Sponsored by:

Car Seat

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 11:31 AM
rome
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Seat

Anyone know which car seat (other than the Porsche car seat) will fit in the back of a 997?
Old 01-11-2006, 12:06 PM
texas911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hear Ben coming.
Old 01-11-2006, 12:35 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Nahhhh....This wasn't discussed all that much before, and it's been a while since it was. I vaguely recall a thread on the topic, and I suppose a search on "child seat" will turn it up.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:09 PM
USCHANDPOD
Racer

Default Bosster

Parkway with True Side Impact Protection by Britax $100.
This is a booster seat that works well for my 4 year old. It is on the britax website. Comes in all colors but the black and grey with red seat belt guide matches my B/B 997S with red calipers. Most importantly it seems solid and it is better than those phone book type boosters. It is very easy to put in and it fills the entire bucket.

My problem is finding a car seat for the 2 year old that goes in the back and will fit behind me 6'2 200lbs. The toddler sits behind mom (measurements and age confidential information). So the 2 year old is still a porsche virgin until she can get her Britax. By the way I do not work for Britax.

If you find a seat for the little ones please let us know.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:27 PM
Dan_997
Rennlist Member

When I looked, I could not find an infant seat that would fit securely in the back. I tried every brand but the Porsche. However, there are a number of boosters that fit, the Britax being a good example, so my 11 month old will be waiting awhile before he can cruise with dad.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:35 PM
MMD
Banned

Originally Posted by texas911
I hear Ben coming.
That's the funny thing. The more people avoid posting the "sleepier" this forum becomes.

The sleepier it becomes the fewer posters will be attracted.

Also, it's the conversational aspect of boards that people are attracted to. Answers to their particular questions.

Otherwise, instead of going to the college bar to talk cars you might as well go to the library and study cars.

Do what y'all want but, except for extremely stupid/repetitive posts, dissuading people from posting is not good.

My us$.02
Old 01-11-2006, 01:36 PM
scycle2020
Burning Brakes

Talking

Originally Posted by OCBen
Nahhhh....This wasn't discussed all that much before, and it's been a while since it was. I vaguely recall a thread on the topic, and I suppose a search on "child seat" will turn it up.
getting soft in your old age Ben????
Old 01-11-2006, 01:45 PM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by MMD
Do what y'all want but, except for extremely stupid/repetitive posts, dissuading people from posting is not good.
Precisely!
Old 01-11-2006, 02:03 PM
Weissy
Instructor

Can't imagine why it bothers ben so much. The guys got a question so who cares if he posts it???? If you have seen it before just stay the hell out of it and don't add your two cents. Who the **** cares if this was a topic covered last month? What if the information has changed?? So why not just shut up with your re posts and just add your commentary where it might be relevant.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:49 PM
OCBen
Banned

Dude, chill.

Re-read the thread and you'll see that I said nothing of the kind here. So get your facts straight.

Last edited by OCBen; 01-11-2006 at 03:18 PM. Reason: rephrasing
Old 01-11-2006, 03:59 PM
Weissy
Instructor

Who are you to decide when and if something is to be discussed???? I am having a ****y day so I would say 50% of this is due to that. But the other 50% is that its totally annoying to have you lurking over other peoples posts for reposts and what not. So like I said if you feel that the topic has been covered just move on. No one needs to read your post telling them to do a search.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:27 PM
OCBen
Banned

Again, I'm not sure what thread you're reading, but I never told anyone to do a search here. I was minding my own business when someone made a comment about my penchant for helping others by giving them the information they're looking for and I responded in a jovial manner.

And I don't "lurk over other peoples posts for reposts and what not." Just because you may have gotten that impression from someone else's accusation doesn't make it true.

It appears you may have been away from this forum for a while and may have missed this discussion that gets to the heart of your concerns:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/245985-self-dimming-mirrors.html

Btw, sorry you're having a ****ty day. Hope it gets better for you.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:57 PM
Weissy
Instructor

Yes that discussion about sums it up. I just think that sometimes information can change and that's why you shouldn't have a stroke every time someone asks a question about something that might have come up for hardcore rennlisters last week. Like I said if you feel that you have covered a topic already then just don't get involved in it again and pass it by.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:03 PM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

Well, in my case, the more repetitive the questions are, and the more frequently the repetitions take place, the more I am annoyed. I kick my students' asses if they ask the same stuff all the time. Check your notes and don't waste other people's resources.

Also, if we have 20 threads about the same topic, and the same answers all the time, going through the search results becomes very tedious and frustrating (because I read all of them just in case there is something new).

So I definitely appreciate some type of thread police. It helps the overall operationality and efficiency tremendously. I spent two weeks, six hours a day reading up everything I needed to know before buying my p-car in December (and before making my first post), and I appreciated the fact that I did not always have to read the same stuff over and over again.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:21 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Back to the subject ... I went to Babies R Us and carried several seats out to the car, trying to find one which fits well in back. Many have wider bottoms that do not fit well. I ended up getting the Eddie Bauer leather seat, that fits snugly and looks nice, and I have been very happy with it. (Some of the Eddie Bauer seats have narrower bottoms than most car seats.)

The Porsche seats are NOT designed to fit well in the back seats - they are intended for the front.

Quick Reply: Car Seat