Sponsored by:

Dension Gateway 500 iPod Adapter Arrived Today

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 10:34 AM
brente2
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rickhuizinga
Track name only. No artist or album info is displayed on the (virtual) CD's track list.
bummer - oh well. the Dension docs indicate both track and artist name. I can live without it
Old 02-03-2007, 10:35 AM
brente2
Track Day

I just used Velcro.
great - thx again for sharing your info!
Old 02-03-2007, 01:36 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

This forum seems to have the most activity on it.....This is applicable to Boxster, Cayman, Carrera...
You know, there is a forum for DIY installations that are applicable across several model lines, though it's not specific to electronics installation. It would better serve the community at large if this were placed there.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:54 PM
Randy V
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by OCBen
You know, there is a forum for DIY installations that are applicable across several model lines, though it's not specific to electronics installation. It would better serve the community at large if this were placed there.
Ben -

Create a new Topic in DIY and then add a link to this thread.

This topic seems to have generated quite a bit of discussion here, so let's leave it.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:07 PM
brente2
Track Day

Originally Posted by brente2
I also noticed that the 5G video ipod holder doesn't hold the ipod very tightly - it slides a bit. I've got to come up with something to prevent it from sliding during the high-g turns and sudden acceleration...
It turns out that there is a small plastic cover that is included in the Dension box that fits in the ipod holder to cover the screw holes - this serves to help hold the ipod more solidly in place.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:11 PM
brente2
Track Day

Originally Posted by brente2
oops - I should've read the doc that Rick linked to a couple of posts above. It looks like the manual tells you to put the CD changer first, but the updated doc that Rick posted says that the Dension unit MUST be before the CD Changer. so, it looks like the CD changer can stay installed... I'll try this tomorrow.
Just as a follow-up, the CD changer DOES work fine if installed AFTER the Dension unit as described in the addendum document. You can switch between the Dension and the CD changer through the mode switch.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:14 PM
ukchris
Track Day

Here's my contribution. I reinstalled from scratch today and it took less than fifteen minutes, I took pictures and compiled them in to a PDF, hopefully this will help reassure people that this thing can be installed easily without any great technical know-how.

Download the PDF here: http://www.radarrack.com/boxster.html

Chris.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:26 PM
rickhuizinga
Advanced

Originally Posted by ukchris
Here's my contribution. I reinstalled from scratch today and it took less than fifteen minutes, I took pictures and compiled them in to a PDF, hopefully this will help reassure people that this thing can be installed easily without any great technical know-how.

Download the PDF here: http://www.radarrack.com/boxster.html

Chris.
Good work! Its great to have the entire installation process illustrated in a single document.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:23 PM
hamilton
Instructor

I have a CD-R23 WITHOUT a CD changer and tried to have the Denison unit installed today. The Denison box powers up and the iPod recognizes it but the head unit doesn't see the Denison box. I called a Porsche service department and they told me that if I don't have a CD changer already installed, I need to bring my car in to have the computer reprogrammed to recognize the Denison. Does anyone know if there is some way I can do this myself?

Thanks,

Grant
Old 02-03-2007, 11:17 PM
tetzlafh
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by hamilton
I have a CD-R23 WITHOUT a CD changer and tried to have the Denison unit installed today. The Denison box powers up and the iPod recognizes it but the head unit doesn't see the Denison box. I called a Porsche service department and they told me that if I don't have a CD changer already installed, I need to bring my car in to have the computer reprogrammed to recognize the Denison. Does anyone know if there is some way I can do this myself?

Thanks,

Grant
No. Follow the link to the .pdf above for the specifics. Porsche Tester required to "unlock" the cd changer feature.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:42 PM
hamilton
Instructor

thanks for the info.
Old 02-04-2007, 10:21 AM
svinaik
Advanced

Hi..

Is there any issue with the PDF document. When I down loaded, text come out garbled though text in the pictures is good. Could it be a Mac vs PC issue. I am using Mac.

Thanks
Old 02-04-2007, 10:24 AM
hamilton
Instructor

I have a Mac and the PDF worked for me...(?)
Old 02-04-2007, 11:30 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The most system is plug and play for a changer only the dealer can fix with piwis
Old 02-04-2007, 12:36 PM
rickhuizinga
Advanced

Originally Posted by mudman2
The most system is plug and play for a changer only the dealer can fix with piwis
A PCM head unit will auto detect a new CD changer. The CDR23/24 headunits require recoding by a PIWIS system to recognize a newly installed CD changer or Gateway 500.

Rick

Quick Reply: Dension Gateway 500 iPod Adapter Arrived Today