Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 997 Carmon Red is 3000 miles away... need a good shipper!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 03:03 PM
SrfCity
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tnunnery
There is another Carmon Red (it's an S) at Stevens Creek Porsche in San Jose, CA. Apparently the buyer backed out of the deal after placing his order. PM me if anyone wants my dealer contact.

TVN
That's some good info. I'd go for the "S" and no shipping charge. Plus you're not on the hook for it this way
Old 05-27-2005, 03:39 PM
tnunnery
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's pretty well spec'd too. As far as I can remember, it has gray leather, Sport Chrono, chrome tips, short-shift (the first I've seen in person), sport seats, full leather, classic wheels, colored wheel crests and headrest embossed crest - no navigation or PCCB. I don't recall whether it had PDC or rear wiper.

The color is pretty amazing in person although it's not for me since it closely matches the colors of my alma mater's rival.

Hope it helps!

TVN

Last edited by tnunnery; 05-27-2005 at 05:39 PM.
Old 05-27-2005, 06:35 PM
JSMDMD
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Closer.. but....

Originally Posted by tnunnery
It's pretty well spec'd too. As far as I can remember, it has gray leather, Sport Chrono, chrome tips, short-shift (the first I've seen in person), sport seats, full leather, classic wheels, colored wheel crests and headrest embossed crest - no navigation or PCCB. I don't recall whether it had PDC or rear wiper.

The color is pretty amazing in person although it's not for me since it closely matches the colors of my alma mater's rival.

Hope it helps!

TVN
Thanks for the heads up on this car.
I took a look at the specs for the car on the Porsche website and it looks perfect, if only it wasn't an S model. Although I would love to have the S, it doesn't quite fit into my budget yet. So unfortunately, though closer, it will be in someone elses garage!
At least there will be 2 or the Carmon Reds in California!
Old 05-27-2005, 11:22 PM
PV
Pro

Hello OCBen. I'm working on the pictures. My P-car is currently looking like a mess, as I'm (too) busy moving to Europe. I need to clean it up first. I already have a decent camera to take some good pictures. So, I ask for patience.

H-town is indeed Houston Texas.
Old 05-28-2005, 11:11 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

PV: You movin' to Europe? Wow, and why? You're not originally from there are you? Will it be long term or some sort of short term assignment (1yr or less)? Either way that's some move all right. Are you planning on traveling on the same boat as your P-car, or flying and then waiting for the car once it gets there? Just curious that's all. Hey, well don't worry about the pics if you're too busy, ok? I know you'll post them eventually. Good luck to you!
Old 05-30-2005, 10:49 PM
PV
Pro

I'm originally from Europe, actually Amsterdam (The Netherlands).

Yes, one of the issues is the move of the P-car. I will be without it for approximately 2 months , however, the good news is that I will be living about an hour from the Autobahn in Germany

I'm planning to make some better pic's in a few weeks from now, and when the P-car arrives in Europe.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:27 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Well, I hope it gets there safe and sound.....and you too of course.

You'll have to let us know us know how it all works out for you!

Quick Reply: My 997 Carmon Red is 3000 miles away... need a good shipper!