Sponsored by:

Another System Fault/Key Stuck thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2023, 07:09 AM
Idoktr
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Another System Fault/Key Stuck thread

I finally fixed my origional key stuck issue by replacing the whole unit. Car was outside work yesterday in a severe rain/lightning storm. After work, entered the car and all the dash lights were on. Car started and was able to drive home. Electrical gremlins on the ride home included intermittant horn beeping, emergency flashers on/off, interior light on/off. Now have System Fault code and key will not come out even with emergency procedure. Car will start. Tried removind battery cable already......... This car is driving me crazy. !!!!!!!!!!!
Ordered front control module and new key cylinder.. Any other ideas???
Old 07-27-2023, 12:34 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,269 Likes on 817 Posts

When my hazard lights developed a problem, it was the front control module. A friend lost his front computer when his wife's yoga pants brushed across the front fender (his words). Others have said they lost theirs while polishing the headlights or when waxing the car. I don't know how mine failed, but these things do appear to be frail.

From my last 8 months of driveway storage, I'll tell you that these cars do not do well when stored outside. The thunderstorm you mention may well be your clue.

Fortunately, it's an easy plug and play. Unfortunately, replacements may not be perfect ... my frunk light stopped working when the new one was installed.

Good luck with yours. Let us know how things progress.
Old 07-27-2023, 01:40 PM
Idoktr
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks. Part will be here Friday...............

Quick Reply: Another System Fault/Key Stuck thread