Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

first ticket in the 997s

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 11:31 PM
rdstemler
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gandy Bridge is probably the best place to go fast in the bay area!
Old 07-04-2006, 11:54 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 64 Posts

What an eventful day this was. I almost got my first ticket as well. Hey it was the 4th of July and I thought what a time to go for a drive this morning. After traveling throught the hills of Litchfield County to visit a friend I was going home on Rt 84 cruising between 80 and 90. Just enjoying the car. My K-40 had already provided one warning on Rt. 7 that was a state trooper who already had pulled someone over. But if I didn't have my Laser Defuser I'm sure a ticket would have been at hand. I came over the hill moving pretty fast and the laser went off. A state trooper was way down the road, shooting up at the hill between exit 10 and 11 as the cars came down towards him. My laser defuser had to interupt his signal. Because by now I was down to 60 and he kept the gun on me as I went past him. He was probably wondering what was wrong with his gun. He never moved and I didn't even have the heart to look at him as I went by. If I did I thought he might pull be over just for spite. I'm sure he had to realize that I had a little something extra. Chalk one up for the K-40, it was concealed and did its job. I'm sure one of these days I won't be so lucky. But a word to the wise. Don't do triple digits on holidays. You're asking for trouble.

Jay
Old 07-05-2006, 12:19 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Score another one for K-40! Where on Rt 7 were you at? I assume the extension between Bethel and New Milford? Or prior to getting on to RT7?

I've seen a few sneeky ones out today as well! The best was the trooper in a State of CT pickup (orange trucks) on the Merritt by Rt 25 ramps. By the time you got close, you're tagged and several chase cars were ahead below and past the bridge. Now THAT was sneeky! They are getting creative!

At least you know the K-40 worked! BTW, where did Randy put your warning lights? They did my K-40 lights on the two leather areas below the tach, not the greatest place and want them moved to between the top of the tach. Where my steering wheel is now, you can't see them clearly. But at least I hear the voice and beep warnings.

Glad to hear you got home w/o getting the ticket!

Regards,
Deanski
Old 07-05-2006, 01:10 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

My son, who is an MP (Fort Lewis area), says by the time your radar shows, they already have you..and I have no reason to disblieve him.

The radar will only show if they are active in an area, but if you are their specific target, too late! However, they use laser and you have no practical protection.

You can play legal games (like OJ, and sometimes win) but in the end, for the greater masses your goose is cooked.

that said, I got my first ticket in 16 years (aircraft)..in a rented Cadillac. Oh the injustice!
Old 07-05-2006, 03:34 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 135 Posts

...I was doing 160 something the other day...oh yea,--and it was all legal on the autobahn!

Dan
Old 07-05-2006, 12:08 PM
CJC
Instructor

robbonds,
Sorry to hear about your ticket. The big one you got away with was the reckless him issuing a warning was the real break. I think in Florida, reckless is one step away from driving under the influence.
Went to Naples and back yesterday on 75 fortunately no incidents upper double digits there and back did see one vehicle pulled over by an unmarked (yep you got it) white pick-up truck. My office is in Hallandale Florida and the local law enforcement here has just added 2 Dodge Ram unmarked pick-ups 1 silver and 1 black, both with tinted windows and chromed wheels. Sounds like a trend.
On high speed lane changes you probably know our cars are equipped with a one touch turn signal function. Right around 100 mph it works perfectly. One tap to go out in the fast lane one tap to come back in after your pass. Once you get used to it, it becomes 2nd nature. Changing lanes without signaling is a real attention getter in many cases it gets the ball rolling. If you didn't see a dash cam Ticket Clinic may be the way to go with this one.
Good Luck

Craig
Old 07-05-2006, 02:12 PM
Cayenne Austin
Instructor

Originally Posted by SilverSteel
... Unmarked pick-up--good one.
Best/most unlikely police unit I have seen (used to sell to State Police forces nationwide) was a Nevada State Patrol aggressive driver "bait" truck. Ford Lightning with blacked-out windows, lowered, and 22" inch wheels. The troopers who drive it said the first time they took it out, they got a challenge to race (from a ricer) two blocks from the station.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:41 PM
MMD
Banned

Originally Posted by Cayenne Austin
Best/most unlikely police unit I have seen (used to sell to State Police forces nationwide) was a Nevada State Patrol aggressive driver "bait" truck.
Aw sheeeeeeet! Now I gotta worry about stuff like this? I'm not an aggressive driver -just a plain old open road "safe" speeder- but sooner or later, "bait trucks" like this type of SOB thing is gonna get all of us.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:16 PM
Cayenne Austin
Instructor

Originally Posted by MMD
Aw sheeeeeeet! Now I gotta worry about stuff like this? I'm not an aggressive driver -just a plain old open road "safe" speeder- but sooner or later, "bait trucks" like this type of SOB thing is gonna get all of us.
Yep- they are hard to spot. Vary in appearance. Here in Austin they are standard issue Police Interceptors Crown Vics with no markings and blacked out windows. Black, dark blue, and red.

My wife got nailed by one here in Austin while driving the Cayenne. She had been doing close to 100 on I-35, and had slowed down to 80 or so. Cop said he had to absolutely haul a$$ to catch her.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:09 PM
dstrimbu
Burning Brakes

Even the fully dressed out cars are becoming hard to spot. The newest light bars from Whelen, et al are very low profile and hard as heck to see in oncoming traffic...

Valentine One forever! <g>
Old 07-05-2006, 05:50 PM
pl
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

u taped?
so when can we see u on cop tv?
Old 07-06-2006, 11:41 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 64 Posts

Deanski, yes it was between New Milford and Bethel on Rt. 7. Be careful in this area.

Jay
Old 07-06-2006, 11:55 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Hey Rob, also watch out for unmarked Dodge Chargers out on I-75. Also unmarked Mercury Marauders, Ford Epeditions and Explorers. The Dodge Chragers even have after market chrome wheels and tinted glass...they look like a regular car!

Quick Reply: first ticket in the 997s