off the Atlas nicely (top 4 pics). But my vote would be for Ray Minella's one of kind '07 GT3 RS recently shown on the GT3 forum (bottom 2 pics).

Apologies to Mr. Minella for entering his ride in the best looking 997 thread

Last edited by JohnnyBahamas; 05-22-2013 at 12:37 PM.
JohnnyBahamas is offline  
Old 03-05-2007, 05:15 PM
  #22  
Deanski
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Deanski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Norwalk,CT
Posts: 1,853
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by cvazquez
She is gorgeous… love the aero go fast package... you must get a lot of rubber necking around town!
Thank you. Notice the speed yellow seatbelts? Added these when I ordered it with the PCCB's. Makes the full black leather interior look much better!! A few more very slight touches on the way.

I get several cell phone camera users taking pics when on the road.

Once I get more time to re-polish it again with Menzerna, then add Zaino and find a good camera, I'll take more pics. For deeper wetter look, I top with a wax, but strip it off before driving or having it outside in the sun. Oils migrate out of waxes in the sun and trap dirt and pollen like flypaper. Sealants don't, it's easy to dust off. But for shows, people like the deeper wetter look.

Regards,
Deanski
Deanski is offline  
Old 03-05-2007, 05:17 PM
  #23  
Deanski
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Deanski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Norwalk,CT
Posts: 1,853
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by JohnnyBahamas
I love this Atlas Grey 4S... the standard GT silver of the Carrera sport rims sets off the Atlas nicely (top 4 pics). But my vote would be for Ray Minella's one of kind '07 GT3 RS recently shown on the GT3 forum (bottom 2 pics).

Apologies to Mr. Minella for entering his ride in the best looking 997 thread

That GT3-RS is S I C K !!!!! Lucky bastard!!!! With PCCB's too!!!

Now THAT'S a serious 997!!!!

Regards,
Deanski
Deanski is offline  
Old 03-05-2007, 05:40 PM
  #24  
cvazquez
User
Thread Starter
 
cvazquez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,535
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Deanski
Thank you. Notice the speed yellow seatbelts? Added these when I ordered it with the PCCB's. Makes the full black leather interior look much better!! A few more very slight touches on the way.

I get several cell phone camera users taking pics when on the road.

Once I get more time to re-polish it again with Menzerna, then add Zaino and find a good camera, I'll take more pics. For deeper wetter look, I top with a wax, but strip it off before driving or having it outside in the sun. Oils migrate out of waxes in the sun and trap dirt and pollen like flypaper. Sealants don't, it's easy to dust off. But for shows, people like the deeper wetter look.

Regards,
Deanski
WOW... I never added two and two together with the wax oils migrating out of the wax. It all makes sense now. I have Sealant on the Lexus and it is much easier to keep clean and stays clean for a longer period. However, I wax the P-car and I am always finding myself with a bottle of wipe mist and a micro towel detailing the paint from dirt and dust particles. You taught an old dog a new trick… Thanks!
cvazquez is offline  
Old 03-05-2007, 05:48 PM
  #25  
cvazquez
User
Thread Starter
 
cvazquez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,535
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Talk about respect... GT3 RS (yes sir two bags full)!
cvazquez is offline  
Old 03-05-2007, 05:51 PM
  #26  
OCBen
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Back in the OC
Posts: 15,017
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by cvazquez
WOW... I never added two and two together with the wax oils migrating out of the wax. It all makes sense now.
Actually, the process is called evaporation, and I covered that in my waxing thread.

If you put a coat of pure carnuba wax (e.g. Pinnacle's Souveran) on your car and leave it sit in the sun it will evaporate just like anything else left in the sun.
OCBen is offline  
Old 03-05-2007, 05:55 PM
  #27  
OCBen
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Back in the OC
Posts: 15,017
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Deanski
That GT3-RS is S I C K !!!!! Lucky bastard!!!! With PCCB's too!!!

Now THAT'S a serious 997!!!!
I'm not seeing that color scheme on that GT3-RS.

Does not look good at all to me to have the wheels painted blue to match the blue stripe along the bottom. Looks too much like a promotional color scheme - not something I would want on my own personal car. I would prefer the debadged look without the stripe along the bottom and with the standard silver GT3 wheels.
OCBen is offline  
Old 03-05-2007, 06:09 PM
  #28  
THinthedesert
User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Central Arizona
Posts: 76
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

[QUOTE=Leader]It's hard to resist getting in on a thread like this...
here's my S on the track in California...clean, Zaino'd, and dusted. Ten seconds later it didn't look this clean.




A beautiful car and very nice & BLACK.

Is the interior black as well?

I need to decide colors on my 997 order soon.
THinthedesert is offline  
Old 03-05-2007, 06:10 PM
  #29  
icon
User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,696
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by OCBen
I'm not seeing that color scheme on that GT3-RS.

Does not look good at all to me to have the wheels painted blue to match the blue stripe along the bottom. Looks too much like a promotional color scheme - not something I would want on my own personal car. I would prefer the debadged look without the stripe along the bottom and with the standard silver GT3 wheels.
it's a copy of a 996gt3rs scheme.
he went for the classic look!
icon is offline  
Old 03-05-2007, 06:17 PM
  #30  
OCBen
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Back in the OC
Posts: 15,017
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by icon
it's a copy of a 996gt3rs scheme.
he went for the classic look!
Ah yes, that conservative classic look. Those spokes look weird the way they're painted to look connected on the rim like that.

So what do you get with the RS that you can't with the basic GT3, besides the stripe along the bottom?
OCBen is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who has the best looking 997?


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: