Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2023, 07:36 PM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 276 Posts
Default Instrument cluster issue

Hi All,

I have a question.

Yesterday suddenly, my center digital gauge read out went blank. No speedo, tire pressure etc. I stopped, turned the car off and a half hour later it was working. Same thing happened today just briefly again and then it corrected itself....the side gauges are fine...what do you think?
Old 08-25-2023, 01:39 PM
Ironman88
Rennlist Member

Received 2,381 Likes on 1,248 Posts

That's really odd Tom.

Seems to me if that portion of the display was truly bad, it would just completely stop working and not come back. To me, that indicates that the display is not the culprit - something feeding the data to it is the issue.

When I've had quirky problems with the electronics like this in the past, I've had some success with disconnecting the battery (removing the negative battery terminal connection) and leave it disconnected for 20 minutes or so. Then reconnect it. That will reinitialize things and may resolve the issue you're having. (You will get some PASM malfunction errors showing up when you first start the car, but they will go away quickly after you start to drive the car.

Hope all is well otherwise.

Old 08-25-2023, 02:14 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,653 Likes on 986 Posts

2009 C2S 192K miles

Put a code reader on it and see if anything pops up. Durametric will let you re-boot the instrument cluster.

Peace
Bruce in Philly (now Atlanta)
The following users liked this post:
TommyV44 (08-25-2023)
Old 08-25-2023, 03:46 PM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Ironman88
That's really odd Tom.

Seems to me if that portion of the display was truly bad, it would just completely stop working and not come back. To me, that indicates that the display is not the culprit - something feeding the data to it is the issue.

When I've had quirky problems with the electronics like this in the past, I've had some success with disconnecting the battery (removing the negative battery terminal connection) and leave it disconnected for 20 minutes or so. Then reconnect it. That will reinitialize things and may resolve the issue you're having. (You will get some PASM malfunction errors showing up when you first start the car, but they will go away quickly after you start to drive the car.

Hope all is well otherwise.
Thanks Robert...I'll ask the tech to try that when I bring the car in to change the hydraulic pump and cylinders which were leaking...when it rains it pours!!

Tom

Quick Reply: Instrument cluster issue