Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Would You Pay for a Porsche Driving Experience Ticket?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 08:22 PM
Rasta
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Would You Pay for a Porsche Driving Experience Ticket?

A friend of mine received 1 pass for the $2,995 2-day Porsche Driving Experience when he bought his car. He is undecided on whether to spend the extra money for a second ticket (so that he and his wife can go), or sell the existing ticket. He is not a passionate about PDE, so he is relatively indifferent between the two options.

If he decides to sell, what would be an attractive price?? Again, the pass is priced at $2,995 and is open-ended - no restrictions on date, nor does it expire. He has indicated it is fully transferable.

If there is serious interest, please indicate online or PM me a price, and I can relay this back to him. You don't need to send any money until you speak with him, review the ticket and are completely satisfied. He himself has not made up his mind on what he wants to do - he just asked me to get a feel for what people would pay, which is why I post.

The 2-day course description is noted below:

Performance - (Two-Day High Performance Driving Course): $2,995

Designed for those who enjoy driving and want to experience the essence of Porsche automobiles. The Two-Day program begins with a brief classroom session discussing vehicle dynamics and the driving line. Participants are then transferred to the track and begin a series of rotations through the Skid Pad, Performance Driving Techniques, Autocross and track sessions. The first afternoon is spent learning the proper driving line, mastering some of the many technical corners of the track and sharpening basic skills during a timed Autocross and Cornering Drill. The morning of day two is dedicated to heel and toe downshifting, competing in the Michelin Autocross Challenge and track sessions. Skills are continually refined with track sessions in the afternoon and the Cayenne off-road course.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:46 PM
lawjdc
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too bad its not for the Masters course.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:51 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Rasta
A friend of mine received 1 pass for the $2,995 2-day Porsche Driving Experience when he bought his car. He is undecided on whether to spend the extra money for a second ticket (so that he and his wife can go), or sell the existing ticket. He is not a passionate about PDE, so he is relatively indifferent between the two options.

If he decides to sell, what would be an attractive price?? Again, the pass is priced at $2,995 and is open-ended - no restrictions on date, nor does it expire. He has indicated it is fully transferable.

If there is serious interest, please indicate online or PM me a price, and I can relay this back to him. You don't need to send any money until you speak with him, review the ticket and are completely satisfied. He himself has not made up his mind on what he wants to do - he just asked me to get a feel for what people would pay, which is why I post.

The 2-day course description is noted below:
See 8/28 post from turkish_eybrow - his sold for $2,000

Hi fellow Rennlisters.

I am not sure where to post this, but here it goes. My wife got me a 2 day PDE (High Performance Driving Course) last Christmas. We had our little bambino before I was able to go. With the little guy here, it does not look like I am going to be able to go anytime in the near future.

Thus, I would like to sell the gift certificate for $2000.00 (cost was $2,845.00). The current price for the 2 day PDE is $2,995. If the certificate is used before December 5, 2006, you will not have to pay anything extra. After December 5, 2006, you will have to pay the difference between the cost of the certificate($2,845.00) and the current price.

I am sorry of this is the wrong place to post this, but I figured that someone could take advantage of me not being able to go.

Best,

Oz
Old 09-06-2006, 08:58 PM
Rasta
Racer

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
See 8/28 post from turkish_eybrow - his sold for $2,000

Hi fellow Rennlisters.

I am not sure where to post this, but here it goes. My wife got me a 2 day PDE (High Performance Driving Course) last Christmas. We had our little bambino before I was able to go. With the little guy here, it does not look like I am going to be able to go anytime in the near future.

Thus, I would like to sell the gift certificate for $2000.00 (cost was $2,845.00). The current price for the 2 day PDE is $2,995. If the certificate is used before December 5, 2006, you will not have to pay anything extra. After December 5, 2006, you will have to pay the difference between the cost of the certificate($2,845.00) and the current price.

I am sorry of this is the wrong place to post this, but I figured that someone could take advantage of me not being able to go.

Best,

Oz

The only thing that I need to ask my friend to clarify is how open-ended the ticket is. It seems in the example provided, that the ticket is open-ended to a point (Dec '06), after which you can still use the ticket, but need to pay the difference in price.

I think my friend did specify that his ticket was priced at $2,995, so at the least the ticket price seems to be in sync with the current price for the driving experience.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:59 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

He is foolish Not to attend...he would have the time of his life and be glad that he attended.

$2,000 would be a reasonable amount for the certificate.

From the PDE website:
Gift Certificates are valid for a whole year, so the excited recipient can choose a time that is convenient for the experience that lasts a lifetime!
From the certificate order form:
Please note:
Gift Certificates are payable in full and valid for one year from the date of purchase.
When did the get it and how much time is remaining till the one year expiration occurs???

Originally Posted by lawjdc
Too bad its not for the Masters course.
You could credit the amount towards Masters amount and pay the differance!!

Certificates can be purchased in $$ amounts

Old 09-07-2006, 12:29 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Your friend should go and take his wife.

Why?

They will have such a great time that it will make positioning for the next Porsche a breeze.

My wife wanted her own car after she attended.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:37 AM
ChipAZ
Pro

Where is this, New York?
Old 09-07-2006, 12:41 AM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

rasta,
i actually paid $1950 for turk's high perfomance 2 day gift cert.
i will get with pde tomorrow and if they will transfer the face amount of
the high perf. pde to masters then i will gladly pay the same amount
for your buddys gift cert. if he decides not to attend.
edit: just noticed mjones posted that they would transfer credit.
so i will purchase gift. cert. for $1950 if your buddy decides he
doesnt want to attend.
jeff
Old 09-07-2006, 01:26 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

And go in October?
Old 09-07-2006, 04:50 AM
akif
Advanced

Originally Posted by icon
rasta,
i actually paid $1950 for turk's high perfomance 2 day gift cert.
i will get with pde tomorrow and if they will transfer the face amount of
the high perf. pde to masters then i will gladly pay the same amount
for your buddys gift cert. if he decides not to attend.
edit: just noticed mjones posted that they would transfer credit.
so i will purchase gift. cert. for $1950 if your buddy decides he
doesnt want to attend.
jeff
Come on Jeff, let some one else play as well

Rasta, if Jeff is nice enough to pass on these tickets, I'll pay $1950-2000 for these tickets as well.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:26 AM
Rasta
Racer

Thanks guys. I appreciate all the input and will pass this on. To the extent my friend is interested in selling (and he said he would make up his mind by early next week), I will be obliged to honor same-price offers on a first-come first-served basis.

Best.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:28 AM
Rasta
Racer

Originally Posted by ChipAZ
Where is this, New York?
No Chip, this is at the Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham, AL.

http://www.porschedriving.com/abouttracklocation.htm
Old 09-07-2006, 11:06 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Let's see...you buy a car for $100K and then pay 3K on top for a two day course that doubles as additional marketing for them.

Great!!!...

Don't get undies in a knot here fellas, I know some here are literally Marketing Departments for it so no need to get all angry because someone has another opinion. But it sounds like the proverbial "cherry on top" for Porsche. It should be included gratis IMHO.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:13 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

The BMW M5 school was gratis, and it was very enjoyable...but not as detailed or in the same league as the PDE.

So the moral might be "you get what you pay for".

Just another opinion, based upon my experience and participation.

Quick Reply: What Would You Pay for a Porsche Driving Experience Ticket?