Sponsored by:

High pitched buzzing sound

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2020, 01:09 AM
Marks911porsche
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry High pitched buzzing sound

Hi All. I am new to this. My 2005 997 cab has a rattling/buzzing sound that seems to be coming from behind the centre consul. Behind the radio or AC panel. Shop said they could find nothing wrong. Any suggestions before I take a baseball bat to it. Its driving me crazy and ruing every drive.
Old 03-29-2020, 01:38 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,761 Likes on 4,302 Posts

Originally Posted by Marks911porsche
Hi All. I am new to this. My 2005 997 cab has a rattling/buzzing sound that seems to be coming from behind the centre consul. Behind the radio or AC panel. Shop said they could find nothing wrong. Any suggestions before I take a baseball bat to it. Its driving me crazy and ruing every drive.
Best thing to do is take a video, post it to YoutTube and then share the link here so we can hear the sounds you're referring to.
Old 03-29-2020, 11:47 PM
Marks911porsche
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
Best thing to do is take a video, post it to YoutTube and then share the link here so we can hear the sounds you're referring to.
Thanks Petza914.
Appreciate the advice. Tried the video but the background noise made the buzzing sound to difficult to hear. I think it’s back to the shop for me. I’ll have to throw some money at it and hopefully it will get resolved. Many thanks once again
Old 03-30-2020, 12:20 PM
jchapura
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 112 Posts

I think there's something you can try. You'll need a partner in the cab with you or driving for you.

While someone else is driving:
-Establish the conditions that make it buzz the loudest.
-Try to isolate the sound. Move your ear close to surfaces and areas. You can also try a mechanics stethoscope.
-After isolating a potential source, apply pressure to surfaces to see if it affects the volume or pitch of the sound.

After isolation you can then see what solutions are available - add foam backing, tighten a screw, caulking, separating items, parts replacement, etc.
The following users liked this post:
tegraphile (10-09-2023)

Quick Reply: High pitched buzzing sound