Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 09:59 AM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,417 Likes on 859 Posts
Default Fuel! Ethanol and Shell-V Power

I love this guy.....

BTW, my dear wife notices a difference between Sunoco (now owned by 7 Eleven) and Shell. I have now using only Shell (good gas nearest us). I never asked her about it, I just told her (ooops um... "asked" her) to start using Shell.... I told her it has additives that keep the engine clean whereas the Sunoco does not. The other day, she said the car seems to have more power on Shell! Hmm....

I can;t say my car runs "better" on Shell compared to other good gasses, but I definitly know my Porsche 2009 C2S runs odd on Sunoco.... There is a stretch on the ShureKill expressway here in Philly where if it is jammed, and you are low on gas, there is only one oasis and it is Sunoco... So whenever I get stuck and need to fuel there... my C2S definitly does not run as well.

Peace
Bruce in Philly

Shell Nitro vs Cheap Gas

Ethanol... good or bad

Engineering Exlplained
Old 05-25-2019, 12:16 PM
Carerra
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for this
Old 05-25-2019, 01:39 PM
MexicoBlueTurboS
Burning Brakes

Received 227 Likes on 134 Posts

I am a died in the wool Chevron Techron addict but when making a cross country trip you don't always have a choice.

I filled up my 2011 TTS at a Shell station and really noticed a difference. I am very open to Shell now and where I live I have a higher confidence that the nearest Shell does a better job at turning over Premium than the nearest Chevron.

Next fill will be at Shell.
Old 05-25-2019, 02:09 PM
cwheeler
Three Wheelin'

Received 372 Likes on 268 Posts

And in the latest LN news letter or perhaps Charles post somewhere on here, that he too recommends Shell V-power. Must be something to it.

Cw
Old 05-25-2019, 07:56 PM
aaks38
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Funny your wife noticed as mine does as well, so I run Shell 93 in her GTI frequently. No doubt Shell has a better additive package. The closest ive found to Shell performance is chevron and costco gas.

Quick Reply: Fuel! Ethanol and Shell-V Power