Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to reset LTFT Long Term Fuel Trim?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2024, 08:16 PM
jchapura
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 112 Posts
Default How to reset LTFT Long Term Fuel Trim?

I recently changed my fuel injectors on my 997.1 because I thought they might be contributing to fuel-in-the-oil.

Is there a way to reset the LTFT Long Term Fuel Trim to force it to start learning the new values immediately? If there's no way to reset the LTFT, does anyone know how long (miles or hours) it will take for it to optimize itself after this major fuel delivery change?
Old 02-19-2024, 10:39 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,764 Likes on 4,304 Posts

Disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes should do it. I think with a scan tool if you click "clear all faults" it will do it also. If I do this with my car I have to do it running or it's almost impossible to restart once it clears the learned data. If I do it running, it stumbles, recovers, relearns and smooths back out.
The following users liked this post:
jchapura (02-19-2024)
Old 02-19-2024, 02:13 PM
jchapura
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
Disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes should do it. I think with a scan tool if you click "clear all faults" it will do it also. If I do this with my car I have to do it running or it's almost impossible to restart once it clears the learned data. If I do it running, it stumbles, recovers, relearns and smooths back out.
Thanks Pete.
I disconnected the battery before starting the job - it did take a lot of cranking to get the thing started but I thought it was having to fill up the fuel rails. The idle definitely changed character in those first few minutes.

Quick Reply: How to reset LTFT Long Term Fuel Trim?