Received 62 Likes on 37 Posts

Have had a few folks ask for instructions: See here
The following users liked this post:
jbkusa (08-02-2022)
Old 10-12-2022, 02:27 PM
HeavyKnobs
Former Vendor

Sorry for the leave of absence here. There were delays with suppliers restocking, and stepping away from the project for a moment.

Still have a handful of sets left, some of which are going out this week if you want to be included. Please reach out to contact@heavyknobs.com

Thanks!
Old 10-18-2022, 11:06 PM
porkster
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Got mine from Asim and installed it today. While in pictures they seemed like cheap or crude-- during the installation process they were anything but well thought out parts. Kudos to Asim for the R&D. When I put them into my shift ****, you can tell that they fit exact and as snug as possible. I still needed to put painters tape over everything to prevent any rattle just like the PDF showed but no big deal.

I had to remove my **** since the leather top portion would not slide out, but in doing so, the foam insides of the plastic shifter rod seemed to have dislodged. I am trying to pick it out so that it does not interfere with the height positioning of the **** in putting it back on the shifter rod.

My setup is the full Numeric kit with the cables. Initially after having the Numeric installed, I felt that the shifting requires significantly more effort than the stock setup, despite being much more accurate and mechanical. Have yet to install the **** back in the car but am hoping the weights will return some of the relaxed shifting. Mechanical rifle bolt is cool and all, but sometimes you just want to have a calm conversation with your wife when driving to an evening dinner. Will update after I reinstall the **** and take it out for a spin.

Old 10-19-2022, 12:50 PM
MrMoose
Burning Brakes

Received 391 Likes on 271 Posts

I got a set a few months ago. They were nicely made and easy to install. Nice job with the design work!

Only issue I ran into (and this is specific to my car, not an issue with the product) is I have an aftermarket resin shift **** insert so the top round weight wouldn't fit. I could've just left it out, but I shaved 1/4" off the top of the weight to make clearance.
Old 10-20-2022, 09:53 AM
HeavyKnobs
Former Vendor

Appreciate the ongoing feedback as always.

Regarding the Numeric shifter - I wrote about the different "levels" of improvement one can expect depending on what has been done so far on your car:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...l#post17462062
Old 11-13-2022, 11:37 AM
HeavyKnobs
Former Vendor

Last four sets remaining for the year.

Quick Reply: Heavy Knobs: Back in stock for 2022!