Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Cars value...

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 12:39 PM
drivrswntd
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm jumping in the $50-55k camp. All it is missing is aerokit in my eyes and it is ultimate spec.
Old 05-16-2019, 05:24 PM
C4SDayton
Pro

Received 57 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by lebby83
Mid 50's thru a Porsche dealer.
A year later, private sale and a couple thousand miles, I'd say it's worth a couple or few thousand less than you paid. From hunting last year I'd agree 50-55k is a good range if you fix any dents and service is pretty up to date.
Old 05-16-2019, 05:46 PM
speakerguy88
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

take your chances with BAT...I just bought an 07 c2s with 10k more miles from original owner for higher end of $50 & another few grand for CPO from Porsche Dealer with a 2 yr warranty. Guy i bought from is getting a new 992 & i had to buy his thru his Dealer so he can save some tax.....
Old 05-17-2019, 09:33 AM
lebby83
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
Don't bother with your own PPI. The buyer will likely do his own anyway and many buyers will discount a seller's PPI, not knowing the relationship they may have with the place that did it and if they're trying to conceal something. No return on investment of that PPI money.

Good luck with the sale.
Thanks - this makes sense and appreciate the comment.

Appreciated all the other comments as well. There is now a chance that my brothers business partner is going to buy the car which will make everything really easy - and I'll be able to see/drive the car when I visit. If not, you'll probably see it on BAT in the near future.
Old 05-17-2019, 09:44 AM
fast1
Race Car

Received 220 Likes on 146 Posts

Thanks - this makes sense and appreciate the comment.

Appreciated all the other comments as well. There is now a chance that my brothers business partner is going to buy the car which will make everything really easy - and I'll be able to see/drive the car when I visit. If not, you'll probably see it on BAT in the near future.
Just curious. You owned the car less than ten months and drove it for only 2K miles. What prompted you to sell?
Old 05-17-2019, 10:13 AM
lebby83
Advanced

Originally Posted by fast1
Just curious. You owned the car less than ten months and drove it for only 2K miles. What prompted you to sell?
I love the car, but I don't drive her enough. A big part of it is I can't drive her to work and I miss having something I can drive more (and to work) during the week and enjoy. Also with some life changes I decided to try and cut my payments in half. Not sure what she will be replaced with yet.
Old 05-17-2019, 01:06 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 220 Likes on 146 Posts

I love the car, but I don't drive her enough. A big part of it is I can't drive her to work and I miss having something I can drive more (and to work) during the week and enjoy. Also with some life changes I decided to try and cut my payments in half. Not sure what she will be replaced with yet.
OK thanks and it makes sense. Buying a Porsche is in many cases an emotional decision, and many times after the passage of time reason prevails. Best of luck.
Old 05-19-2019, 03:22 PM
lebby83
Advanced

Here are some quick pictures of the dent, which now I realize is really small and not very noticble. Almost looks like a crease. Also, and I can’t say for certain without a paint meter, but I think someone might have attempted to fix something... the feel of the paint doesn’t feel like the other panels. It could be just as simple as putting a clay bar to it. No evenidense of history of paintwork that I know of... but you never know. I’ll probably end up fixing it and refinishing the whole rear bumper to get it looking right, it was my plan anyway at some point to get it done If my brothers partner ends up taking it, I know I won’t have to worry about it. Thanks for letting me ramble. Ha

Quick Reply: My Cars value...