Sponsored by:

Uncovered 997

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 11:01 AM
Luke R
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uncovered 997

the new copy of EVO (June 04), has pictures of the 997 totally uncovered. the only tape is over the front badge (as if anyone couldnt tell!) and a little still over the side repeaters. one car is running on new five spoke 18s, similar to the current versions, which i assume is a C2. other pic is from rear of what i assume is a C2S with quad exhausts and the 19s that have been posted previously everywhere. both cars in silver (arctic or similar). 18 inch wheels quite shiny with a kind of magnesium tint to them, however i presume they are not mag. look too small tho compared to 19s, they fit perfect. front fogs and indicator housings look more rounded than i expected somehow. they say that output from 3.6 is 'expected' to be 345bhp for C2 and 'as much as' 380 for S. turbo expected to pump 450bhp and be released with cab late 2005 (thats what evo say). overall quite pleased with look but has to have 19s. hope power outputs for carreras are true.

also article just below about possibility of mid engined V8 (from cayenne) using technology from CGT. could be aimed at DB9, baby mclaren, gallardo etc.
Old 05-05-2004, 09:16 PM
Baron009
Pro

Wouldn't 19's be a bit heavy though. I think I'd rather just have 18's.
Old 05-06-2004, 12:36 AM
kauai_diver
Straight to Video
Rennlist Member

Thats great news sir, thank you!

Do you need an account to access the article?

Would it be possible to post it or some pics?

-Dekard
Old 05-06-2004, 08:16 AM
Luke R
3rd Gear

upon closer inspection, the pictures i think have turned out to be new pics that have been well photoshopped, gives you an idea though. the pictures and article are from an actual magazine and i have no way of getting them into a digital form, sorry! the only new thing ive seen is the new 18s which dont look too bad but just too small in the arches.

you can check the website www.evo.co.uk, but i dont think there is anything on there.

the magazine is very good and i recommend subscription. this month has four separate porsche stories! its as good as CAR magazine in my opinion and excludes the boring cars that i dont want to read about!

Quick Reply: Uncovered 997