Sponsored by:

New wheels...snapped a few pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 10:38 PM
Scottc714
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by viper11511
Great looking car! I am not sure I could imagine a better looking wheel for it! Well done!
Thank you very much! best compliment i could possibly get

Originally Posted by Vince Honorato
Thats perfect, great sizing and classy look. Are you lowered at all? and do you mind sharing the info/link/pricing on the wheels you got? may be looking at these for a future setup.!
Thank you! yes the car is sitting on Eibach lowering springs so maybe an inch or slightly less. I got the wheels through Vibe motorsports in Burbank CA. I can tell you the wheels were selling for $450 more than what I ended up paying just 2 months ago. My guess is theyre clearing these out and focusing on new models. A quick google search Of Vertini RF 1.1 should get you to the info.Theres lots of distributors but Vibe was easy to work with. good luck...

Originally Posted by CW987
Those look great! is your car lowered? what camber settings are you running up front?
Thanks, yes see above posts . i believe camber is 1 1/2 * rear and 1* front...pretty standard .
Old 05-15-2019, 02:12 PM
dmpslc
Racer

Received 262 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by snosk8luke
Wheels look nice, but i"ll never understand why one would want new wheels before suspension upgrades/lowering. The fender gap totally negates the awesomeness of this setup. Your car though.
Because not everyone lives and drives in places with perfectly smooth and flat roads. In SLC we have a lot of drainage "dips" at residential intersections, we have speed bumps, I have an uphill driveway. I could totally lower my car, then reconfigure and repave my driveway and just never drive off the main roads. I'll take a little fender gap and keep driveability.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:27 PM
Steph1
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 94 Posts

Wow, love them... anthracite would make them even better.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:31 PM
Slow_997
Rennlist Member

Received 174 Likes on 40 Posts

Very nice 👍🏼
Old 05-15-2019, 08:49 PM
Scottc714
Advanced

Originally Posted by Slow_997
Very nice 👍🏼
Hey Steven..hows the car? have you scraped that spoiler off yet?
Old 05-16-2019, 02:17 AM
Slow_997
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Scottc714
Hey Steven..hows the car? have you scraped that spoiler off yet?
Cars good still running so can’t complain haha ....haven’t scraped it off yet but it’s almost time for a new one for sure ...how’s the cat treating you
Old 05-16-2019, 10:13 AM
Scottc714
Advanced

Cars good still running so can’t complain haha ....haven’t scraped it off yet but it’s almost time for a new one for sure ...how’s the cat treating you
Everythings good. I finally got around to selling the 993 so its nice and simple with one car again
Old 05-19-2019, 03:22 PM
Scottc714
Advanced

Update:
The silver lasted a week before I saw them as too bright, washed out and blinghy .
This is around the 7th time I've dipped wheels so I've gotten better at it. Properly applied it does look very good.
Color is Anthracite. 5 coats and no glossifier. I like the matt satin finish.

Here's a few shots of the finished product:

Old 05-19-2019, 10:41 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,140 Likes on 3,913 Posts

Those will look great on the white car and thanks for not making them black.

For me, I like brighter wheels, but not plain ever. I like them either polished or silver bit with some polished accents or milled areas that are them cleared. My Forgelines has this dual finish on them. I also really like translucent smoke which is about the same color you used, but has kind of a brushed under clear effect, but I has to be on the right color. If my car wasnt silver, that's probably the finish it'd have but I don't like it when the wheels match the car either.

As you can tell, I have pretty strong opinions and am pretty picky when it comes to what I like in wheels, and I like your choice.
Old 05-20-2019, 12:04 AM
Slow_997
Rennlist Member

Everythings good. I finally got around to selling the 993 so its nice and simple with one car again
WHAT SOLD THE 993 AND DIDNT GIVE ME FIRST DIBS! I woulda bought that thing in a second wheels look good dipped
Old 05-20-2019, 12:13 AM
Scottc714
Advanced

Petza914

Thanks. Im a bit of a wheel nut myself. I really like the spoke design of these wheels so now I just need to get the color dialed in. The plasti dip is obviously temporary and more of a mockup than anything. I havent even put them back on the car yet. Still debating whether or not Im even gonna like them . From some angles they appear darker than I want. I dont want anything that hints at black. Anytime Ive tried black they came back off the car within a couple weeks. Once I settle on the right color Ill get them painted or PC professionally Just want something darker than silver, but lighter than dark anthracite, charcoal or black for a white car.
Old 05-20-2019, 12:15 AM
Scottc714
Advanced

WHAT SOLD THE 993 AND DIDNT GIVE ME FIRST DIBS! I woulda bought that thing in a second wheels look good dipped
No way your your Fiancee was gonna have any of that
Old 05-20-2019, 12:32 AM
Scottc714
Advanced

Speaking of the 993 I had those wheels powder coated in a light anthracite. I may go this route again if I can find metal caps that fit...This is what I get for buying another white car. And now looking at the pictures of the 993 I miss the damn thing already.

Old 05-20-2019, 03:18 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,006 Likes on 714 Posts

Update:
The silver lasted a week before I saw them as too bright, washed out and blinghy .
This is around the 7th time I've dipped wheels so I've gotten better at it. Properly applied it does look very good.
Color is Anthracite. 5 coats and no glossifier. I like the matt satin finish.

Here's a few shots of the finished product:

Much better than the silver imo. And I agree with Petza....thanks for not going black. I guess "Anthracite" is another word for gunmetal. At least it looks close enough to that to my eyes. They also look close to my Forgelines. They chose to call what looks very close in color to yours "midnight silver". Whatever.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:08 PM
Scottc714
Advanced

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Much better than the silver imo. And I agree with Petza....thanks for not going black. I guess "Anthracite" is another word for gunmetal. At least it looks close enough to that to my eyes. They also look close to my Forgelines. They chose to call what looks very close in color to yours "midnight silver". Whatever.
Yah lots of different names for gunmetal. Your wheels are obviously awesome in all ways. I already have 2 other sets of wheels sitting in my garage and didnt wanna fork out the big bucks for the real deal wheels.I just wanted something with some more updated thinner flatter spokes compared to the wheels that came on the car .And theyre also lighter than the sport wheels too so not bad. I got a great deal on mine and knew Id most likely be changing the silver finish.The cars just for weekend fun so I think they should be fine. I just hate silver wheels on white cars.

Quick Reply: New wheels...snapped a few pics