Sponsored by:

Coolant Hose Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2022, 06:42 PM
TerrestrialFlyte
Rennlist Member

Received 656 Likes on 367 Posts
Default Coolant Hose Help

Does anybody have any tips on how to remove these hoses with the Henn connections. I get that I need to pull the clip out, and I’ve been able to remove the ones where the female end is plastic. But I wanted to (or at least I thought I wanted to) refresh these hoses while I change my water pump, add a low temp t-stat, and 3rd radiator. I cannot for the life of me get them out where the female end is another aluminum hose/pipe. I bought 2 for underneath and 2 for in the engine bay and so far I’ve only been able to get one side of one hose off. Came off way easier than the other one, I wasn’t expecting it to come off that easy and ended up with a coolant bath. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-21-2022, 12:22 PM
TerrestrialFlyte
Rennlist Member

Received 656 Likes on 367 Posts

Solved. Maybe I was being a little too cautious with them because both the hoses and the hardlines they connect to are aluminum. I was also pretty sweaty and frustrated (70% humidity in central Texas mid-August will do that). I got a small flat tip in between the thin flanges on the hose and the hardline and slowly and methodically worked my way around as much as I could. Occasionally working from the slot where the Henn clip snaps in. I was able to “walk” the hoses out that way. I guess we’ll see if I bent/warped any of the hardline flanges too much when it’s all back together.
The following users liked this post:
jchapura (08-21-2022)

Quick Reply: Coolant Hose Help