Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997 Sold---> 1980 911SC Arrived Late Last Night--->997 Content

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 12:04 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,427 Likes on 2,700 Posts

Appreciate the offer Kellen but I just don't like the idea of paying for storage in a newer building with a tight/open space parking garage or storing my car away from my house.
The newer Seattle buildings have small/narrow parking spaces next to one another and I'd be too concerned about door dings or someone hitting the car pulling in an out - People these days are uncaring a-holes.

Theres some new good news regarding a 997C4S----> Denny Aker, owner of Aker's Porsche agreed to sell me his 2006 silver/black 997C4S when he orders his new 991 soon. Could be months but he agreed to sell it to me in front of his son Mark(as witness)
The car is really nice with perfect paint, sport seats, PSE and 61K miles. He just did a major service with new clutch/water pump/belts/brakes and removed the IMS grease seal. SImilar service I did to mine in December 2018.
So I'll have to figure out some sort of a carport or solid enclosed structure connected to my current garage this summer so I can keep both

Here are some photos and also a beauty original paint 1959 VW conv in their shop for service.

Old 05-18-2019, 12:33 PM
Steph1
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by groovzilla
Appreciate the offer Kellen but I just don't like the idea of paying for storage in a newer building with a tight/open space parking garage or storing my car away from my house.
The newer Seattle buildings have small/narrow parking spaces next to one another and I'd be too concerned about door dings or someone hitting the car pulling in an out - People these days are uncaring a-holes.

Theres some new good news regarding a 997C4S----> Denny Aker, owner of Aker's Porsche agreed to sell me his 2006 silver/black 997C4S when he orders his new 991 soon. Could be months but he agreed to sell it to me in front of his son Mark(as witness)
The car is really nice with perfect paint, sport seats, PSE and 61K miles. He just did a major service with new clutch/water pump/belts/brakes and removed the IMS grease seal. SImilar service I did to mine in December 2018.
So I'll have to figure out some sort of a carport or solid enclosed structure connected to my current garage this summer so I can keep both

Here are some photos and also a beauty original paint 1959 VW conv in their shop for service.

Holly crap!!! Bipolarity at its best 🤣 good for you.
Old 05-18-2019, 12:54 PM
WGJP 993
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Steph1
Holly crap!!! Bipolarity at its best 🤣 good for you.

Wait! Please, I can't keep track of the cars without a scorecard...
Old 05-18-2019, 01:06 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Recently I sat down and went thru all my old records and photos which I save over the past 34 years of Porsche ownership and here are the totals:

Scorecard:

Porsches owned: 57

Total # of Marriages: 3

And the 2006 C4S sort of fell in my lap yesterday----> I was telling Denny and Mark Aker how much I miss my 997 and I knew Denny had thought of selling his car several months ago so I asked Denny when he sells his car can I buy it. I've known Denny for a long time (34 years-His shop is 5 blocks from my house) and there is no nicer person or solid/honest business than the Aker's Porsche.
If Denny's car does come to fruition, I would never sell it. It would be a long time keeper.

Having been more of a "friend" than customer, I have been shooting the sh_t w/Denny for years - Since I also have an apartment building close to his building/shop, we bitch about the RE taxes/graffiti/ etc.
One story that rocked my boat and upsetting to me about 12 years ago: Denny would let customers or friends of customers upstairs in his shop where he stored several of his 356 Speedsters and coupes. He always trusted people and for years he let people do this. I walked in the shop one day and come to find someone stole a toolkit from one of the speedsters. Really disappointing to hear and a good example of "no good deed goes unpunished"
Fast forward a few years I bought a nice original 356 out of California and when it got to Seattle I walked the toolkit down to Denny's shop and gave it to him. I apologized for the thief who stole his and was glad to help out.
Aker's has always been there for me when it comes to repairs or any Porsche help I needed over the past 34 years and it made me feel good to contribute.
These days Denny has his huge car collection locked up in a secure warehouse he built.

Last edited by groovzilla; 05-18-2019 at 01:30 PM.
Old 05-18-2019, 01:53 PM
qikqbn
Rennlist Member

Received 529 Likes on 294 Posts

Damn!!! 3 marriages and some how you were still able to afford/purchase 57 Porsches !!! You have some how reached "god mode" in this game we call life ! I solute you!
Old 05-18-2019, 02:00 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by qikqbn
Damn!!! 3 marriages and some how you were still able to afford/purchase 57 Porsches !!! You have some how reached "god mode" in this game we call life ! I solute you!
thx

The best part of it all were the 25 or so round trip drives from Seattle to LA or SF in my 356's/911's
Great times and memories not knowing if my 356 would make the journey and reading off a road atlas.

These days in a 997 and using Google maps, it's less of an adventure.
Old 05-18-2019, 03:39 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,169 Likes on 3,933 Posts

So when he does sell that car, what's the plan? Outdoor car capsule, new garage, roll up door to the living room,...?
Old 05-18-2019, 03:59 PM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 349 Likes on 230 Posts

Love Akers. The upstairs and downstairs could be turned into a museum.
Old 05-18-2019, 08:47 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kellen
Love Akers. The upstairs and downstairs could be turned into a museum.
I saw silver key chains on sale this week on Ebay
Old 05-18-2019, 09:30 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Petza914
So when he does sell that car, what's the plan? Outdoor car capsule, new garage, roll up door to the living room,...?
I figure it will be within 3-4 months, maybe 5-7 months before he sells his car. He's in no rush but he's talked about ordering a new Porsche now for 5 months. He'll be pulling the trigger at some point.
I'm in no rush and it will give me tome to figure something out for cover.

I've uploaded some old garage photos and most recent with 911sc - garage is in back of my house down long driveway.
I also have workbench and my electronic drums are in back right corner of garage

I have a Victorian era 2 car garage w.small office on left side - Garage has current sized 16'w double garage door but lacks the width of a newer 2 car garage.
Back in 2000, I was able to keep my 308 Ferrari and 356 sunroof in my garage but barely had enough room to do anything at my work bench w/o moving a car outside.

In 2004 I built a cottage attached to the left side of garage office and my property line is 6' to the right side of my garage.
*The crappy dark photo w/my 1979 911sc in 2005 shows the east side of the cottage - Front door of cottage faces south - That small window is in the kitchen area.

I was thinking off adding onto the cottage using east wall as side of new 1 car structure w/gravel floor since I have the cottage plumbing and electrical lines buried in that area- I could build around the small window.
I could also pour gravel floor and buy one of those nice fully enclosed tarp/carports from costco? This might be the easiest smartest way to go since I could sell my wife much easier since it's portable - "yeah honey it'll only be up for a few months" hahaha

I'll get some better photos during the day---> I also keep our small boat where I want the new structure but I can move it.

Quick Reply: 997 Sold---> 1980 911SC Arrived Late Last Night--->997 Content