Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Loaner Car When You Take Your Car For Service?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 04:33 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's not the bay area but... Niello in Sacramento has always had a Cayenne loaner when I go in. The dealer closest to me offers Enterprise rental stuff... usually a truck. You know, little half sized pickups with a well smoked in interior and McDonald's vanilla shake exploded on the seats... nice.

That's why I drive the 200 miles RT to go to Niello.
Old 03-31-2006, 04:36 PM
Stephenkng
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is only 100 miles from the Bay Areas. I guess I should consider to drive up for service as well. You drive 200 miles each way for service?????
Old 03-31-2006, 04:36 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by BiggerTwin
My Porsche dealer is also a VW/Audi dealer and they give me loaners during the warranty period. They are usually slightly beat Audis or VWs. My BMW dealer is part of the same network and has a nice fleet of new BMWs they use for loaners. BMW apparently has some program to encourage this kind of customer service. I know of a few Porsche dealers that give Porsches for loaners in the NYC area.

Alan
It all depends on the dealer. My wife used to have a 3 series and one dealer (closer to our home 10 miles) would only provide a coupon for a economy car from Enterprise. The other dealer which is 30 miles away gave us a Z3 or a 3 series if we wanted.
Old 03-31-2006, 04:44 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JohnnyNarcosis
It's not the bay area but... Niello in Sacramento has always had a Cayenne loaner when I go in. The dealer closest to me offers Enterprise rental stuff... usually a truck. You know, little half sized pickups with a well smoked in interior and McDonald's vanilla shake exploded on the seats... nice.

That's why I drive the 200 miles RT to go to Niello.
is that mean you put 400miles on that loaner?
Old 03-31-2006, 04:55 PM
MMD
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is all hard to figure out. I "know" they charge Porsche for the use of their cars while warrenty service is given, so it would be no loss to them to loan you an Cayenne (they just charge Porsche for it). BUT you might get a Jeep and they charge Porsche for one of their Cayennes? Some bigger dealerships will only give you an Enterprise rental POS! I think it's RARE that you give up your Carerra for warrenty work and you get a Carrera or a Boxster as a loaner.

It's a sad state of affairs when you have to demand or BEG for a decent car when yours creates an INCONVENIENCE for you by breaking down and requiring warrenty service.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:21 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by THPorsche
is that mean you put 400miles on that loaner?
Half that. Just 200 with a trip home and trip back. Had the thing for a week though I drive it only for those 200 miles. I appreciate the Cayenne loaner but I'd drive the Cayenne S any day.

Originally Posted by Stephenking
s only 100 miles from the Bay Areas. I guess I should consider to drive up for service as well. You drive 200 miles each way for service?????
Sorry, I often use abbreviations that make no sense to anyone but me. RT was meant to be short for Round Trip. But, honestly, it's a good 120 one way to Niello in Rocklin and it's still worth it. The facility is incredible.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:48 PM
djantlive
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stephenkng
It is only 100 miles from the Bay Areas. I guess I should consider to drive up for service as well. You drive 200 miles each way for service?????
Where did you go? Is it Rector or Fremont?

I've went to Carlsen and Stevens Creek. Both give rental cars (Carlsen's is better since it's Avis) when car is under warranty. Carlsen gave me a Cayenne once as a loaner. They have limited loaner so schedule it in advance.

If yours is out of warranty, you should ask for a loane. But, if it's something like an oil change only, you may not get it. Just ask the SA for it.

If car is under warranty, you are entitled to get a rental car at least. Dealer bills PCNA for it.
Old 03-31-2006, 06:01 PM
chbj
Advanced

I don't even know any dealer in the Bay Area will offer a loaner when you bring your car in for service. Under warrenty or not. If any one knowany dealer will do a loaner, please let us know.

Carlsen Porsche in Redwood City has always given me either a Boxster, Cayenne or Avis rental at their cost when I brought my wife's Cayenne in for service.

Last edited by chbj; 03-31-2006 at 06:33 PM.
Old 03-31-2006, 06:44 PM
Stephenkng
Racer

Oh, I did not know. Mine only have 1,300 miles on it and I have not brought it back yet. As for Carlson or Steven Creeks, any word/comment on their service. Actually, I got mine from Steven Creeks. But as for servcie, I don't know. I live in SF and it is a liitle far from me. If they are really good, I really don't mind the driving. I heard Sonnon in Mill Valley is pretty good.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:20 PM
Eggplant Cab
Pro

My sales has been pretty good. I always call him to book the appt. And there's always a loaner car available if I want it. Last time I got an old boxster and because they are also an Audi/MB dealer, sometimes I get an Audi or MB. They did put me in an Enterprise car once. They knew not to do that again after the look my wife gave them on giving a compact car. I was happy to take it.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:24 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Oh, I did not know. Mine only have 1,300 miles on it and I have not brought it back yet. As for Carlson or Steven Creeks, any word/comment on their service. Actually, I got mine from Steven Creeks. But as for servcie, I don't know. I live in SF and it is a liitle far from me. If they are really good, I really don't mind the driving. I heard Sonnon in Mill Valley is pretty good.
I got mine from Steven Creeks too and the Grand Prix loaner...they have moved to a new facility (5 blocks away) since my last visit in Dec.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:33 PM
djantlive
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like Carlsen better than Stevens Creek. Both are good but Carlsen is closer to me and better in service. The SA at Stevens Creek told me that creaks and rattles are normal. Yeah right!
Old 03-31-2006, 07:46 PM
raffi
Pro

I guess I was lucky, got a cayenne S 600mi for 2 days for the exhaust recall.
I was hoping to get a boxster...
Old 03-31-2006, 07:56 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Talk about a bunch of spoiled babies. My dealer gives me an enterprise rental which operates right there on premise so no inconvenience at all. And I don't give a damn what car they give me. At most it is for the same day or a couple days at most. How many of you are so worried about your image that you can't be caught dead in an econo rental for a couple days? Yes there are some dealers that have nice cars to dish out but if you prefer that, but how many of you checked out in advance of your purchase what their loaner fleet was and that was a deal breaker for you?

Most of the time I just have them shuttle me home and I drive one of my other cars until my car is ready.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:07 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LVDell
Talk about a bunch of spoiled babies. My dealer gives me an enterprise rental which operates right there on premise so no inconvenience at all. And I don't give a damn what car they give me. At most it is for the same day or a couple days at most. How many of you are so worried about your image that you can't be caught dead in an econo rental for a couple days? Yes there are some dealers that have nice cars to dish out but if you prefer that, but how many of you checked out in advance of your purchase what their loaner fleet was and that was a deal breaker for you?

Most of the time I just have them shuttle me home and I drive one of my other cars until my car is ready.
I do understand what you are saying and it really isn't a big deal especially I probably go there less than 5 times. But when you think about it, why should I get an "econo" loaner when someone gets a $40K loaner when we purchased the same product?

Quick Reply: Porsche Loaner Car When You Take Your Car For Service?