Notices
997 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Emblem

 
Old 07-12-2019, 05:04 PM
  #31  
MexicoBlueTurboS
User
 
MexicoBlueTurboS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Texas
Posts: 839
Received 141 Likes on 82 Posts
Default

Pete - pretty sure we're talking about the same guy. Jim @ carreraeast I like the ones you have had made.

You think the "all blue" is too much ?
MexicoBlueTurboS is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 05:32 PM
  #32  
MarkinMD
User
 
MarkinMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Frederick County, MD
Posts: 169
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 911 badge

I chose to go "vintage" with an OEM 911E badge. I cut off the E and the mounting pins and attached it with 3M badge tape. Put it on about 5 years ago. It is a little small for the car, but I like the classic Porsche font.

Classic 911 badge on 2010 C2.
MarkinMD is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 05:33 PM
  #33  
Steph1
User
 
Steph1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 267
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by rwdds View Post
I like adding black elements to the Meteor Grey body color, but went with a red plastidip color change for the original badging. I'm considering redoing it in black for a year to see how that goes...
I agree that black would look better especially with the darker tail lights. Otherwise the red of the lights would marry it.
Steph1 is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 05:46 PM
  #34  
Petza914
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Petza914's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Clemson, SC
Posts: 11,165
Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MexicoBlueTurboS View Post
Pete - pretty sure we're talking about the same guy. Jim @ carreraeast I like the ones you have had made.

You think the "all blue" is too much ?
Yes, your probably right as his name is Jim.

I think the all blue won't look as good as the two-tone. I've seen all black cerakote on a black car and didn't like it as much. The second color should match the wheels or inside headlight color or similar to tie it all together.

This is what I did on the Cayenne where the silver body accents go with the headlight insides and why I chose silver wheels.
Petza914 is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 07:48 PM
  #35  
Anesthesia911
User
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 27
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default


Anesthesia911 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
myw (07-14-2019)
Old 07-13-2019, 07:54 PM
  #36  
Rogueman1
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Rogueman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Palos Verdes
Posts: 97
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default

I prefer the original silver color on a dark car and black on a light colored car. I don't really like the mixed silver with red "S" so much. I thought about doing it because I have black and the red actually looks pretty good on the black but I kind of like the original silver. I like some of the originality here when it comes to changing the actual wording etc. but again, I'm just liking the purist look.

Rogueman1 is offline  
Old 07-13-2019, 08:17 PM
  #37  
Dial430
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Dial430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Glenview, IL
Posts: 17
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Plasti dip rear emblem


Plasti dipped Carrera black and S red
I modified my emblem with black and red plasti dip. Th black Carrera goes well with the black paint, better than the brushed metal look of the original emblem and I like the pop of the red S.
Dial430 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Gmanscott (07-15-2019)
Old 07-14-2019, 05:27 PM
  #38  
myw
Super User
 
myw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 4,037
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

the problem with the aesthetic on this one is that it isnt executed correctly

- the P O R S C H E letters are measured from the top of the decklid here - if you look at the car from the back the word will be slanting downwards (frowning)
- Carrera is a tad too high
- the S was put on as an after thought, without repositioning the Carrera to the left
- the red S is 997 sized, its around 30% larger then the 991 sized badging and is out of alignment

alot of creative ideas can work, they just need to be executed properly via an oem, cleaner, lined-up approach imho.

Originally Posted by boxtaboy View Post
When I was first looking for my 997S, I saw this pic below of a car nearby me that was for sale. One look at that, and I was like, NO! It’s trying too hard to look like the newer model...either that or a ricer with Christmas lights.

myw is offline  
Old 07-14-2019, 05:28 PM
  #39  
myw
Super User
 
myw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 4,037
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

black all the way.

Originally Posted by boxtaboy View Post
I think black Carrera S lettering would go better with your blackout look. The bumperettes...are they a darker shade of grey than the rest of the car? They stand out.
myw is offline  
Old 07-14-2019, 06:24 PM
  #40  
boxtaboy
User
 
boxtaboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 251
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by myw View Post
the problem with the aesthetic on this one is that it isnt executed correctly

- the P O R S C H E letters are measured from the top of the decklid here - if you look at the car from the back the word will be slanting downwards (frowning)
- Carrera is a tad too high
- the S was put on as an after thought, without repositioning the Carrera to the left
- the red S is 997 sized, its around 30% larger then the 991 sized badging and is out of alignment

alot of creative ideas can work, they just need to be executed properly via an oem, cleaner, lined-up approach imho.
You’re right that the placing is wrong on that example, but I still think that 2 rows of writing on the back lid of the 997 is kinda too busy looking. JMHO.
boxtaboy is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Magnus Rostadmo (07-21-2019)
Old 07-14-2019, 06:45 PM
  #41  
HLCinCOU
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 129
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MexicoBlueTurboS View Post
Pete - pretty sure we're talking about the same guy. Jim @ carreraeast I like the ones you have had made.

You think the "all blue" is too much ?
Forgive me for a totally silly concern about your crest quest. But I would note that the crest is a combination of two coats-of-arms, and that color is quite important in heraldry. If you go changing the colors on the crest, it just fundamentally isn't the Württemberg-Hohenzollern + Stuttgart design anymore.

As I said, that's a bit ridiculous, so feel free to do whatever you think looks good.
HLCinCOU is offline  
Old 07-14-2019, 06:49 PM
  #42  
HLCinCOU
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 129
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default

Meanwhile, my 997.2 has the stock "Carrera 4S" badging, and I intend to keep it. It's not about looks, really, but identification. If someone sees a 911 and doesn't immediately know it's a 911, that person also doesn't care. So the straight 911 badge doesn't do anything functional. Same story with the P O R S C H E lettering. By contrast, I regularly see a 911 and wonder which sub-model it is; the badging quickly explains it to me and I can be all like "oh, a 4 GTS...nifty" or whatever.

That said, lots of the examples above look great. Do what you feel...

Last edited by HLCinCOU; 07-14-2019 at 07:12 PM.
HLCinCOU is offline  
Old 07-14-2019, 07:57 PM
  #43  
stripersteve
User
 
stripersteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: rhode Island
Posts: 34
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by HLCinCOU View Post
Meanwhile, my 997.2 has the stock "Carrera 4S" badging, and I intend to keep it. It's not about looks, really, but identification. If someone sees a 911 and doesn't immediately know it's a 911, that person also doesn't care. So the straight 911 badge doesn't do anything functional. Same story with the P O R S C H E lettering. By contrast, I regularly see a 911 and wonder which sub-model it is; the badging quickly explains it to me and I can be all like "oh, a 4 GTS...nifty" or whatever.

That said, lots of the examples above look great. Do what you feel...

+1. I like the stock badging on the c4s . Not too much- not too little. All in one line, and seems to balance well....
stripersteve is offline  
Old 07-14-2019, 08:06 PM
  #44  
dynemd
User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Santa Barbara
Posts: 35
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by HLCinCOU View Post
Forgive me for a totally silly concern about your crest quest. But I would note that the crest is a combination of two coats-of-arms, and that color is quite important in heraldry. If you go changing the colors on the crest, it just fundamentally isn't the Württemberg-Hohenzollern + Stuttgart design anymore.

As I said, that's a bit ridiculous, so feel free to do whatever you think looks good.
I get it, but a gold crest with red does not go with my silver car at all. I've got one from Carrera East on both my 996 and 997- all black. I;m thinking about the nickel plate and black/silver though.
dynemd is offline  
Old 07-14-2019, 08:12 PM
  #45  
North Shore 911
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
North Shore 911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Glencoe, IL
Posts: 472
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by stripersteve View Post
+1. I like the stock badging on the c4s . Not too much- not too little. All in one line, and seems to balance well....
I’m with StriperSteve .... I like the overall dimensions and placement of the model designation on our 997’s, although I did add just a LITTLE bling to the stock badging on my 4S Cab

North Shore 911 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: