Sponsored by:

Need advice on taking delivery

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 11:20 PM
littlebigfish
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice on taking delivery

Guys I need help. I live in Northern Idaho/Eastern/Washington and will take delivery of my 4CS after its built in December from Scottsdale, AZ Porsche. I intended to drive it from AZ home to have a nice long drive to break in the car. Here's where i need opinions:

1. Is a long drive optimal for break-in or should i just ship it, bearing in mind when it's shipped up here, my comute is only 19 miles each day to work and I will be in the dead of winter and won't want to drive on days where there is lots of salt and gravel on the road.

2. If i do make the long drive for break-in, I have only the weekend to do so. I have to get back to work. To avoid damage to the car on the drive and in general I intend to get a clear bra installed by the dealer. Should i have the car professionally detailed before the clear bra is applied?

All comments are greatly anticipated.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:28 PM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Received 505 Likes on 158 Posts

A long drive should be perfect for breaking in your new 997. Just vary your speeds, revs, and try not to stand on the brakes too hard in the first few hundred miles. Should be a great drive!

I would think any clear-bra installer would properly prep the area to be "filmed" - you shouldn't have to have it detailed first. It's worth finding out from the installer in advance, however.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:43 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The installer of your clear bra will prep the area (clean it, remove any waxes, etc.) before the install.

As Leader said, vary your RPM's, bed those brakes and have a great time getting her broken in on the way home!

Quick Reply: Need advice on taking delivery