Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally pulled the trigger; Fairfield/Westchester dealer and car wash recomm.?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 12:02 PM
SDSmith
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally pulled the trigger; Fairfield/Westchester dealer and car wash recomm.?

Hello. After months of looking at 996s/997s and reading this forum I finally pulled the trigger a couple weeks ago and purchased a lightly used (1,000 miles) 997 Carrera, black on black, with bose, xenons, heated seats and PASM - - just the options I would have likely ordered myself if I purchased the car new. So far I am very happy with the car. I am coming from 3 years with '02 M3 with SMG and 5 months with an R32. Car doesn't seem to have the grunt of the M3, but I suspect that is just perception at this point. Both great cars.

I purchased a short shifter and am interested in recommendations on a dealer or independent shop in Fairfield County or Westchester to have it installed. I am fairly handy with wrenches, but rather not end up breaking interior clips and the like. In the past it seems folks have had good things to say about Pepe (I've been to Pepe, Greenwich & Fairfield Porsche at various times). Has anyone installed the 'thicker' steering wheel on their car after delivery?

I was also hoping someone might be able to point me to a place to have the car hand washed near Greenwich. Black was not my first color choice given the effort to keep it looking nice, but the car was a good deal I was comfortable with so I went for it (now I've had it for a couple weeks, I really like the black).

Any thoughts on the above are appreciated. I'll be back in the future for recommendations on mild track prep. I plan to take the car to the Glen in October (I have about 70 track days there in various other vehicles).

Thanks.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:33 PM
Graeme
AutoX

I would recommend Rennwerke in Elmsford.

I've been taking my car there for a couple of years and highly recommend them. Just had a RoW M030 suspension installed by them last week and they have had a bunch of other maintenance work done by them. And lots of tech inspections...

Great place.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:43 PM
Weissy
Instructor

Just sent you a PM

Quick Reply: Finally pulled the trigger; Fairfield/Westchester dealer and car wash recomm.?