Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

911S Backordered until April

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 09:49 PM
Gk1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No dealers w.i. 300 miles of me have any 2005 cars listed.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:06 AM
GreggT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Gk1
No dealers w.i. 300 miles of me have any 2005 cars listed.
If you want a car I wouldn't let that stop you. The last 3 new cars I bought came from dlrs over that distance. One even sent a flatbed to pick up my Boxster when they dropped off the Cab C4.
Shopping around and looking is a wise thing (IMHO) unless you don't mind waiting a however long it takes or have a particular reason you just have to buy from a particular dlr.
I'd buy local if it fit my schedule and was ballpark priced........otherwise I'd look.
Old 09-14-2004, 01:53 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

This thread comes up as Porsche releases a new model (and it's good to revisit the topic, but there's always new people here) and I think the conclusion is simply that the Web and forums like Rennlist have changed the rules -- the buyer has inventory and invoice data. I've been helping a friend find a GT3 and we used the information on Internet to approach a local dealer with a fair offer.

In my humble, there's no hard and fast rule that says the buyer is smarter or more foolish either way -- if there's a reason to buy from a local dealer and perhaps pay a premium, so be it. My company has a business relationship with each of the reputable Porsche dealers, so I buy from them (at a discount) and I refer my customers to them (and I carefully avoid recommendations without disclosing my business relationships even though there's no affiliation.)

Cheers,
Old 09-14-2004, 02:16 PM
GreggT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

In an ideal world........you should be able to give the local dlr the business. But often the local dlr does not have inventory (or any upcoming or appropriate allocation) and.........if they do not offer to 'look' for the car for you, then 'look' yourself.

If they have a valued client such as yourself, I've never been unable to understand why they would not 'look' for you .
I've bought several high-end cars from dealers and resellers in other parts of the country, that are happy to 'look' for me, and ship me the car.

Quick Reply: 911S Backordered until April