Sponsored by:

System Fault Fixed.

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 10:50 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 64 Posts
Lightbulb System Fault Fixed.

I picked up my P car tonight and drove home without a glitch. The System Fault was fixed within 24 hours. The problem originated exactly where I first heard it, in the trunk, but not the latch. As I stated when I was waxing my car I heard something lock inside the trunk. I was right. More than likely from static electricity generated from polishing the front headlight, the emergency release lever inside the trunk activated; computer code C127. They had to replace the Servo Motor for the emergency release and the "system fault" was eliminated. Now before everyone starts to worry the tech informed me that Porsche became aware of the problem this Spring and started to fix it. My car was built in April 2005. According to him Porsche started to address this issue with new production cars around May or June of 2005. So I think and hope we will see less System Faults unless a new gremlin emerges. It's a great car and I wouldn't trade it for anything. There was no charge and a sales rep waited for me to pick my car up tonight after hours. Great service at Danbury Porsche in Connecticut. Well that's it. I may have to wash and wax the car this weekend with another coat of Rejex just for the heck of it. Take Care and great driving to all.

Jay
Old 10-21-2005, 08:46 AM
AeroSmith
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ23
I picked up my P car tonight and drove home without a glitch. The System Fault was fixed within 24 hours. The problem originated exactly where I first heard it, in the trunk, but not the latch. As I stated when I was waxing my car I heard something lock inside the trunk. I was right. More than likely from static electricity generated from polishing the front headlight, the emergency release lever inside the trunk activated; computer code C127. They had to replace the Servo Motor for the emergency release and the "system fault" was eliminated. Now before everyone starts to worry the tech informed me that Porsche became aware of the problem this Spring and started to fix it. My car was built in April 2005. According to him Porsche started to address this issue with new production cars around May or June of 2005. So I think and hope we will see less System Faults unless a new gremlin emerges. It's a great car and I wouldn't trade it for anything. There was no charge and a sales rep waited for me to pick my car up tonight after hours. Great service at Danbury Porsche in Connecticut. Well that's it. I may have to wash and wax the car this weekend with another coat of Rejex just for the heck of it. Take Care and great driving to all.

Jay
Jay, many thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that your baby is 100%. Time for a nice long drive. I bet the fall foliage is fantastic up there right now. Still in perpetual summer down here.

Anyway, I sure hope your tech is right about the fix. My baby was built in September and I just got a whole box of micro-fiber towels in the mail. As soon as I get my regular garage back she's getting a whole lot of polishing.

Cheers.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:34 PM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 542 Likes on 285 Posts

My late July build 987 had the same "waxing fault" issue...
Old 10-31-2009, 07:01 PM
justatoy
AutoX

Just waxed my car(and headlights) this weekend and got a C127 fault code.
Didn't realize how sesnsitive she is too a little rub,LOL!
Any idea where te module is that needs to be replaced would be greatly appreciated.....

Stacy

PS how is rubbing a headlight linked to this....seems quite funny!

I also opened the hood and locked the car via remote and the horn still honked...I heard if it doesn't honk it is that module....????

Last edited by justatoy; 10-31-2009 at 11:16 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:45 PM
skier8dude
Advanced

I just got a system fault on the trunk latch on my 2006 cab. Dealer wants $500 to replace it...
Old 10-31-2009, 11:54 PM
justatoy
AutoX

Covered here....

https://rennlist.com/forums/6956243-post1.html

My Durametric calls it the 'Front controle module'.
If this is the problem it is the second time for me.......!
I had it replace,under warranty,with the same original part number listed in the link I attached.You think that they would have a better replacement part so that this wouldn't happen again!

Stacy
Old 11-01-2009, 12:40 AM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Stacy: These cars are too complex if you can't even polish them without damaging an expensive electronic module. That sucks. I think it is time you bought that 993 TT you've always wanted!

Quick Reply: System Fault Fixed.