Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Tiptronic owners having problems getting the key out of the ignition?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 03:45 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts
Default Any Tiptronic owners having problems getting the key out of the ignition?

Any of you that follow my posts know of my frustration with the Tiptronic transmission...both its function and reliability.

Now, with increased frequency it's refusing to let the key out of the ignition, stating the transmission must be in 'park' on the tach info screen...even though the car is securely in 'park'. Starting the car, shifting out of 'park', then shifting back takes care of it...but it's getting annoying. Anybody else experiencing this? If so, was there a diagnosis?
Old 06-05-2006, 05:58 PM
Eggplant Cab
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problem like that. The only intermittent thing I have right now is the PCM resetting to factory defaults for NAV everytime I leave it alone for a few days. Thought it was my wife's and I using different keys so settings change but it's just screwy sometimes.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:18 AM
boolala
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The button on the shifter that must be depressed to change gears is broken. That's the cause of your problem. Had mine replaced.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:15 AM
AS
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

there's a microswitch within tip gear-lever that's casuing this problem (once it overheats). get yr dealer to replace the mechanism beneath the gear lever (which contains the faulty microswitches), it'll be fine after that.

btw, this is a warranty repair / yr OPC will probably have seen it before.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:49 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

Thanks...glad to hear this isn't uncommon...nothing makes me more crazy than a dealer unable/unwilling to repair a problem because they can't duplicate it.
Old 08-26-2018, 07:34 PM
randomhero
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alan,

where you able to fix this?

Quick Reply: Any Tiptronic owners having problems getting the key out of the ignition?