Sponsored by:

2 honks, no locking

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2022, 05:06 PM
Malignancy
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2 honks, no locking

So hope I didn’t just F-up my car (997.1 T Cab).
I borrowed a durametric cable to change a couple of the features (seat belt chime, comfort windows, etc.). I made the changes and tried it out and now I get a double beep and no locking doors. Pretty sure I reversed everything back to OEM spec in the coding sections but the problem remains.

The window still don’t roll down but that’s the least of my concerns as a car won’t lock now.

All compartments are closed. Doors and lids closed. I do have an aftermarket stereo….
Any suggestions?
Old 08-31-2022, 06:42 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 603 Likes on 357 Posts

any chance you took any photos of the coding sections of the modules you coded? - esp the alarm module as that primarily controls locking/unlocking of the car.

i normally do this before making any changes - so it can all be reverted back to factory settings.

your comfort windows settings shouldn't effect anything even if coded improperly.... but the seat belt chime i have had to undo for a few cars as it does screw things up.

i would look for a turbo of a similar spec, and take photos of thier coding settings in the alarm/left door/right door modules as well as the module modified for the seat belt chime (cant recall which one) - and then compare the coding settings from there (while keeping in mind different options between your cars) one by one.

Originally Posted by Malignancy
So hope I didn’t just F-up my car (997.1 T Cab).
I borrowed a durametric cable to change a couple of the features (seat belt chime, comfort windows, etc.). I made the changes and tried it out and now I get a double beep and no locking doors. Pretty sure I reversed everything back to OEM spec in the coding sections but the problem remains.

The window still don’t roll down but that’s the least of my concerns as a car won’t lock now.

All compartments are closed. Doors and lids closed. I do have an aftermarket stereo….
Any suggestions?
Old 08-31-2022, 07:35 PM
Malignancy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by myw
any chance you took any photos of the coding sections of the modules you coded? - esp the alarm module as that primarily controls locking/unlocking of the car.

i normally do this before making any changes - so it can all be reverted back to factory settings.

your comfort windows settings shouldn't effect anything even if coded improperly.... but the seat belt chime i have had to undo for a few cars as it does screw things up.

i would look for a turbo of a similar spec, and take photos of thier coding settings in the alarm/left door/right door modules as well as the module modified for the seat belt chime (cant recall which one) - and then compare the coding settings from there (while keeping in mind different options between your cars) one by one.
I got it working! Thanks for the quick response. I have no idea why but the comfort setting somehow corrected the issue. That’s all I changed back. I’ve got the windows rolling down (can’t get them to roll up, same issue with my last 997.1 coupe) but now I can’t get the auto up function to work on the passenger side. Drivers works fine. I’m about to pull my hair out in frustration. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to my car’s programming. Morning makes sense.
The following users liked this post:
myw (08-31-2022)
Old 09-01-2022, 08:29 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,761 Likes on 4,302 Posts

1st rule of coding is to save the current settings before making any changes so you can always restore the original file. There's an option in the coding section of each module to create a backup. Am I correct in assuming you didn't do this? If you did, I'd restore the original file and start again which may behave differently than just changing then setting back.
The following users liked this post:
myw (09-01-2022)
Old 09-01-2022, 10:22 AM
Malignancy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Petza914
1st rule of coding is to save the current settings before making any changes so you can always restore the original file. There's an option in the coding section of each module to create a backup. Am I correct in assuming you didn't do this? If you did, I'd restore the original file and start again which may behave differently than just changing then setting back.
I made backups of each coding section before I started experimenting. Once I ran into the problem with the horn/not locking, I uploaded each backup and nothing changed. I then resorted to tinkering with each setting and somehow, after 3 hours and by the grace of God, managed to fix the issue.

I made the same changes in my 2007 997.1T coupe a few years ago without a hitch.
Old 09-01-2022, 10:50 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,761 Likes on 4,302 Posts

I made backups of each coding section before I started experimenting. Once I ran into the problem with the horn/not locking, I uploaded each backup and nothing changed. I then resorted to tinkering with each setting and somehow, after 3 hours and by the grace of God, managed to fix the issue.

I made the same changes in my 2007 997.1T coupe a few years ago without a hitch.
Good job. Sometimes you just need a little luck
Old 09-01-2022, 02:48 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Petza914
unfortunately this feature (at least for me) does not work. I just used the old school method + took the photos of the coding settings.
Old 09-01-2022, 02:54 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

you have an my07. my06+ onwards (unlike the 05s) have the same comfort window settings. this has to work as i have done the modification on my friends 07 turbo years ago.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...l#post12311390

Quick Reply: 2 honks, no locking