Sponsored by:

Amazon Prime Day - WERA tool sets 50% off - "Unaffiliated*"

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 10:16 AM
MexicoBlueTurboS
Burning Brakes

Received 227 Likes on 134 Posts
Default Amazon Prime Day - WERA tool sets 50% off - "Unaffiliated*"

Basically a good selection of Wera tool sets, screw drivers and joker ratchets are on sale with Amazon Prime and an additional 20% off.

About 17 hours remaining

Amazon Amazon

As an example the $200 1/4" set is now $145 - MSRP is $338 - so less than 50%

Don't just select the first link you see - look for the ones with "Save 20% at checkout" The reduction won't show until you're about to pay.

I ended up getting the 3/8 and 1/2 plus the joker set and the screwdrivers.

*Unaffiliated other than the marriage proposals I've sent to MacKenzie Bezos.
The following users liked this post:
MDMX997 (07-16-2019)
Old 07-16-2019, 12:05 PM
Ohio Performance
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 189 Likes on 77 Posts

Thanks!
Old 07-16-2019, 12:21 PM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 349 Likes on 230 Posts

Are these really that much better than husky or craftsman? No experience with them. Don’t mind paying for quality but there Seems to be a diminishing return on paying for nicer tools.
Old 07-16-2019, 12:35 PM
MexicoBlueTurboS
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by kellen
Are these really that much better than husky or craftsman? No experience with them. Don’t mind paying for quality but there Seems to be a diminishing return on paying for nicer tools.
Kellen - I don't know that for certain. I have a few Proto torque wrenches because that's a critical tool. I also have the $99 craftsman set that has served me well but it is worn out - a few lost pieces and from forum reads, when you go for a replacement it will come from China now. And that's even if Sears continues to exist.

I have one Snap-on spanner and in my life in heaven I'd go all Snap-on. At the same time I am tired of chasing the 'best' of everything. I've done it with too many areas of my life, clothing, wine, brandy, armagnac, firearms, photography gear, etc. Obviously there is no 'best' and what one really needs are things that fit in with their budget and use profile. Honestly, a guy like me is better off investing in Fidelity Platinum warranty than a Snap-on tool box.

With all of that said I did receive the first 1/4 inch set and it does give one that 'kid on christmas morning' feeling. You know.. when you want to go around the house finding things to fix and tighten? They're that good.

Buy them - if you don't like them or see the value you can return them. Use them a while and change your mind? They can probably be sold later for what you paid for them today.

If the ex Mrs Bezos accepts my offer I will be getting the full snap on set just because it will look so good in photos of my La Voiture Noire.
Old 07-16-2019, 01:21 PM
MDMX997
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MexicoBlueTurboS
Kellen - I don't know that for certain. I have a few Proto torque wrenches because that's a critical tool. I also have the $99 craftsman set that has served me well but it is worn out - a few lost pieces and from forum reads, when you go for a replacement it will come from China now. And that's even if Sears continues to exist.

I have one Snap-on spanner and in my life in heaven I'd go all Snap-on. At the same time I am tired of chasing the 'best' of everything. I've done it with too many areas of my life, clothing, wine, brandy, armagnac, firearms, photography gear, etc. Obviously there is no 'best' and what one really needs are things that fit in with their budget and use profile. Honestly, a guy like me is better off investing in Fidelity Platinum warranty than a Snap-on tool box.

With all of that said I did receive the first 1/4 inch set and it does give one that 'kid on christmas morning' feeling. You know.. when you want to go around the house finding things to fix and tighten? They're that good.

Buy them - if you don't like them or see the value you can return them. Use them a while and change your mind? They can probably be sold later for what you paid for them today.

If the ex Mrs Bezos accepts my offer I will be getting the full snap on set just because it will look so good in photos of my La Voiture Noire.
You're bad influence! I just parted with $400.
MexicoBlueTurboS (07-16-2019)
Old 07-16-2019, 01:36 PM
MexicoBlueTurboS
Burning Brakes

@MDMX997 You may hate me today but there are many days in the years ahead when you will want to thank me.

I felt that way towards the original OP in the other thread - even asked everyone, "please don't place any more shiny objects in front of the primate."

In a blatant show of contempt for my bad jokes and presence in the forum they posted $20,000 tool sets that are micro polished with the discarded foreskins of German männliches Kind.

You won't find that kind of craftsmanship outside of the old country.

Old 07-16-2019, 05:32 PM
MexicoBlueTurboS
Burning Brakes

Bumping as a public service - about 10.5 hours left.
Old 07-16-2019, 06:37 PM
sbbarnett
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Got the Jokers
MexicoBlueTurboS (07-16-2019)
Old 07-16-2019, 08:23 PM
hlee96
Rennlist Member

Received 196 Likes on 124 Posts

Also a happy customer to the Joker set.

thanks!
Old 07-17-2019, 12:04 AM
gbakerge
Racer

Received 128 Likes on 77 Posts

I was given a Wera ratchet set a few years ago as a gift from a friend in Germany. They are excellent. Obviously a bit expensive, but the quality and feel are amazing.
MexicoBlueTurboS (07-17-2019)

Quick Reply: Amazon Prime Day - WERA tool sets 50% off - "Unaffiliated*"