Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A fe w updated interior pics while I was gone....

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 01:55 AM
black/terra
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A fe w updated interior pics while I was gone....

not withstanding Eric @ bumperplgs finishing touches....

THESE ARE NO PHOTOSHOPPED< THESE ARE REAL!
Attached Images    
Old 06-01-2006, 03:05 AM
Tracym
Advanced

As long as it makes YOU happy! Not my cup o tea but it's definately unique.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:15 AM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

boot looks fine but the red panel/plastic piece on the door doesn't look right (to me). Actually, I think you need to add another red piece somewhere.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:29 AM
black/terra
Racer

Default truly

theres just enough red.

Any more and it would start to look a bit Miami Vice.

the only other thing I would consider would be the gauges but I cant seem to get any info on what a swap would be.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:36 AM
Queram
Instructor

Originally Posted by black/terra
theres just enough red.

Any more and it would start to look a bit Miami Vice.

the only other thing I would consider would be the gauges but I cant seem to get any info on what a swap would be.

I also think that you need more red somewhere. I am oriented to BMWs interior. I had an imola interior M3. You just need one more touch but I can not really tell maybe the storage covers on the doors.

BTW, is it the pics or the red is really bright? I would go with a darker red shade but maybe it is just the pics. As long as it makes you happy
Old 06-01-2006, 01:00 PM
black/terra
Racer

Default I took those pics at night

and the flash was on, but yes the red is bright, I was told very close to guards by E-Plug (now known as to keep us from always having to type "ERIC @ BUMPERPLUGS.COM").

I matched it locally to Torch red. I think its the same as GM Vette red interior.

I also owned a BMW Imola red interiored M3 and yes its hauntingly beautiful, in fact it was the complete reason I took on this project. I passed on terra cotta inteiored cars and chose an all black for the sole purpose of getting red seating like my Beamer had.

impla red is a blood red and a very nice compliment to a otherwise black interior. I had apprehensioins of going with a bright red but it was the red Recaro offered, They had a burgundy but it seemed a little too luxury and less sporty. Too much blue in it. Too maroon.

Ultimateley i chose the true red because of the nature of a Porsche, I didnt think "racey" would look out of place as much a rich/luxurious burgundy would.

It was a tough decision but truly this car looks good in person, I'll show it at the "Bay Area Drive" and get some other opinions and relay them honestly.

In terms of "more red", hmm I think you have to see hte car in person. The cabin is tiny. The red seats are "in your face" and the shift boot is "in your lap". As you said the red is indeed intense so when you sit in the car you can beleive you see hte red. I guess its hard to tell over pics but I think you'd agree that more red may indeed be over the top.

As I said, no mod is for everyone, it has to be for you.

Last edited by black/terra; 06-01-2006 at 01:19 PM.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:22 PM
black/terra
Racer

Default its not as "unique" as Porsche would have done themselves.....

Originally Posted by Tracym
As long as it makes YOU happy! Not my cup o tea but it's definately unique.
At a $5500 upcharge at least!

Look here....
Attached Images    
Old 06-01-2006, 03:20 PM
CleanSlate
Instructor

Originally Posted by THPorsche
boot looks fine but the red panel/plastic piece on the door doesn't look right (to me). Actually, I think you need to add another red piece somewhere.

Agreed. I think a nice red leather door panel armrest would finish it off.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:27 PM
black/terra
Racer

Default you think red leather armrest or...

should I do aluma armrest?

My thought was to keep the red up high on the door so it doesnt "conflict" with the bold red seat.

i could agree that the door needs some balance toward the rear but my thought was aluma to match the handle. Red may look fragmented if its just the pad, like OEM porsche seems to do a lot, as seen here...

This door panel looks as if it had no forethought. There is no reason that strip above the flat main panel should be red, it's not a continuous line. the handle should undoubtedly be aluma to accent the pull and to contrast the red behind it. I'm not even going to get into how bad the vents look in red on the dash and how the console needs to be black to separate the red seats...but...All wrong....
Attached Images  
Old 06-01-2006, 06:06 PM
rcg412
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 81 Posts

I think it looks horrible, the red is too red, and the seats look like something out of an Advance Auto parts catalog.

Look how classy and refined the 996 and 997 factory interiors look (Kudos to the boxster ). Even the red and aluminum looks very classy. Any reason you didnt get red when you bought the car? And whats up with the 6" side bolsters on the bottom of the seat?
Old 06-02-2006, 12:22 AM
Weasel
Track Day

Talking

New Yorkers!
Old 06-02-2006, 02:59 AM
Queram
Instructor

Originally Posted by rcg412
I think it looks horrible, the red is too red, and the seats look like something out of an Advance Auto parts catalog.

Look how classy and refined the 996 and 997 factory interiors look (Kudos to the boxster ). Even the red and aluminum looks very classy. Any reason you didnt get red when you bought the car? And whats up with the 6" side bolsters on the bottom of the seat?
Actually I would never ever get a factory red interior Porsche after seing the pictures here. They just make everything red which looks absurd. Of course this is my personal opinon. It is also a funny thing that you have to pay to delete some red panels in a red interior.
Old 06-02-2006, 03:03 AM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

I dunno, I like it just how it is
maybe true red guages might work.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:11 PM
k.a.
Advanced

I like the look a lot!
Old 06-02-2006, 08:25 PM
ohsixx
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Corvette with red interior. The car is Silver w/black convertible top. It gets lots of looks!

Quick Reply: A fe w updated interior pics while I was gone....