Sponsored by:

Car Insurance for DE's?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 01:54 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts
Default Car Insurance for DE's?

I've read a couple of times now where someone has damaged their car while at the track or an event and when their insurance company found out they not only refused coverage but dropped the car entirely! I would think there are specialty carriers out there that would supplement the standard road coverage for these 1-2 day events, but haven't had any luck except for the one place mentioned on the Northeast Region PCA site..

"Now a word about insurance coverage for the track, should you want the extra security of a dedicated track style company, Pacific Insurance Corp. offers track insurance with reasonable deductibles. Many of the PCA racers now use it but they only offer 30 day coverage so if you participate in much less than that you still pay the full fare. According to their representative there is very little call for shorter or single day coverage, so if a number of you contact them, maybe they will offer that coverage. Their site is www.pacificontrack.com. "

Thats more than I need, anyone doing this and if so, what problems pop up with your standard carrier (if any).

Thanks!
Old 01-31-2005, 12:07 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

There is a company called Leyland, I believe, but keep in mind all these insurers share info, and you could get dropped anyway if you're not careful. I don't carry extra coverage on mine, if something happens I'll eat it I guess.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:10 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by C4S Surgeon
There is a company called Leyland, I believe, but keep in mind all these insurers share info, and you could get dropped anyway if you're not careful. I don't carry extra coverage on mine, if something happens I'll eat it I guess.
Thanks. I'm thinking along the same lines..
Old 01-31-2005, 12:36 AM
Jerseybean
GT3 Track Junkie
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't want to risk my car, so I purchased a cheap car to drive on the track, I've seen too many cars have small but costly accidents on the track. A friend told me that his insurance company dropped him after he called to ask them if he was covered while he was doing DEs. I was also looking at another company called laurie http://www.laurelde.com I've seen them advertising in panorama a few times.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:37 AM
SrfCity
Burning Brakes

What's the 30 day coverage run? USAA advised that I would not be covered on my F-car at the track so I'm sure they would not cover the P-car either. That's OK by me as I don't wish to take the risk.
Old 01-31-2005, 02:18 AM
Sobe
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is why european delivery is so much fun , driving on the highway with no speed limits with insurance . When I was at Willow Springs last time I knew my car was not going to be insured if something happened and it kind of took the fun out of it for me .
Old 01-31-2005, 04:14 PM
930man
Rennlist Member

I bought my 997 for the track i would like to have some coverage just incase a catastrophe happened. but small things i would eat
Old 01-31-2005, 04:18 PM
SrfCity
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Sobe
This is why european delivery is so much fun , driving on the highway with no speed limits with insurance . When I was at Willow Springs last time I knew my car was not going to be insured if something happened and it kind of took the fun out of it for me .
Yea, it almost makes you want to go nuts on the street
OK, not a good idea.....
Old 01-31-2005, 04:20 PM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

If you have full coverage, and you have a mishap at the track, you can always drive it/tow it onto a deserted road and claim an animal ran in front of you :-)

You might have a hard time convincing them the animal was made of concrete though, when they see the damage ;-)
Old 01-31-2005, 05:11 PM
Sanjeevan
Three Wheelin'

I have my DE insurance through Laurel, there is another popular one, it's either american insurer's or american collectors...or something like that...you should do a search for DE insurance.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:05 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Jeeva, I thought about that too, but I'm afraid they'll share it with USAA and I'll be out. For now, I'm taking my chances, might not be a smart move for everybody.
Chris

Quick Reply: Car Insurance for DE's?