Sponsored by:

Brake pad confusion

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2023, 12:58 AM
!Zar!
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake pad confusion

I purchased some endless me22 pads for my 997.1c2s with non ceramic brakes. I was sent these pads and either what I ordered was lost in translation or I was sent some pads in the box for a different model. To me these look like they are for a 996? Interested to hear thoughts as to what went wrong.

Old 07-20-2023, 01:40 AM
!Zar!
Rennlist Member

Don't think I can delete my post. So I'll post the update after more prodding around. Based on what the Endless website shows, I should have https://endlessusa.com/product/eip072 My box says eip174. After looking on the endless site these seem to go to various Hondas.
Old 07-20-2023, 02:25 AM
Fatsix
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 83 Posts

I had to spend some time with Endless USA and Japan to make sure I had the correct part numbers. It is very confusing. The best way to confirm for me was to match the technical drawings to the pads on the car.

I have a 997.2 GTS and I matched the original pad shape and features to get the correct endless pads. I ordered EIP179 and EIP175 and they were a perfect match to the original pads on my GTS. You can also get them without the dampers but they are different part numbers. You can contact Endless USA and talk to Eric to ask about the version without the dampers if you need. The ones I installed are working flawlessly so maybe just use the same part numbers I am using. In addition they have been squeal free so far.

I would like to hear how you like the ME22 compound after you get everything sorted out. I am using CCRG right now and they are perfect for street and canyons.

These are the original factory pads

Last edited by Fatsix; 07-20-2023 at 02:49 AM.
Old 07-21-2023, 08:49 PM
!Zar!
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the suggestion Fatsix. Found out the site I ordered from had the wrong part number. Now the wait begins for a set of pads to be made and sent to me. Hopefully I will have an update sooner than later I can provide on the pad performance!

Quick Reply: Brake pad confusion