Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have Satellite Radio in my 997 C4S Cab!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 02:42 PM
ziege
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the link
Looks like a cool setup!

Originally Posted by damoncooper
Working great on 2006 C4 Cab 997 w/PCM Nav + Bose + CD Changer...

My experience and finished PCM pics on the 997 topic area on RennTech org site.

(I'm not allowed to post a URL here apparently, but goto the RennTech org site and drill inot the 997 Technical forum and see the topic titled "Thanks! Sirius Sat Radio + Integrated iPod + Passport SR7 Plus"

Damon

Last edited by ziege; 02-05-2007 at 07:41 PM.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ziege
Looking at the TSB for the cayenne it lists part # 955.044.900.63 for the sirius with cd changer. I have pcm with no nav and no cd. Posts seem to indicate that this is the one to buy. I jsut want to confirm that this is a 'kit' with all of the parts I will need before ordering.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
I show P/N: 955.044.900.36 Sirius (I No.QV8) Without CD Changer.

The ".63" is for one that has a 6-CD-Changer.

TIB: 12/05 9153

Regards,
Deanski
Old 07-27-2007, 10:06 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Default Error sign?

Updating the thread on Satellite installs via PCM.

Has anyone noticed or have the warning triangle when you check your PCM software?

As I was checking the PCM software, I noticed the Satellite having the warning sign on it. When I checked "Target" field was blank.

Anyone else have this? Have you all checked?

Just turn on the PCM, then hit Main and Trip at the same time and see if you have the icon.

Thanks guys!

Deanski
Old 07-27-2007, 11:46 AM
WalkerInTN
Burning Brakes

I haven't had the chance to check yet, as I just had the Sirius unit (p/n# 955.044.900.36) installed & activated in my GT3 yesterday. Works perfectly.

A big thanks to everyone in this thread for the inspiration.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:24 PM
kasendorf
Advanced

I actually have the warning symbol aon a number of items. Everything seems to work correctly so what does this symbol mean?
Old 07-27-2007, 03:49 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

My sat works fine although get quite a few drop-outs, but at least it works!

Don't know what the icon is for, but one day I'll have to ask the dealer.

I just wished they made a better antenna. Drop outs are a PITA, but then again, there's always the flat 6 to listen to.

Deanski
Old 12-11-2007, 03:46 PM
997C4CAB
Cruisin'

Can anyone recommend a local place to do the install in Los Angeles? I don't want to shlep all the way down to SD and pay $2000 for it.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:25 PM
KenS
AutoX

Default XM in 2997 C4S with only 1 problem...

I had a Phoenix custom installer put the Cayenne XM unit in.
Works great.
Only problem is occasionally (10%) of the time when you start the car the main module does not recognize the Sat mode. When this occurs the sat radio works but you cannot change stations. Only cure is to turn off car wait for reboot of system and re start. This usually takes 2-3 minutes and you only have to do it once.

If anyone has the same problem, and has a better fix, I would appreciate information.

I love the sat and have it from factory in Cayenne GTS. Aftermarket cost me 2K and even with the problem, I thinks its worth the $.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:15 PM
hjk3
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Factory XM

KenS,
I too had this problem about 1 in every 15 starts initially. It has to do with the order of devices on the MOST bus. When I added my Tooki for bluetooth it actually got worse until there was a Tooki update which added a delay in starting the phone module. This seemed to clear everything up for me such that I never have a startup problem at all.
You can speed up the restart process by taking the key out of the ignition and wait to hear a faint relay clunk from under the dash. In my CaymanS, it took almost exactly 20 seconds from the time I took the key out to the time the relay clicked and I could restart with everything working.

hjk3
Old 07-25-2009, 09:22 PM
dr90254
Instructor

I have an XM unit that came already installed on my Carrera when I bought it from the dealer. I didn't need it so had it removed. IF any of you are interested, I still have all the parts.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:41 AM
mambodoc
Pro

I'm not understanding all of the technical mumbo jumbo but need to ask...can the XM/CD6 unit from my 06 Cayenne be put into an 08 C4S by my dealer from whom I'm purchasing the C4S? Thanks!
Old 07-26-2009, 07:58 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mambodoc
I'm not understanding all of the technical mumbo jumbo but need to ask...can the XM/CD6 unit from my 06 Cayenne be put into an 08 C4S by my dealer from whom I'm purchasing the C4S? Thanks!
Yes, it CAN be done, but most dealers will not install it as Porsche never "approved" it, but if you have a very good relationship with the service manager and a little incentive, they may do it.

That's the same kit I had in my 06 C2S.

Only drawback is due to the location of the sat antenna. It gets drop outs more than normal sat antenna locations.

Now, with the 997-2 antenna on the top of the roof, back-end, I wondered if that can be installed. I can only imagine the amount of work to thread the cabling through the headliner, then cutting a hole, etc.

I just couldn't stand FM, so that's why I did the kit as I also didn't want an "outboard" tuner and wanted something through PCM.

Regards,
Deanski
Old 07-26-2009, 06:00 PM
mambodoc
Pro

Thats good news. I never thought that it was not available on a 977. I asked because I saw the thread and realized what was up. My Cayenne being a trade, I wanted to get the sat and disc player out of it just for drill, assuming all would be easy. I just saw an 07 C4S on a local lot...the disc player was enclosed in a plastic case of sorts, mounted in the front boot at the bottom of the wall of the passenger side. I suppose this plastic housing must accompany the installation to protect it...now in the passenger rear cubby of the Cayenne, there is no housing around it. I suspect porsche has the housing? I also hate the notion of technicians taking the car apart...silly I know but I like the thought of it being as the factory made it...not to be altered. Either way. I too want to continue XM, want a seemless integrated system and cannot understand why it was not offered in the first place, or the 977.1 have its own dedicated option to add on.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:57 PM
ramans
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

KenS I have the same problem with my unit, though in the winter it seems worse. It occasionally fails to startup , I've been thinking about buliding a little relay that delays the radio startup a bit to see if that helps because if when this occurs I stop get out and un-plug power to the radio then plug it in (with the motor still on) it fixes the issue.

My other problem is sometimes the system seems to startup and just doesn't quite work correctly, i.e. sometimes the drop outs are way worse than other times. Sometimes it's great until you hit major trees or overpasses but sometimes it starts up and it just cut's ina nd out sititng still. Really strange. I'm wondering the new 997 2009 model antennaes that are a buldge on the rear deck are compatible, has anyone researched that yet?

-R
Old 06-26-2010, 08:38 PM
Matyoka
Intermediate

Thumbs up

I guess a lot happened since this thread's last posting. The kits are now available again and somewhat cheaper in the hight $700 mark. I just got my 997tt and this will definetly be my first upgrade. I'd like to thank for all those who added their wisdom and knowledge to making this install easier for those owners like myself, who are hundreds of miles from Porsche dealers!!!!!

Quick Reply: I have Satellite Radio in my 997 C4S Cab!