2007 C2S

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 12:27 AM
speakerguy88
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Default 2007 C2S

So here is my story..
After several months of looking at BAT, Auto Trader & cars.com, I finally found 1 original owner 07 C2s, blk/blk/6 spd MT,
5 hours from me. 1 Owner/Driver since new 23 pages of Dealer work over the years. FFWD to a couple weeks later after making a deal on a price seller agrees to have Porsche Dealer perform Major Service, Oil Change & Certify which will include a 2yr CPO warranty from any NA P Dealer. Had to buy thru dealer as the seller is buying a new car & he can get some tax advantages..... after awaiting 10 days....car was serviced on 5/29 & I took train from Toronto to go pick it up on 5/31. Arrived in Ottawa at around 1:00 & was on my way home to Toronto around 2:30 in my, new to me, 997.1 with 46,065 Km's. Drove home the 450Km's getting to learn my first 911 purchase. No issues. Drove, sounded & looked great. got home around 8 & spent an hour or so in the garage ...admiring. up at 6 next morning driving....& driving.
During the 1st week of driving engine light came & went a couple times. Also during this initial 'learn' of the 911 antics I had thought that I was not matching revs to gear & was causing some initial bogging & stuttering for a few secs in certain situations. Turns out car was misfiring slightly due to coil issues. After about 900 Km's the engine light came & stayed on after a spirited drive. Still drove another 500K's with engine light on thinking it would go away. Had already made an appointment with North York Porsche due to seeing the light come & go...Take it in & leave it for its appointment 6/12 & as soon as the service guy called advising that the 3 coils on 1 side were cracked, I immediately realized the stuttering & mis match of revs - gear was actually this thing misfiring They changed all 6 coils under CPO. After the service today, It is another car altogether. It was already amazing prior to going in....
i am really enjoying this S.
Looking for some Carrera sport 2 or Ruger Mesh 19" rims or similar in grey/matte black. Prefer not to use spacers.

Last edited by speakerguy88; 08-16-2019 at 05:10 PM.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:58 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,006 Likes on 714 Posts

Congratulations on your new ride. Glad to hear you got it to where it should be to make it justice. Just curious, what do you have against wheel spacers? Greatly improves the stance (especially if lowered) and the 997 GT3 came with spacers from the factory so it's not like it's some extreme after market mod that Porsche recommends against. Just have to make sure you get the longer wheel bolts to go along with them. They came with every spacer set I bought so shouldn't be an issue.
Old 06-13-2019, 02:11 AM
dynemd
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

20,000 miles wow, barely broken in. Looks great. I just purchased a 2008 C2S with 53,000 miles and the first thing I did was change out the coils packs for the newer style along with plugs, fluids and filters. I also swapped out those orange front side markers as most people do. Have fun!
Old 06-13-2019, 08:14 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,140 Likes on 3,913 Posts

Congrats on your new car. Looks great.

Playing Devils Advocate here, misfires from coil packs on just 3 of them and all on the same side or bank leads me to believe your problems are not completely behind you. Was it cylinders 4, 5, and 6 or the passenger side?

Whenever something happens on all 3 cylinders on only 1 side of the motor, it's usually a failure of something common to that bank but not the other. Cam position sensors can fail intermittently before they finally fail which could cause that, an intake manifold leak on that side is another possibility. If the CEL comes back on you need to do a compression test on the cylinders, explore camshaft deviation numbers with a Durametric or PIWIS and a couple other things. In the meantime, keep an eye on the left tailpipes to see if they're getting dirtier/sootier than the right side (providing you have the OEM exhaust with the crossover cats).
Old 06-13-2019, 05:36 PM
speakerguy88
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
Congrats on your new car. Looks great.

Playing Devils Advocate here, misfires from coil packs on just 3 of them and all on the same side or bank leads me to believe your problems are not completely behind you. Was it cylinders 4, 5, and 6 or the passenger side?

Whenever something happens on all 3 cylinders on only 1 side of the motor, it's usually a failure of something common to that bank but not the other. Cam position sensors can fail intermittently before they finally fail which could cause that, an intake manifold leak on that side is another possibility. If the CEL comes back on you need to do a compression test on the cylinders, explore camshaft deviation numbers with a Durametric or PIWIS and a couple other things. In the meantime, keep an eye on the left tailpipes to see if they're getting dirtier/sootier than the right side (providing you have the OEM exhaust with the crossover cats).

Thanks for the advice. I will certainly keep an eye on things & speak to the SA about that possibility. I cleaned the exhaust tips when i got car & am watching for extra soot on left....
At least there is a record on file in case of a CPO thing during the next 24 months. ....Looking at the work order it states that all 6 coils had outdated part numbers & cracks. Looks like these coils were the originals

Quick Reply: 2007 C2S