Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I Order the Diamond Package for my 997 S Delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 04:48 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Two words: Cubic Zirconia

Actually, you can get diamonds much, much cheaper online, complete with certification. I wouldn't buy without certification, GIA or AGSL. That's your guarantee of quality. Ebay carries diamonds with cert. You may want to look there. Otherwise a nice pair of pearl ear rings with matching necklace would be nice too. Or a nice celebratory dinner.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:10 PM
tnunnery
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did the Diamond Package (in ring form) during a European Delivery for a BMW. (cue sound of violins) It was very well-received and made for an very memorable trip - the autobahn was great!

I would highly recommend gifts of carbon, if you have the right recipient.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:20 PM
npp
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1080i:
You just can't buy diamonds from any jeweler if price is important. You need to find a wholesaler that you can get the diamonds from and then go to the local jeweler to have them put in the appropriate setting (Gold or Platinum for earings...). Never buy a diamond without a cert (preferably GIA). Direct diamond importers from Israel, India, or Belgium are the best. Be careful about stones from Southeast asia (Hong Kong/Singapore/Malaysia, etc..).
Reconsider the diamond package idea -- she won't soon forget it.
NPP
Old 08-02-2005, 05:29 PM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by npp
You need to find a wholesaler that you can get the diamonds from and then go to the local jeweler to have them put in the appropriate setting (Gold or Platinum for earings...)
That's what I did for my wife's engagement ring. Bought the rock (okay, little rock, tiny rock) from a wholesaler (with GIA cert) and had a local jeweler mount it for me. Cost me less than half of what I would have paid at a jewelry store.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:36 PM
1080iAddict
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On a side note....this is the absolute worst part of the wait. I know my baby is off the ship because the ship returned to Europe Monday at 12:30. So, now its Tuesday. By now she's got to be on the carrier or at least really close to getting on the carrier. My dealer is 1 hour from the Port of Baltimore. I would love to think she'll be there soon, as in next day or so. Dealer JUST called while I was typing this and says probably Saturday would be a good day to anticipate delivery to me. UGGGGG. I am officially out of patience. This last part is the worst part of the wait. People said that in other posts and they are right.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:10 PM
OCBen
Banned

What makes it worse is knowing that they are taking their good ol' time about it, taking extended lunches, answering email, being on the phone, and maybe, just maybe, they'll get to loading it up on a carrier today, if not today then maybe tomorrow -- what's the hurry, they muse. Besides, the carrier won't leave unless it's fully loaded so another day or two won't matter. And so it is, as you try to live your daily life without thinking about it.

Quick Reply: Should I Order the Diamond Package for my 997 S Delivery?