Sponsored by:

Upgraded from waiter to chef

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 09:29 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Upgraded from waiter to chef

My 997S finally arrived today with only one thing wrong. I appear to have colored crests on the left 2 wheel caps and plain b/w crests on the right 2 wheels. Dealer has promised to change them all to black/white versions.

Now all I have to do is figure out PCM...I just wish this was a delete option!

And how do I change my signature???
Old 04-27-2005, 10:31 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Hey congratulations Chef. Another waiter has been set free and that is a cause for celebration. I hope my car is ONVESL soon. It was built on 4-20-05 and I hope everyone was awake when the transmission and engine were built. Post a lot of pics and enjoy your new racing machine.

Jay (April Build)
997 S Cab
Sport Chrono
Atlas Grey Metallic
Full Leather, black
Nav
Bose sound package.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:17 PM
alin330
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congras Chef, now post some pictures please
Old 04-28-2005, 12:28 AM
SYMA
Pro

Enjoy it Chef. Great car.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:56 AM
ryssyr
Rennlist Member

Default april 18 build

hey dj. my 997 was built on 4-18, dealer cant seem to find out eta on the boat!

have you found out when the next one leaves??
Old 04-28-2005, 01:59 AM
Moogle
Race Car

wow thats very strange that the caps were different.

seems to be more and more stories of these small cockups from the factory these days. hell, somehow a 2.7 boxster managed to get out of the factory with a Boxster S badge...

you can change your sig inside the user control panel
Old 04-28-2005, 02:44 AM
mmcmilla
Advanced

Same thing happened to the caps on my '04 turbo. Passenger side came with silver "Turbo" caps, and driver side came with colored crests. (They were supposed to be silver caps all the way around because I didn't order/pay for the colored crests.) It took me a couple of days to notice the difference, but when I showed the Porsche service manager, he laughed and asked me which I'd rather have. I went with the colored crests, no charge, and I felt like I finally got something for free.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:25 AM
zacharie
Advanced

Hello Le Chef,

Congratulations on this great event! I'm verry happy for you and finally it didn't take that long before your order and reception (well, that is my point of view, I'm sure that it sure had been a long enough wait for you!!)
Now have fun and enjoy your car. Be safe.
Old 04-28-2005, 07:53 AM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Default Where?

Originally Posted by Moogle
you can change your sig inside the user control panel
I've looked in the CP and can't find anything that references changing my signature. I'm baffled!
Old 04-28-2005, 09:00 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Le Chef
My 997S finally arrived today with only one thing wrong. I appear to have colored crests on the left 2 wheel caps and plain b/w crests on the right 2 wheels. Dealer has promised to change them all to black/white versions.

Now all I have to do is figure out PCM...I just wish this was a delete option!

And how do I change my signature???
Le Chef - You must have read the thread on the 996 Forum that got the group discussing GOLD versus SILVER hood crests. You obviously were on the fence about which one you liked and couldn't really make up your mind, so you did the left in colored (GOLD) and the right in black/white (SILVER). NOW you blame the dealer... Yeah, we believe you! BTW, if you have not read the thread I referred to above, you should read it. It's a RIOT!

Seriously, CONGRATS on your 997. I am envious! I hope you enjoy it more than you think you will! Wouldn't THAT be a RUSH!?!
Old 04-28-2005, 09:05 AM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Le Chef
I've looked in the CP and can't find anything that references changing my signature. I'm baffled!
Le Chef - not 20 minutes ago I sent the folowing to a guy on the 996 Forum asking about his SIG. This will clear up the SIG mystery.

I became a Registered User on April 2, 2005. About 5 days later, I ran into the same thing with the SIG and posted a thread about it. A couple of Members gave me instructions on how to change it, but I did not have access. After doing some research, I discovered that they changed the requirements for having a SIG. Apparently ithe SIGs were taking up space on the server, so they limited SIGs to paying Members only. Shortly after that I became a paying Member, and now I have a SIG. It's only $18 for a year or $32 for two years. I figured I was going to be on the Forum often, so why not join. $32 for a couple of years is less than a full tank of gas... and Chads996 made me a custom SIG yesterday! That alone was worth the price of admission!
Old 04-28-2005, 11:07 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Congrats on your new 997S and on being promoted from waiter to chef! I'm still a waiter as you can see, and actually have gotten pretty good at being one now that I've settled into this mind set. Just sold my Boxster S yesterday to make room in the garage for the new delivery, due in around late June or early July. Can't wait.....oh, actually I can....that's my job!
Old 04-28-2005, 12:06 PM
VikDiddy
Advanced

Congrats! Maybe I will see you arount town. What are the specs? Also, which dealer did you purchase it from?
Old 04-28-2005, 01:20 PM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by gota911
BTW, if you have not read the thread I referred to above, you should read it. It's a RIOT!

Seriously, CONGRATS on your 997. I am envious! I hope you enjoy it more than you think you will! Wouldn't THAT be a RUSH!?!
Here is the GOLD versus SILVER crest thread. It started out as just a single picture and mushroomed from there! Enjoy!

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/200009-just-because-i-like-this-pic.html
Old 04-28-2005, 11:15 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Default Spex

Originally Posted by VikDiddy
Congrats! Maybe I will see you arount town. What are the specs? Also, which dealer did you purchase it from?
Originally Posted by VikDiddy
Seal Gray, Black Full Leather, Leather Rear Console, Electric Seats with Memory, Self Dimming Mirrors, Sport Chrono, Bose, Black Dials, Hardwired Valentine 1, Rear Wiper, Debadged, Carrera Classics, Clear Sides and Silver Hood Badge (Thanks Eric).

Still to come new pedals from Carnewal.

Dealer was the Porsche Exchange in Highland Park.

No pics yet as I took it up to Milwaukee today - cops EVERYWHERE - beware if you drive by Kenosha - watch for unmarked cars using laser...

Quick Reply: Upgraded from waiter to chef