Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Owner's Take on the Z06 ...

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 07:49 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche Owner's Take on the Z06 ...

I don't own a Z06, but do think it is a very nice car and wouldn't mind having one next to my 997TT. I have been lurking over on the Corvette forum and reading all the good, bad and ugly goings on over there, then this poor soul decided to start this thread, and if you read far enough into it, you'll see that Rennlist made the news in the thread!

I am not one who "crashes" other forums, I usually stay with my own. If I am on the 997TT forum, I try hard to stick to the 997TT discussions and not stray.

The Z06 group is passionate and that's good. But this thread takes a pretty nasty direction:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1479650

I had trouble with the link, but it will be worth the read to copy and paste it, sorry.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:02 PM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Received 263 Likes on 142 Posts

Oh no, here we go again. Everyone's going to think a Vette owner put you up to this...
Old 08-23-2006, 08:14 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 477 Likes on 241 Posts

I just read through that thread. It's reassuring to see that their forum has a problem with boisterous users as well,...so it's not just Rennlist!
Some of these debates just kill me. I'm glad I fit into the more 'benign' side of the car nut category.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:16 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SilverSteel
Oh no, here we go again. Everyone's going to think a Vette owner put you up to this...
Goshsakes no, no Da dawg would never do that to you...
Old 08-23-2006, 08:17 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Coochas
I just read through that thread. It's reassuring to see that their forum has a problem with boisterous users as well,...so it's not just Rennlist!
Some of these debates just kill me. I'm glad I fit into the more 'benign' side of the car nut category.
These forums often bring the best out of just plain folk.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:33 AM
Arkay
Rennlist Member

For me, the Z06 is a pretty interesting proposition, but personally would *probably* never consider one; I say probably because I make it a personal principal to never say never.

What's not to like? 505 bhp from 7.0 litres coupled with 14 and 13.4 inch brakes with six and four piston calipers front and rear respectively. Sounds like pretty awesome specs.

Yes, there will be those who will argue its pedigree isn't as great as 911s, but I wonder why? Corvette is a moniker that has been around even longer than the 911 model (when it was the 356 in fact!) and they are pretty impressive over the past many seasons in international GT racing.

I think the Z06 is a pretty neat argument for what can go right with domestic automotive engineering when the will is there.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:44 AM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

rkao, great post. The folks on the Z06 thread should take some posting tips from you on how to nicely and diplomatically make a point.

After reading the thread over there a few minutes ago, Rennlist is very civilized. That thread should probably have been locked down awhile ago, yet its still going strong and continues to get uglier by the minute.

How sad.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:48 AM
kauai_diver
Straight to Video
Rennlist Member

hmm i get an invalid url, maybe the mods shut it down already.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:03 AM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

I posted the same thing over in the 997TT forum and Moogle fixed the link...you might try a copy and paste in your address field...sorry about that!
Old 08-24-2006, 02:22 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,860 Likes on 2,397 Posts

you know some ppl take this car thing way too seriously. we are all pretty lucky to be able to afford to drive porsches of any kind, corevetts, vipers, ferrari etc etc. which is the BEST. does it REALLY matter? buy what makes you feel happy. if i had the funds, i would get a few z06 just to really understand what american muscle is all about, i was born in 69, so never experienced the muscle car era.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:35 PM
timnitti
Intermediate

I can understand why people take their cars so seriously. However, what I can never understand is why people take the opinions that others have about their cars so seriously. Why should I care what somebody else thinks about the car I happen to like? And why do these discussions always seem to degenerate into name calling and personal attacks? Clearly there are many folks out there who simply need to get a real life and focus on more important things.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:34 PM
007 911
AutoX

I never can understand why people argue about such things as though they are going to change someone's mind. Anyone think any Z06 owner is going to suddenly say "yep you're right my Z06 is inferior because the interior sucks?" Of course not it would absurd just as it is absrud to say the X06 is not complete because the inerior sucks. I think for the most part by today's standards the 911 is severely underpowered. Does that make my ownership of it degraded because a Z06 can run circles around my little C2? Nope. I love it depsite the things I see wrong with it just as those guys love their Z06 depsite some worts. I wouldn't argue with them or try and change their opinion of their cars. There is not point. It is a great car. I think my 911 is a great car. I do not care what argument anyone makes about either. It won't change my mind.

Quick Reply: Porsche Owner's Take on the Z06 ...