Sponsored by:

And the problems just multiply

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2023, 10:26 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 603 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by dgjks6
The replaced the module and dryer the car out and everything back - except not spoiler does not work and there is a tail light warning on both sides. I told them to leave that alone.
this can be dealt with via a foxwell 530 / durametric pro. or you can take it back to them and take a look at the rear module settings via the piwis.

the dealer did not reprogram your rear module correctly.
- spoiler function setting is likely not turned on (as well as all the speed related settings)
- i have a feeling your tailLight warning is due to the module running on incandescent mode (997.1) mode as well (not LED 997.2). the latter setting is the last one in the list of coding settings on the rear module.

also make sure the part number of the newly replaced rear module is actually the 997.2 module (search the 997.2 rear conversion threads for the part number) - otherwise they put a .1 rear module in.

To be safe, i would get a photo read out of the rear module from another .2 pdk cab owner here (as similar spec to yours as possible) who has access to a foxwell/durametric - and then copy/compare the coding settings from there.

good luck

Last edited by myw; 02-07-2023 at 10:28 PM.
Old 02-08-2023, 09:52 PM
dgjks6
Drifting

Received 254 Likes on 162 Posts

My son in law borrowed my scanner so waiting to get it back.

Will double check all that. Thanks for giving me a starting place.

The tail lights work fine - just have a dash warning

As far as drains - behind the front cowel and in the rear fender well.

I'll see if I can find the link

Still kicking myself for it
Old 02-09-2023, 05:13 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,065 Likes on 746 Posts

Originally Posted by frybear
Hate to hear about this. Not that this helps at all but maybe if you ever have to park outside again during heavy rain, a tarp over it? I know, probably not going to help as much as I think unless it's really tied onto the roof of the car...
May be the only solution. That said, shouldn't Porsche at least blush a little bit knowing cars they sell for $120,000 and double or triple that need to be covered in tarp if parked outside during heavy rain to prevent water intrusion? A 20 year old Ford worth a small fraction will be sitting next to it, perfectly dry inside without tarp.

Old 02-09-2023, 10:40 AM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,653 Likes on 986 Posts

Originally Posted by sandwedge
May be the only solution. That said, shouldn't Porsche at least blush a little bit knowing cars they sell for $120,000 and double or triple that need to be covered in tarp if parked outside during heavy rain to prevent water intrusion? A 20 year old Ford worth a small fraction will be sitting next to it, perfectly dry inside without tarp.
The 997 requires maintenance and keeping those drains clear is part of the regimen. I am actually OK with this however I am very disappointed that Porsche did not put this in the owner's manual. Clogged drains are a very real issue with ownership and, frankly, not that big of a deal if they just exposed the procedure to owners. I discovered the drain issue when I literally heard water swooshing while driving. Needless to say I was a bit ticked off.

Peace
Bruce in Philly (now Atlanta)
Old 02-09-2023, 12:29 PM
docdrs
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Ripking
Dealing with a similar situation but with my 958 CTT. Had it in at a bodyshop recently for a rear bumper fender bender. Car came back to me with water intrusion on the passenger side. AC blower motor shorted out. Drains totally cleared. Body shop is still being indecisive about paying for the AC replacement... Car is still with Porsche. Been driving a 2023 base cayenne coupe in the meantime so I guess it could be worse...
my wife’s 2012 958 Cayenne ac blower motor went last summer. It was an easy R &R. There is a DIY a somewhere with where to get the part. About 200 and an hour of my time. It may have been time for the blower to go and a coincidence.
Old 02-09-2023, 12:35 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,266 Likes on 815 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce In Philly
The 997 requires maintenance and keeping those drains clear is part of the regimen. I am actually OK with this however I am very disappointed that Porsche did not put this in the owner's manual. Clogged drains are a very real issue with ownership and, frankly, not that big of a deal if they just exposed the procedure to owners. I discovered the drain issue when I literally heard water swooshing while driving. Needless to say I was a bit ticked off.

Peace
Bruce in Philly (now Atlanta)
Per usual, what Bruce said. And this isn't limited to Porsche. Any car with a sunroof requires routine drain cleaning as well as track cleaning and lubrication. Make it a part of the oil change procedure.
Old 02-09-2023, 06:40 PM
dgjks6
Drifting

Received 254 Likes on 162 Posts

Just for the record - this was may fault. I have had a 911 cab for over 10 years. First trip in the rain my 996 flooded and I learned to keep all the drains front and rear clean. I just didn't check before I shipped it off.

Quick Reply: And the problems just multiply