Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iPod Integration (Nav TV unit) Pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 03:00 PM
drex
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ps hit and hold cd#6 and it will switch to AUX in...

-d
Old 09-18-2006, 04:48 PM
gmaier
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rshanholtz
I spoke with Moni at Nav-Tv yesterday. They were able to replicate the first issue (display not switching song display on main menu) I am having and will work on the remaining issue (no display within INFO/CD INFO) Monday when they have a test 997. I want to reiterate how well Nav-Tv responds to issues. Great outfit. Although I have been waiting a while for them to figue out a back-up camera solution and removing the lockout of navigation functions if the car is moving for my father's 2006 Cadillac DTS. I wanted him to get the A8L, his bank account dictacted otherwise.

I hope to have good news from Nav-Tv early next week for the two small remaining bugs for my 06' C2S Cab.
Any updates on this? Were your remaining display problems fixed?
Old 09-18-2006, 05:28 PM
W211
Racer

Originally Posted by drex
the power cable has two rca inputs (L and R) (white and red) which can be connected to any low level output device.....

ask your installer....

where did they place the 'end' of your ipod adapter?

mine is in the area under the armrest.

people should note that the ipod controls become inactive when the OPIP is on; no need to display your IPOD (nor does the Ipod display what it is doing -- it displays the 'Nav-TV' logo!) and it is charged while hooked up.

working on the manual and video step by step install.. its an easy DIY for even someone with modest skills.......
My installer put the iPod in the glove compartment as that's where I wanted it. I think the system is perfect to recycle an older iPod as it's hidden away and you don't feel sad looking at the b/w screens.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:53 PM
rshanholtz
Rennlist Member

Received 167 Likes on 67 Posts

No update since my last update GMAIER. Issue #1- when system advances to the next song, the display continues to show the first song in playlist/album/etc. NavTv was able to replicate the problem and correct it. Issue #2- no display within INFO/CD INFO. NavTv as of last week was still trying to get a 997 into their shop in FL. NavTv asked if I wanted a unit with issue #1 corrected while waiting on issue #2 to be resolved. I declined and decided to wait until both issues were resolved as my unit works flawlessly in all other aspects. I hope to hear from NavTv this week with good news.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:47 PM
W211
Racer

My NavTV was shipped to me on Sep 6th. Song titles correctly displayed when advanced to next song, and properly shown on Info/CD screen.

My problem is that sometimes, PCM does not recognize iPod and I have to turn PCM on and off several times before it communicates with iPod. This only happens when I first start the car. When going, no such problem.

My car is fully loaded except the log book and extended navigation. My specification is as follows:

mp3 CD in single dash player
40 gig G3 iPod
SIM card in telephone

I haven't figured out the shut down and reboot sequence to make the PCM recognize the iPod.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:52 PM
rshanholtz
Rennlist Member

Do you have SAT Radio installed? I have SAT radio which may explain my INFO/CD INFO display issue. I no longer have the wake-up issue. I thought that issue was corrected by NavTv. Mine wakes up 90+% of the time. When it does not, I simply unplug and re-plug the iPod unit.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:28 PM
W211
Racer

I do not have SAT. When mine doesn't wake up, unplugging doesn't do the job it appeals I have to turn PCM on and off (while playing difference sources or with different screens) to make it talk to the iPod. Rebooting the iPod doesn't seem to help either.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:36 PM
rshanholtz
Rennlist Member

I would call NavTv as it sounds like you need your OPiP reprogrammed.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:05 PM
W211
Racer

I'll probably wait a little while to ensure all bugs have been worked out before the upgrade! Right now, it's still very decent and I'm relatively happy.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:57 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

The above saga is clearly the reason Dension is waiting for release. They are in round four of testing as of last week. Each round of testing surfaces new issues, and they'd much rather have a bug-free product, even late to the party, than deal with constant nagging problems requiring pulling the unit for bug-fix.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 09-19-2006, 09:00 PM
rshanholtz
Rennlist Member

While I agree that for the masses, this may be a good approach. But for those special few that wanted this product last year, a few meaningless bugs such as the two I have, in no way deminish the functionality I am currently enjoying. This is my opinion, I could be wrong.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:59 AM
W211
Racer

I somehow doubt manufacturers can really come up with a bug proo iPodf interface. Even the tried and proven Ice-link from Dension in my Audi was a little buggy. I hope they'll improve on the 997 unit.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:42 AM
drex
Track Day

my unit seems to be working almost flawlessly... although the buffer problem rading long playlists occurs...

still, this thing rocks, and mcuh better than $1000 for a CD changer...
Old 09-24-2006, 12:14 PM
MHK
Instructor

The buffer seems to create several limitations with Ipod connectivity. Particularly while using Random playback. I would imagine there is probably nothing that can be done given the limitations designed into the PCM.

Random seems to work when I have a small playlist loaded (10 to 20 songs), Random is inconsistent when I have larger playlists (say 20 to 99) and anything above 99, it keeps changing the song being played. Since the PCM was not initially designed to handle the Ipods, and Moni and his team have been able to engineer a solution, this is probably the best that it will get when playing on Random. I will talk with Moni during the week and see what they think.

Given the sophistication of MOST, and the fact that Moni and his team have been able to crack the MOST code (whom I met last week when he tested the revised system with the fix for the "Info" issue), Porsche NA should engaged these guys and work with them to develop a total solution (including a proper Satellite radio solution). They are definitely on top of the ball and know what they are doing.

My office is a few miles away from NavTV. I am happy to give them my car to test out the Random issue and see if there is a solution that can be developed.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:11 PM
gmaier
Intermediate

MHK - As you appear to have a similarly optioned car as rshanholtz, including Sirius and the telephone module, have you experienced either of the recent issues, as reported, below? I am waiting for the resolution of these last remaining bugs, before I go ahead and get a unit.

Originally Posted by rshanholtz
Issue #1- when system advances to the next song, the display continues to show the first song in playlist/album/etc. NavTv was able to replicate the problem and correct it. Issue #2- no display within INFO/CD INFO.

Quick Reply: iPod Integration (Nav TV unit) Pics