997.2 Turbo S Aerokit and C4S rear reflector conversion

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2023, 05:30 PM
sdukedkr
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 997.2 Turbo S Aerokit and C4S rear reflector conversion

Hello,

I am about to purchase my dream car, a 997.2 Turbo S! And even better, it comes with the factory Aerokit!!

I absolutely love the look of it and will definitely enjoy some time just how it is.
However I also always liked the look of the red reflector bar of the Carrera 4S model, so I thought “what about combining both of both worlds?”.

Of course never will I dare to alter the original Aerokit..!

But I think that I managed to find the right aftermarket parts on DESIGN911 website that might help achieve my bodywork conversion.
Below are my questions, so if any of you had some experience, I would be glad to hear:

Part #1

BI-PLANE REAR SPOILER TYPE GT. PORSCHE 997 CARRERA / 997 TURBO

- How is the build quality?
- How flush does it look once painted and fitted?
- Are the “fixing” parts included with the kit or do you need to use the original ones?
- Is the light bar included or do you need to use the original one?

Part #2

REAR BOOTLID UPGRADE TO 997 GEN2 C4S LOOK FOR PORSCHE 997

- How is the build quality?
- How flush does it look once painted and fitted?
- Are the “fixing” parts already there or do you need to use the original ones and fit them on?
- Only based on the placement of the “fixing” points, all else excluded, would it be able to replace the original 997.2 Turbo S bootlid with the C4S’s and still close properly?

My idea is to find a skilled workshop that will combine the upper part of the aftermarket Turbo S Aerokit set with the C4S lower part with the red reflector bar (process: cutting parts at right height / check fitting and welding of both upper and lower pieces together / smoothing of surfaces / painting).
Of course this can only work if the C4S bootlid can replace the Turbo S bootlid (based on dimensions and “fixings” parts and points).

This is my first ever post on a forum, hope I was clear enough.

Check the pictures that I tried my best to edit showing the intended result (the car I used is without Aerokit).

Hoping to hear from lots of you!
The following users liked this post:
EVOMMM (09-06-2023)
Old 09-07-2023, 10:50 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,763 Likes on 4,303 Posts

That's an awesome car - congratulations!

Personally, I don't think the rear reflector has been done well since the 993 and 996 where it was a very nice continuation of the red section of the rear lights. Here are a couple photos so you can see what I'm talking about.

Porsche 996

On the 997, it just doesn't really connect to anything or flow well between the lights. The lens also separates and leaks moisture inside and is expensive to replace.

IMO there are better things to spend your money of when modding these cars, but your car - make it look how you want it to - that's what I do.

Old 09-07-2023, 02:31 PM
sdukedkr
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Petza914
That's an awesome car - congratulations!

Personally, I don't think the rear reflector has been done well since the 993 and 996 where it was a very nice continuation of the red section of the rear lights. Here are a couple photos so you can see what I'm talking about.

Porsche 996

On the 997, it just doesn't really connect to anything or flow well between the lights. The lens also separates and leaks moisture inside and is expensive to replace.

IMO there are better things to spend your money of when modding these cars, but your car - make it look how you want it to - that's what I do.

Hi!

Agree with you, 993 and 996 rear lights are just beautiful and integrate perfectly with the bumper.

But I do like the look on the 997.

I have another few modifications in mind, like wheel spacers and carbon mirrors, but not more than that.

All other things excluded, do you know if the trunk of a C4S would fit on a Turbo S (in terms of fixing parts and placement)?
Old 09-07-2023, 04:00 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,763 Likes on 4,303 Posts

Originally Posted by sdukedkr
Hi!

Agree with you, 993 and 996 rear lights are just beautiful and integrate perfectly with the bumper.

But I do like the look on the 997.

I have another few modifications in mind, like wheel spacers and carbon mirrors, but not more than that.

All other things excluded, do you know if the trunk of a C4S would fit on a Turbo S (in terms of fixing parts and placement)?
997 decklids are the same size. Fan placement differs between models and generations, but nothing that can't be overcome - just get the fan for the decklid you're using.

I retrofitted a 997TT decklid onto my wife's 997.1 c2s with the active aero wing functional.

The following users liked this post:
EVOMMM (09-07-2023)
Old 09-08-2023, 10:05 AM
sdukedkr
4th Gear

Looks dope, love the color!

Damn I really don’t know enough on fans/fixings etc, it’s going to be a headache to get the right parts.
Do you know the website Design911? They have lots of Porsche parts.
Old 09-08-2023, 10:11 AM
Optionman1
Rennlist Member

Received 2,153 Likes on 1,013 Posts

Old 09-08-2023, 01:31 PM
sdukedkr
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Optionman1
Back one is a 997 with aftermarket Ducktail lid fitted? 997.1 or 997.2?
And front one is a standard 996 C4S right?

Where did you get the Ducktail and what is the brand? Did it come with all the fixing parts or did you use the ones you had on your factory boot lid?
Old 09-08-2023, 01:34 PM
Optionman1
Rennlist Member

Received 2,153 Likes on 1,013 Posts

Back one is a 997.2 (2009 4s) and the one in front is a 2003 4s. Ducktail is a Getty Sport version installed by previous owner.

Quick Reply: 997.2 Turbo S Aerokit and C4S rear reflector conversion