Sponsored by:

997 Engine Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2022, 10:14 AM
ElSpoon958
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by rtl5009
I’m glad you are “lmao” at your own ignorance- Sorry bud- Your interpretation of what WMI isn’t correct. WMI primary function is literally to prevent detonation. A high octane fuel does this by itself, and is way more robust to dial in lambda.

WMI is a substitute where other fueling options aren’t available.

E85 will actually let you get past MBT and lay on all the timing you will even need. Ms109 will do the same just much more expensive.

when I used to be into built Audis (b5 s4) I would only be able to peak out at 17-19 degrees and on e I would be able to lay it on 33-34 with literally zero pull with factory knock calibrations
My points exactly. There ARE benefits to things like E85 or methanol injection. And it's a great way to like you say, add timing, maybe kick up the boost 1-2 more psi, and squeeze more power out of an otherwise more or less stock setup (not changing out turbos or doing any engine work). Bang for your buck, it's hard to beat. And I plan to run full methanol injection. I just needed a tuner who knew how to tune for it, or wasn't afraid of it giving me some silly reasoning about it taking up space in the combustion chamber. Yeah, it burns in the combustion chamber, duh! lol
Old 08-25-2022, 10:16 AM
bgoetz
Three Wheelin'

Received 391 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by rtl5009
I’m glad you are “lmao” at your own ignorance- Sorry bud- Your interpretation of what WMI isn’t correct. WMI primary function is literally to prevent detonation. A high octane fuel does this by itself, and is way more robust to dial in lambda.

WMI is a substitute where other fueling options aren’t available.

E85 will actually let you get past MBT and lay on all the timing you will even need. Ms109 will do the same just much more expensive.

when I used to be into built Audis (b5 s4) I would only be able to peak out at 17-19 degrees and on e I would be able to lay it on 33-34 with literally zero pull with factory knock calibrations

Dude don’t feed the pigeons! This guy is a crack pot who has already dropped five 1,000 word turds on this post, you just caused another 😂
The following users liked this post:
rtl5009 (08-25-2022)
Old 08-25-2022, 11:40 AM
ElSpoon958
Racer

Originally Posted by bgoetz
Dude don’t feed the pigeons! This guy is a crack pot who has already dropped five 1,000 word turds on this post, you just caused another 😂
Yeah, I'm a crackpot! Cuz I dared to challenge the backwards logic of methanol injected in the combustion chamber.
Love the friendly support guy! 😆😂
Old 08-25-2022, 12:54 PM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Received 1,042 Likes on 560 Posts

Why are you here?

Seriously?
The following 2 users liked this post by Prairiedawg:
ElSpoon958 (08-25-2022), rtl5009 (08-25-2022)
Old 08-25-2022, 01:23 PM
bgoetz
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Prairiedawg
Why are you here?

Seriously?
He struggles to let things go, he is the kinda guy who has a “list” and we are probably currently being added.
The following 2 users liked this post by bgoetz:
ElSpoon958 (08-25-2022), linderpat (08-27-2022)
Old 08-25-2022, 01:25 PM
sburke91
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 103 Posts

Is it possible to request that someone be banned from a specific forum?
ElSpoon958 (08-25-2022)
Old 08-25-2022, 02:13 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,460 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Originally Posted by sburke91
All you can do is click on "report post: in the lower left of a post (the red triangle) and tell the moderators why.

Otherwise, since I am here I may as well chime in. I have used Softronic tunes on my 991.2 and current 718 and I have nothing but good things to say about his tunes and customer service. Scott has personally helped with several things I wanted to do and he has done the same for many more here on Rennlist.
bgoetz (08-25-2022)
Old 08-25-2022, 02:21 PM
ElSpoon958
Racer

Originally Posted by Prairiedawg
Why are you here?

Seriously?
Where, this forum or this particular thread? For one, I'm a huge car enthusiast. I enjoy being part of the "online community" of whatever vehicle platform I own and am working on at any particular time. Why does anyone join a forum? I'm here for the same reasons. To share & gain knowledge. To share and gain information related to our specific vehicles. To make a build thread and document progress as I try to build out and add custom upgrades to my vehicle platform. I'd like to think I'm here for many of the same reasons we are all here. Forgive me for very simply responding to the call-out lengthy post by Scott aka Softronic. I wasn't the one who wrote a long, drawn-out response first. I was merely responding to HIS long drawn-out post crying about how great of a tuner he is and how awful and terrible methanol injection is because he never took the time to learn how to properly utilize it, as I've documented its benefits have been widely exercised across many, many other aftermarket tuning platforms. Porsche is no different and doesn't run on some special magical fairy unicorn fuel. Forgive me for very simply pointing out the fallacies and inaccuracies in the statement about "taking up space in the combustion chamber". I don't think it's good that a vendor who purports himself to be some grand master ECU tuner is out here taking money from people and giving out bad advice about KNOWN benefits adding things like methanol injection. I implore you and anyone who doesn't fully understand what it is to research it a bit more before criticizing me for being a supporter of it.

He struggles to let things go, he is the kinda guy who has a “list” and we are probably currently being added.
Yes, you know me sooooo well! Lol, I don't have the time to have any kind of list you speak of. Again, I was merely responding to the long, drawn-out nasty post by Scott who makes it his mission seemingly to follow me around on every forum to find any time I post anything about Softronic and has a hissy fit that someone dares have a different opinion about his prowess as a tuner. Obviously, he lacks confidence in his tuning abilities and/or his past customer success stories, otherwise, he wouldn't feel the need to attack me every time I post something because he'd know it's a bunch of hot air and that he doesn't have to prove anything by arguing with someone on the internet. Alas, it's evident that he "feels some type of way" about things, hence the drama.

Should I add the fact that he took it a step further and had to call my current, chosen tuner and cause even more drama by whining to him about how I was saying "mean nasty things about Softronic on the interwebs"? I mean, talk about taking time out of your day, sheesh. I guess if that's his only source of business, getting one over on guys who don't know any better about things like methanol injection on vehicles. I don't know.

You must also be a fan of cancel culture, I assume? Just silence those you don't like to hear from, yeah?

Look, I can accept that this particular thread is probably not the place to be talking about my experience in trying to source a tuner for my Cayenne Turbo as this is a 997 Engine Tuning thread. That's fair enough. But to have these calls for my head when I was responding to Scott's call out, and I was trying to shed some light on the inaccuracy of the claim that there is no potential benefit(s) to be gained by adding a water/meth injection because that's simply just not true.

I'll leave you with this article about a FI Camaro that gained 90hp alone just from the addition of water/methanol and proper ECU tuning. I am not making this up. I'd love to see Scott's response to how awful that water/meth was "taking up space in the combustion chamber" on that Camaro, for example. LOL!

We Gain Almost 90 HP With Snow Performance Water Methanol Injection

I'll gracefully bow out at this time and let you guys go back to loving Softronic and being mad I pulled the wizard of Oz curtain back a bit on this guy who thinks he's God's gift to tuning Porsche ECUs.
Old 08-25-2022, 02:24 PM
ElSpoon958
Racer

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
All you can do is click on "report post: in the lower left of a post (the red triangle) and tell the moderators why.

Otherwise, since I am here I may as well chime in. I have used Softronic tunes on my 991.2 and current 718 and I have nothing but good things to say about his tunes and customer service. Scott has personally helped with several things I wanted to do and he has done the same for many more here on Rennlist.
And what are you going to tell the moderators? That I was lying about the benefits of water methanol? That I was making up a story about Softronic and I's offline interactions? Because neither of that would be true or accurate.

Did I call someone nasty names? Did I dox someone? Did I post inappropriate and lewd comments, photos, or curse words?

I mean really guys. What kind of world do you live in?

What did Elon Musk say recently, something about "free speech is letting people you don't like be able to say things that you don't like".

Unless I'm calling for violence or doing something wildly inappropriate, I don't know what you would be crying to the moderators about, except for the mere fact that I was trying to stick up for myself. Sheesh.
Old 08-25-2022, 02:27 PM
sburke91
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ElSpoon958
Where, this forum or this particular thread? For one, I'm a huge car enthusiast. I enjoy being part of the "online community" of whatever vehicle platform I own and am working on at any particular time.
That's the point--you're not, you're spamming the 997 forum your experiences with your Cayenne. Some good stuff in your rather lengthy volumes, but not topical.

Originally Posted by ElSpoon958
You must also be a fan of cancel culture, I assume? Just silence those you don't like to hear from, yeah?
Not at all, but I prefer subforums to stay on topic, both for the sanity of those that participate in the community and so that future searches return relevant content. Opine all you want, BUT DO IT IN THE RIGHT SUBFORUM.
Old 08-25-2022, 02:39 PM
ElSpoon958
Racer

Originally Posted by Softronic
Its a good thing you didn't want to bash a tuner you never used LOL. This is also a 997 thread and not Cayenne... Yes you did call me and asked if I would make a file for your Cayenne with WMI and I did say I didn't want to. You make many assumptions in your post from just a phone call on a company you had no other experience with on their qualifications. Its not that I don't have the knowledge and it doesn't require more to yet didn't want to start tuning a Cayenne that doesn't need it and often leads to more issues when the customer doesn't know how to set it up etc. There is no substitute for the correct fueling as WMI was often used with people that would buy 91 fuel and wanted to run 93 octane files. While you could run the 93 file it would still not generate the same HP as WMI takes up space in the combustion chamber..... At least all meth burns yet has other issues with AL and takes 25% more to equal petrol.
Best,
Scott
PS: Scott, I think you might have gotten me mixed up with another person because we never spoke on the phone, sir. Our only brief exchange was via email. You never said flat out that you "didn't want to" make a file for my vehicle with WMI. And I have the receipts to prove it. I can post the email exchange, back and forth. At no point did you ever say you "didn't want to" work with me. You merely said you did not recommend WMI. Again, as I've said, that's fine if you don't like it or don't know how to properly tune it. But don't lie to me and others. There was no phone call, so you're wrong there. And you're wrong about telling me you didn't want to work with me. That's not how the conversation went.

Just please stop lying.

#thetruth
Old 08-25-2022, 02:41 PM
ElSpoon958
Racer

That's the point--you're not, you're spamming the 997 forum your experiences with your Cayenne. Some good stuff in your rather lengthy volumes, but not topical.

Not at all, but I prefer subforums to stay on topic, both for the sanity of those that participate in the community and so that future searches return relevant content. Opine all you want, BUT DO IT IN THE RIGHT SUBFORUM.
I wouldn't call it spam. That would be like I was completely hijacking and derailing the topic entirely. The OP asked about engine tuning. People chimed in. As did I. Then it devolved into this nonsense where my virtual head is being called for. Like, come on. Really?

They say people who have a negative experience with a business are more likely to tell 10 of their friends about it vs when they have a positive experience. Something about human nature, I suppose.
Old 08-25-2022, 02:43 PM
bgoetz
Three Wheelin'

I am not sure what I am witnessing 🥴
Old 08-25-2022, 02:56 PM
sburke91
Rennlist Member

I am not sure what I am witnessing 🥴

Old 08-25-2022, 03:03 PM